What XP/Money glitches etc. work on death march as of patch 1.62?

Thomas2400

Just downloaded the game again after a few years and was thinking about going for the platinum

I'm wondering what if any glitches can still be used to make death march an easier experience 

The trophy guide lists ones that still work after 1.12 but considering we are at 1.62 I have no idea if they'll still work 

Edit: just to add I'm playing on PS5 and I didn't see an option to not install the lastest version

Edited by Thomas2400

Why would you need a money or exp glitch for the witcher? That game is easy on deathmarch!

There are so many items in the world that you can sell so that you will never have any money problems. And after a few levels that game becoms so easy with skills like food that lasts for 20 minutes! And with igni you can burn most of the enemys to cinder easily....

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

Just downloaded the game again after a few years and was thinking about going for the platinum

I'm wondering what if any glitches can still be used to make death march an easier experience 

The trophy guide lists ones that still work after 1.12 but considering we are at 1.62 I have no idea if they'll still work 

Edit: just to add I'm playing on PS5 and I didn't see an option to not install the lastest version

Yep just like feichti said above money is not the problem at all, u can loot innumerable stuff and sell innumerable stuff.

My advice for DM difficulty - 

1. Before u start ur DM in NG+, finish all dlc in NG, and during the climax of heart of stone don't save Olgierd. Gaunter will give u one of the 3 gifts, grab HORN OF PLENTY, an unlimited supply of food, since u can't meditate to replenish ur health in DM difficulty, so this gift will help u tremendously in DM run.

Plus Gourmet ability from the General skill tree is a must, it will heal ur HP constantly for 20 minutes.

2. For combat just max out QUEN and spam it during combat.

19 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Yep just like feichti said above money is not the problem at all, u can loot innumerable stuff and sell innumerable stuff.

My advice for DM difficulty - 

1. Before u start ur DM in NG+, finish all dlc in NG, and during the climax of heart of stone don't save Olgierd. Gaunter will give u one of the 3 gifts, grab HORN OF PLENTY, an unlimited supply of food, since u can't meditate to replenish ur health in DM difficulty, so this gift will help u tremendously in DM run.

Plus Gourmet ability from the General skill tree is a must, it will heal ur HP constantly for 20 minutes.

2. For combat just max out QUEN and spam it during combat.

It's been so long since I've played I'll probably just do a normal playthrough of the game and DLC and be sure to pick up this item 

Just a few follow up question, how does NG+ effect enemies will they be significantly stronger? and can you out level enemies with enemy scaling turned off? 

I don't know what level I'd hit doing everything in the base game + both DLC but can I hit a level that enemies won't do above with scaling off or do they always just appear at a similar level or higher depending on where you are in the story 

1 minute ago, Thomas2400 said:

It's been so long since I've played I'll probably just do a normal playthrough of the game and DLC and be sure to pick up this item 

Just a few follow up question, how does NG+ effect enemies will they be significantly stronger? and can you out level enemies with enemy scaling turned off? 

I don't know what level I'd hit doing everything in the base game + both DLC but can I hit a level that enemies won't do above with scaling off or do they always just appear at a similar level or higher depending on where you are in the story 

Enemies are stronger, but doable with upgraded armor and weapons, always upgrade ur stuff or simply purchase it, the game always over scale enemies,if u start NG+ at level 45, enemies will be at 50 or 55, if u are at 50, enemies will be at 55 or 60.

No there aren't any custom settings for u to turn off enemy scaling.

Start one of the DLCs, then make a manual save straight away (one of the DLCs will give better stats, forget which).

Then use that DLC save to load a NG+ game from, that way you can start Death March straight away on NG+.

You will have LOADS of materials, LOADS of weapons, Level 30+, LOADS of Gold, LOADS of skill points etc!!

NG+ does have more difficult enemies, but Death March is more difficult anyway. Some players will say playing on NG+ is harder, but playing on Death March 1st or NG+ is the same, will be a little difficult in the beginning, it balances out (DM with no items and NG+ with everything).

