How long does this take to plat?

MidnightDragon

40-50 hours is a reasonable estimate if you're playing solo. You basically need to clear the base game story and then grind out some better equipment to grind the high-level content called "sieges" to get the materials you need for the upgrade trophies. You'll get the other trophies while going for it.

Note that you can probably shave 10 to 20 hours if you're playing with other players, but the servers are empty and shouldn't count on it except if you've got friends ready to play with you.

• Like 2

The more common an item, the more common/cheaper materials are used to enhance it. But, as far as I noticed, you need the same quantity of the rare materials needed to level up your gear, such as the special oils, so in the end it makes little differences. You'll still have to grind sieges to get Imperial Signatums to buy them.

Just don't forget to recycle any equipment you no longer use.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CowMoyoo said:

it is but it is extremely repetitive and boring, dropped it after trying out the demo

sounds like my type of game ;)

I ordererd it anyways because i really like platinum games.

i wont do this game alone so maybe its better with a friend :P

But thank you for your answer anyways preciate it

On 02/10/2022 at 7:06 AM, Schrimpey said:

so is it possible to do the Plat if i start the game to get the plat until the server shutdown?

As of now you have way enough time to plat the game before the server shutdown, don't worry. Playing with a friend it should take your less than 35-40h to finish the story and grind enough materials for fully upgrading your equipment.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, Schrimpey said:

sounds like my type of game ;)

I ordererd it anyways because i really like platinum games.

i wont do this game alone so maybe its better with a friend :P

But thank you for your answer anyways preciate it

Man i am sorry for you in advance...

I had the same idea. At first i was "quite enjoying" this game. Then i understood it would be the same 7 enemies again, again and again, and again... and again... (and again...). In the same levels again and again... (and again...). Doing the same 5 attacks again and again and again and again.

Right now i am stuck grinding the materials needed to upgrade weapon, armor and accessorie to their respective levels for the trophies. 

I am litteraly falling asleep as i play from time to time... Everything is a bag of pv in this game.

I decided to do the game without any information on it. But i am here. And right now i just realized that i will be stuck for another 10hours (if i am lucky...), doing the same things again and... ?

But somehow i kind of enjoy this misery (i cannot explain it).

Edited by Oni-DxZ
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Oni-DxZ said:

Man i am sorry for you in advance...

I had the same idea. At first i was "quite enjoying" this game. Then i understood it would be the same 7 enemies again, again and again, and again... and again... (and again...). In the same levels again and again... (and again...). Doing the same 5 attacks again and again and again and again.

Right now i am stuck grinding the materials needed to upgrade weapon, armor and accessorie to their respective levels for the trophies. 

I am litteraly falling asleep as i play from time to time... Everything is a bag of pv in this game.

I decided to do the game without any information on it. But i am here. And right now i just realized that i will be stuck for another 10hours (if i am lucky...), doing the same things again and... 1f609.png

But somehow i kind of enjoy this misery (i cannot explain it).

until now everything is Fine

im with a friend so were having fun :P 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:53 AM, Schrimpey said:

until now everything is Fine

im with a friend so were having fun :P 

I've just had the platinum. I was able to grind this week raid with three other random players. And it is a total game changer.

(I know it was supposed to be played online, four players).

I do not regret this platinum, but it was rough doing this alone. This game should have been a free-to-play. Thankfully they harakiri'd themselves with their greediness...

It was not the best experience in my life, but not the worse. It took 35-40hours for the platinum (i was trying things with equipment, waiting for players)

If you aren't alone and know what you do it can easily drop to 15-25 hours. (Assuming you are skipping the "story").

I will go sell it before this blu-ray turns into a cup holder in february...

Edited by Oni-DxZ
Bad english !

1 hour ago, Oni-DxZ said:

I've just had the platinum. I was able to grind this week raid with three other random players. And it is a total game changer.

(I know it was supposed to be played online, four players).

I do not regret this platinum, but it was rough doing this alone. This game should have been a free-to-play. Thankfully they harakiri'd themselves with their greediness...

It was not the best experience in my life, but not the worse. It took 35-40hours for the platinum (i was trying things with equipment, waiting for players)

If you aren't alone and know what you do it can easily drop to 15-25 hours. (Assuming you are skipping the "story").

