Corrupted save file after 1.09 update

I just installed the new 1.09 update and it has completely corrupted my save file. Playing the ps4 version on ps5 hardware and the game crashes without fail whenever I load any of my saves. 
I don’t know if this will happen for everyone still working on the ps4 version but let this be a warning that if you download the new update it may wreck your save file.

and at 80% completion of my final play through too :(

update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and deleted my save from console and cloud and started completely fresh and it seems to have fixed the issue. If you are close to finishing the game it may be a good idea to finish your play through before updating the game.

Edited by Dr_Scaphism_MD

On 9/28/2022 at 0:20 PM, Dr_Scaphism_MD said:

I just installed the new 1.09 update and it has completely corrupted my save file. Playing the ps4 version on ps5 hardware and the game crashes without fail whenever I load any of my saves. 
I don’t know if this will happen for everyone still working on the ps4 version but let this be a warning that if you download the new update it may wreck your save file.

and at 80% completion of my final play through too :(

update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and deleted my save from console and cloud and started completely fresh and it seems to have fixed the issue. If you are close to finishing the game it may be a good idea to finish your play through before updating the game.

Unfortunately game was set to auto patch. Leaving the game for a while and hope they update/fix their update.

Ok so... I don't know if I'm just lucky or if I actually fixed it, but I uploaded my corrupted save file to the cloud and downloaded it to the console (overwriting the same old save in the process). Then... magic happened I guess? My game didn't crash and I got to play past what use to be my crashing point. I also noticed that I was able to select a new chapter and overwrite my save file from the chapter selection menu. Maybe doing this might fix it as well (I remember you had to finish your playthrough in Man of Medan in order to select a new chapter, but this was my very first time playing Little Hope and I was able to do it for some reason). It doesn't make much sense but hey, it's fixed for now! :) 

On 07/10/2022 at 2:30 AM, Dawnbard said:

Ok so... I don't know if I'm just lucky or if I actually fixed it, but I uploaded my corrupted save file to the cloud and downloaded it to the console (overwriting the same old save in the process). Then... magic happened I guess? My game didn't crash and I got to play past what use to be my crashing point. I also noticed that I was able to select a new chapter and overwrite my save file from the chapter selection menu. Maybe doing this might fix it as well (I remember you had to finish your playthrough in Man of Medan in order to select a new chapter, but this was my very first time playing Little Hope and I was able to do it for some reason). It doesn't make much sense but hey, it's fixed for now! :) 

Didn't work for me. Might just start again. I am not too far into the game thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, WalshYNWA said:

Didn't work for me. Might just start again. I am not too far into the game thankfully.

That's weird, the continuous crashes happened again and I simply reloaded the chapter from the menu and it fixed it.

I'll also point out that my "option" save file got corrupted as well at some point, wich erased my collectibles progression. I didn't know this was also a thing but to anyone reading this, it might be a good idea to backup your option save file on the cloud every now and then. 

9 hours ago, Dawnbard said:

That's weird, the continuous crashes happened again and I simply reloaded the chapter from the menu and it fixed it.

I'll also point out that my "option" save file got corrupted as well at some point, wich erased my collectibles progression. I didn't know this was also a thing but to anyone reading this, it might be a good idea to backup your option save file on the cloud every now and then. 

I'm a bit nervous about starting the game again in case it gets corrupted again, that would be annoying.

On 20/10/2022 at 1:51 AM, WalshYNWA said:

I'm a bit nervous about starting the game again in case it gets corrupted again, that would be annoying.

Well I got my platinum a couple of days ago, and it only crashed at one specific time for me :

Spoiler

when Daniel & Taylor find the girl at the playground near the school, they have a vision, and my game crashed everytime Reverend Carver shows up to catch Mary.

Worth mentioning that it only happened in every solo playthroughs, not in Movie Night mode. Maybe you should go for it and deal with the collectibles first. Once you've got that out of the way, the corrupted saves are not a big problem. Again, reloading this chapter from the main menu was all it took for me to get it fixed!

Edited by Dawnbard

6 hours ago, Dawnbard said:

Well I got my platinum a couple of days ago, and it only crashed at one specific time for me :

Reveal hidden contents

when Daniel & Taylor find the girl at the playground near the school, they have a vision, and my game crashed everytime Reverend Carver shows up to catch Mary.

Worth mentioning that it only happened in every solo playthroughs, not in Movie Night mode. Maybe you should go for it and deal with the collectibles first. Once you've got that out of the way, the corrupted saves are not a big problem. Again, reloading this chapter from the main menu was all it took for me to get it fixed!

Yeah I am going to just start a complete new playthrough and hope for no more issues. Shame really that this new update had to break our save files.