Advantage of NG+ starting is that you start with everything eliminating a LOT of grinding 

If you're going for the platinum you'll have to do lots of Witcher contracts and I found those to be a pretty good way of making money, especially since it might lead you into a cave that can have some hidden loot. Make sure to negotiate how much money you get when you do those. I would also say that you'll want to keep in mind that some vendors will give you more money for stuff than others. Overall though, it shouldn't be bad. I played the game again rather recently on the difficulty below death march and I had no money problems the entire time until I was going for getting all the Witcher gears and upgrading them to grandmaster, but you'll probably choose one gear set to match your play style and go with that.

Max out Whirl and Rend (tier 3 fast and strong abilities under the combat tree). You need 30 points total to max out both, but they're OP as fuck and you can easily beat iris' six nightmares simultaneously (a trophy in Hearts of Stone) on DM using Rend, maxed out Dancing Star Bomb and some potions.

Trust me, Whirl and Rend are all you need on DM. You're welcome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

Max out Whirl and Rend (tier 3 fast and strong abilities under the combat tree). You need 30 points total to max out both, but they're OP as fuck and you can easily beat iris' six nightmares simultaneously (a trophy in Hearts of Stone) on DM using Rend, maxed out Dancing Star Bomb and some potions.

Trust me, Whirl and Rend are all you need on DM. You're welcome.

Yeah whirl and rend are amazing combo moves, i used whirl against Imlerith in DM run, side dodge + whirl, very powerful abilities 

Playing The Witcher 3 on Death march is not that hard. Do witcher contracts and side quests to earn money. crafting materials and leveling up. 

It's really hard at the beginning when you are like level 1 - level 5. But with the right equipment and using Witcher signs ( QUEN all the way) , death march is hardly a challenge. 

My best gear for me is the griffin set ( Enhanced, Superior, Mastercrafted, Grandmaster ).  LOL spamming igni to your enemies is so satisfying. 

51 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

Isnt they both same? I checked both for skill points, and they are identical

I think one starts you at a level above or the same so you can't pop the level 35 trophy is it...???

But the other DLC starts you just below the level that pops a trophy.

There was another benefit, maybe something about your equipment, but I forget now

On 28.09.2022 at 4:09 PM, zulqarmessi said:

Nope been there done that, Aerondight will also become useless in DM

Witcher 3 is my favorite game ever. I have went out of my way to get two avalaible platinums. I have finished this game over 15 times, 4 times on DM

Aerondight is not useless during Deathmarch. I was running a signs build+aerondight and breezed through the game. I think only Ciri boss battles gave me any issues, and maybe Caranthir. 

With NG+ you start with additional mutagens, I had an armor that automatically casted Quen whenever I entered the battle. Of course that armor has become too low level after some time, but it was perfect for the start of the Deathmarch to get into the flow of things. I got the best steel swords as I went but kept Aerondight as my main silver one for the whole playthrough, even with lower base stants to all other swords it raises the attack with each hit and deals massive damage. I really recommend to try it. 

But you can try potions build. I have never tried it myself, but I heard it basically breaks the game and makes dm a breeze

• Like 1

If you'd like a step by step video guide on how to at least get ready for Death March, as long as you have the DLC's, check out this guide done by Square One Games. He's very under rated as he has some of the best video plus audio guides out there.

Edited by BestUsername----

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I think one starts you at a level above or the same so you can't pop the level 35 trophy is it...???

But the other DLC starts you just below the level that pops a trophy.

I believe it's like this:

Hearts of Stone starts you at level 32.

Blood and Wine starts you at level 34.

When I start out death march I just used the sign that turns enemies against each other and ran away a bit so I'd not get targeted as much and let everything kill each other then go in and loot the corpses never really had much trouble then once I'm strong enough I started actively fighting but still used that perticular sign alot also u can get a potion that auto makes itself to heal you and it's ingredients are stuff u pick up all the time anyway 

I think whirl and rend were nerfed in an update. Various enemies can parry whirl on death march.

If you're looking for potions or decoctions, one of the best is the White Raffard Decoction. The superior version restores 100% of health instantly, and can be used 3 times before you need to replenish with meditation. Worth adding to one of your quick slots for encounters you have trouble with.

Golden Oriole makes poison heal instead of damage, which is really handy in some side quests and when dealing with arachnas. Or the toad in Hearts of Stone.

Chort Decoction makes you invulnerable to stun effects for the entirety of a fight. so is perfect to withstand that annoying kick Eredin does. 

Oh, and don't forget elementa oil on your sword when fighting the Wild Hunt. ?