I will go sell it before this blu-ray turns into a cup holder in february...

i think the game got those bad reviews etc.

because its just the same from level 1 on

also the story has so many plotholes and me and my coop partner we called some of the events that happen pretty early and laughed our asses of that we got eveything right.

I think its feels like a discount version of Nier: automata a little

also the combat system feels and looks a bit like a discount Nier...

Im not mad but how did they think people would play that kinda content for a longer period of time ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Schrimpey said:

Im not mad but how did they think people would play that kinda content for a longer period of time ?

I do not know, but it is really sad. I enjoyed Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising from the bottom of my heart. But since then the magic is gone.

(I have not played the two Bayonetta yet, i don't like the main character, but the games are waiting on my switch).

Have you done the two other main scenarios ? ...

15 minutes ago, Oni-DxZ said:

I enjoyed Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising from the bottom of my heart. But since then the magic is gone.

Did you play Transformer Devastation, The Wonderful 101, Astral Chains or NieR:Automata? Those games really manage to capture the Platinum magic again. And Bayonetta 3 is coming in two weeks and looks sick as hell.

PlatinumGames really is an erratic developer, able to produce incredible games as much as abysmal crap such as Babylon's Fall. But every once in a while, they reminds us why they are unmatched in creating action games. I'm really hyped for Project G.G.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetho_mig said:

Did you play Transformer Devastation, The Wonderful 101, Astral Chains or NieR:Automata? Those games really manage to capture the Platinum magic again. And Bayonetta 3 is coming in two weeks and looks sick as hell.

PlatinumGames really is an erratic developer, able to produce incredible games as much as abysmal crap such as Babylon's Fall. But every once in a while, they reminds us why they are unmatched in creating action games. I'm really hyped for Project G.G.

I have done them all except Wonderful 101.

I am not a fan of Nier Automata (but i really enjoyed the shoot'em up part of it a lot). The same goes for Astral Chain. I do not know why but i do not feel the impact of the strikes during combat (the same as Babylon's Fall).

Vanquish, MGR and Bayonetta (1-2) are pure violence and madness and made you feel really powerful but i did not find that feeling again in their games after that.

I knew when i saw the gameplay of Babylon's Fall that it would be pure garbage but since i literally paid near nothing to have it i did not mind.

If they would release a Metal Gear Rising HD i would buy it for sure eyes closed ^^

14 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

I loved Nier Automata sooooo much!!!

I still have to get the PS4 Nier :D

15 hours ago, Oni-DxZ said:

I do not know, but it is really sad. I enjoyed Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising from the bottom of my heart. But since then the magic is gone.

(I have not played the two Bayonetta yet, i don't like the main character, but the games are waiting on my switch).

Have you done the two other main scenarios ? ...

no i didnt

We just finished the main story yesterday and the end was just confusing and weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, And98s said:

You can see it on PS5 or on websites like exophase.com.

Ohh okay.  I've left the game open a few times so mine will end up slightly inflated, but I'll have an estimate ish here soon.

One thing I can recommend though if you guys want to make this easier on yourselves.  It went way faster for me any time I had this build.  To the point I've stopped changing to my highest level equipment unless it fits this build.

Equip the type of bow in your R2 that can charge as you attack. Any type.  They do so much damage.  The types that make you aim when you hold R2 suck. They do a lot of damage but the are not nearly as useful as being able to occasionally just have massive charge damage attack one after another while brawling.

A shield that can tank a decent hit from a boss in your L2.

Then just any type of weapon but it seems to give you the weapon type you are using mostly.  I've noticed I do better with swords.  I'm also doing the class that has life steal, and swords syngergize well because the bow I use for stuns, and it's more effective than hammers, so the sword I do to get lots of hits in for armor pieces and stuff that give me HP on hit.  I think the class I have was added later so it wasn't included in "what's the best starting class" articles and stuff, the few that exist.

Super basic. You can do it from the beginning.  Will allow you to go through all sorts of armor that doesn't fit your build while you're just grinding up levels so you don't have to constantly infuse, and has allowed me to take on basically any enemy type including levels above me when necessary (usually not necessary).

Edited by Chettlar