PS4 inferior to the other 2 versions?

I was waching some reviews and they kept saying that PS4 version is inferior to the other two versions(even Switch's...). Any idea what are the actual differences and why we got screwed so badly? 

I'm definitely getting this game and on PS4 nonetheless, but I was really worried until today that we will get a sloppy release with bare minimum. To be honest since the game would still look esthetically pleasing, I was mostly worried about the trophy list having untranslated trophies and the same horrible trophy-art as the Evolution version of Sky series on Vita. Sorry, but that would have been a real deal-breaker for me ?

The game on PS4 is the same that Japan got

The game on PC and Switch has received graphical enhancements, bug fixes and a few extra features since Durante took care of those. NISA either can’t or won’t patch that stuff into the PS4 version.

The Trails Zero steam forums have the changes on PC and Switch

• Like 1

Honestly, the only thing that truly bothers me is the graphical imperfections. Many of the textures are terribly obscured to the point of being distracting. Some of the text and images look low res. Character models don't look great but are more than tolerable (in my opinion). I don't know which bugs are supposedly present, though.

That aside, the game seems perfectly playable. So far it runs nearly flawlessly, the audio is good, there's still a turbo mode, chest messages (in case anyone was worried about their inclusion), etc... The only addition that would've been really nice to me is the message log. But I played the Sky trilogy (1 & 2 on PSP/Vita) and Cold Steel 1 just fine without it. And of course, the core game is uncorrupted to my knowledge.

I still would've loved to have all the enhancements. But some of them seem a bit... superfluous for what is essentiallly a PSP title.  It sounds as if Durante's team did an extremely impressive job modernizing the game, yes. But more than anything, I just want to experience the Crossbell story and characters after looking forward to this for so long. I have CS 2, 3, and 4 collecting dust because of these games! And apparently there's 4-5 more in the pipeline after that! 

• Like 1

The below link lists the changes and even shows the graphics side by side, unless the PlayStation version got a day 1 patch its very lazy move by Nis America after viewing this article
https://themakoreactor.com/features/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero-ps4-vs-nintendo-switch-features-resolution-frame-rate-graphics-ps5-pc-steam-deck/41251/

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fisty123 said:

The below link lists the changes and even shows the graphics side by side, unless the PlayStation version got a day 1 patch its very lazy move by Nis America after viewing this article
https://themakoreactor.com/features/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero-ps4-vs-nintendo-switch-features-resolution-frame-rate-graphics-ps5-pc-steam-deck/41251/

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you! 

Not expecting any patch and it's really a shame that we have to play an inferior version, but I'm happy that I can platinum some Falcom greatness. 

9 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I doubt it's laziness on their part. I would not be at all surprised if Falcom told them that the Western PS4 release had to be the same as the Japanese one.