October 2022 PS+ Essential games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate September 2022's PS+ Essential's lineup  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Rate September 2022's PS+ Essential's lineup

2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

Looks like a good month for me. Not a huge racing fan but at a quick glance Hot Wheels looks like exactly the kind of arcade racer I enjoy and one that isn’t too frustrating or overstays it’s welcome. 

And I’ve been wanting to play Superhot since it came out - it looks very unique! It sorta reminds me of Ghostrunner in how it could be described as a puzzle game disguised as another genre entirely (FPS in this case).

Decent month in my book. ?

EDIT: I forgot to say one thing though… Sony always seems to miss the mark come October when at least one or more horror/Halloween themed games would be a perfect draw for PS+. It’s a shame.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You'll probably have to pay "Extra" or "Premium" for that! :eyebrow:

A lil' bit of Dino Crisis horror would be cool ?

Ba-dum-tssh but your probably right. I really don't want to upgrade until I have better internet access though. 

42 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

EDIT: I forgot to say one thing though… Sony always seems to miss the mark come October when at least one or more horror/Halloween themed games would be a perfect draw for PS+. It’s a shame.

They had Vampyr on plus 2-3 years ago IIRC but the interceding years were like this month. ?‍?

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

They had Vampyr on plus 2-3 years ago IIRC but the interceding years were like this month. 1f62e.png1f4a8.png

I know that Sony probably has deals made with developers and PS+ monthly lineups planned ages in advance, but it doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to plan one or two festive releases for Halloween every year that would get people hyped and would help promote the service. They’re probably just too lazy.

I suppose with the PS Extra/Premium catalogs now that this is all a moot point now, but still. It would have been good marketing for PS+ in previous years so I never understood why they didn’t do it.

Honestly this feels like paying (as in being subscribed) for the same thing twice, with Injustice and Superhot. Feels like premium/extra members are getting kinda fucked, which I think is not something you should be doing to your "premium" customers. Frankly, essential seems like a scam at this point, to some degree. 

Superhot is great though, a weird but very fun game. 

17 hours ago, HusKy said:

All Hot Wheels DLCs received price increase early this month. What a coincidence, huh?! ?‍♂️

edit. Just checked all the DLCs and everything went up by ~50%, not just expansions. Updated my post to be more accurate.

Not true all the dlc is the exact same price as when they were released season passes are $30 and expansions are $15 those have always been the price

Edited by oswald41