Recent Update Erased My Collectables

I was in the middle of progression on this game with just recently finishing my first playthrough when patch 1.18 dropped today. I was about to check what's new when I was greeted with the policy agreement like I just inserted the game in for the first time. There was no continue on my game, so I tried to load my save that only prompted chapter select, with the ending defaulting to an ending I did not get on my first playthrough. What's worse, when I checked my collectable, the secrets and paintings I discovered through that playthrough were all gone, and I know they registered when I looked back before the patch.

Is anyone else dealing with similar issue? I hope I'm not the only one and if this is some sort of bug, is there a solution to fix this? 

Edited by MarcusPunisher
/

12 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

RIP Man of Medan Platinum for now 1f62a.png

Always these incompetent developers that can't even release a simple update without issues 1f629.png

I don’t think it’s incompetence, shit happens man, it’s not always human error.

Shame that this happened guys, hopefully they can fix it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I don’t think it’s incompetence, shit happens man, it’s not always human error.

They did a mistake somewhere in the coding of the update. Either deleted or changed codes that are tied to collectible save files. So defo human error. 

Just hope they'll fix it fast. Not gonna play through the game again 3-4 times ?

• Like 1

UPDATE for version 1.18:

If you still need to do the following trophies and have a completed save file..

Everyone survived

Heart decisions run

Head decisions run

Since the new update deleted ALL collectibles AND decisions from your previous playthrough, just load the end chapter. No matter how you decided. At the end, all these 3 trophies will pop due to the glitch! 

• Like 2

I'm at least glad that I'm not the only one. I reported the issue as well and now we can only hope. 

2 hours ago, Gnillisch said:

UPDATE for version 1.18:

Everyone survived

Heart decisions run

Head decisions run

Since the new update deleted ALL collectibles AND decisions from your previous playthrough, just load the end chapter. No matter how you decided. At the end, all these 3 trophies will pop due to the glitch! 

I tried that and it unlocked the last two, but I rather have my collectibles back since I would have to start over again lol

(Chapter: Ritual) Secret #47: Cargo Ship Manual - Playing as Fliss, this secret is stationed on top of a barrel on the opposite side of the ballroom from the last secret.

It's glitched, freeze game every time you swipe page. Playing on CC

Edit

Secret #47 is not freeze game on Shared Story TC

Edited by ZoKu08

Not to be insensitive to everyone who is struggling to get this platinum now, but I have to ask. If I have already earned the plats for all three Dark Anthology games and I install the update now, will it affect my platinums and my ability to play The Devil In Me with the PS4 reading the completed save files from the previous games? I'm not sure if this series unlocks things or changes the Curator's dialogue after acknowledging save files from the previous entries, but I don't want to take any chances. Thanks, guys. ?

2 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Not to be insensitive to everyone who is struggling to get this platinum now, but I have to ask. If I have already earned the plats for all three Dark Anthology games and I install the update now, will it affect my platinums and my ability to play The Devil In Me with the PS4 reading the completed save files from the previous games? I'm not sure if this series unlocks things or changes the Curator's dialogue after acknowledging save files from the previous entries, but I don't want to take any chances. Thanks, guys. 1f337.png

The Curator can acknowledge you as familiar to him if the game "sees" previous save data on your system, but there's no other impact than that. You don't need to worry about it.

• Like 2

Hate to be bearer of bad news, but this might be the general consensus on the recent issue like my response from Bandai Namco. I think trying to explain this person that even the backed up save file from my playthrough doesn't work is a waste of time. I don't think there is much that can be done, but this sucks nonetheless. 

0LmfhiP.png

15 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Hate to be bearer of bad news, but this might be the general consensus on the recent issue like my response from Bandai Namco. I think trying to explain this person that even the backed up save file from my playthrough doesn't work is a waste of time. I don't think there is much that can be done, but this sucks nonetheless. 

0LmfhiP.png

Feels like that response totally missed the point of the problem. It reads like a “sorry you’ve lost your save completely” response as opposed to “sorry our latest patch isn’t recognising some of the save data’s progress flags”

Would be tempted to reach out directly to Supermassive rather than Bamco. They’re more likely to understand what you’re saying

2 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Feels like that response totally missed the point of the problem. It reads like a “sorry you’ve lost your save completely” response as opposed to “sorry our latest patch isn’t recognising some of the save data’s progress flags”

Would be tempted to reach out directly to Supermassive rather than Bamco. They’re more likely to understand what you’re saying

Bandai Namco do the support for the Dark Pictures Anthology as they're the publisher. They are the ones everyone needs to reach out to to report the issues. From there, further investigation can take place :)

Edited by anxietycrossing

58 minutes ago, anxietycrossing said:

Bandai Namco do the support for the Dark Pictures Anthology as they're the publisher. They are the ones everyone needs to reach out to to report the issues.

Bamco are the publisher. Supermassive are the developer. It’s fine to reach out to either, but the devs are likely understand the problem better. Especially when the contact on the publisher’s side is their generic customer service team

46 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Bamco are the publisher. Supermassive are the developer. It’s fine to reach out to either, but the devs are likely understand the problem better. Especially when the contact on the publisher’s side is their generic customer service team

You'll be redirected. Reports need to go through BANDAI.

Edited to add links.

Edited by anxietycrossing

4 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Tried that and got redirected to Bandai Namco for that issue as they are supposed to deal with that.

Thanks for the report links. The update messed up my shared story save file as well :/ it also erased my collectibles and we were more than halfway through

On 9/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, Gnillisch said:

UPDATE for version 1.18:

Everyone survived

Heart decisions run

Head decisions run

If you are going for this, make sure you use a save file that was completed before the update

2 hours ago, MightyKingPupu said:

What happens if you delete the update and revert to a previous version? 1.18 is ultimately only necessary for the shared story trophy. 

Not sure if that works. Maybe someone can try and confirm that loophole.

Technically it should be possible to play on Version 1.0, complete a save file and then update the game to load the end chapter.

On 29/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, ZoKu08 said:

(Chapter: Ritual) Secret #47: Cargo Ship Manual - Playing as Fliss, this secret is stationed on top of a barrel on the opposite side of the ballroom from the last secret.

Its glitched, freeze game every time you swipe page. Plat is impossible to get now. Playing on Curator's  cut

Played on Theatrical, grabbed the collectible without issue. I am doing a full CC run now to see for myself if there's something else amiss, then I'll check if it's possible (should be) to uninstall the update patch.

Overall I can prematurely say that if some collectibles are glitched in either cut, you are looking at two separate runs to get them all (which you'd be doing anyway), unless some fuckery happens to glitch a collectible in both cuts.