Thoughts on the game after 8 hours of gameplay

painable5466

Console players playing with PC players is the biggest issue right now. But from what I see the game needs the console players to survive as from what I read the daily player count was under 1000 for PC players. That is also why there is no skill based matchmaking. The isn't enough of a player base there to support it.

• Like 1

Here's a short update after 8 hours of gameplay.

The core gameplay is sweet and tons of fun. So far I haven't noticed any p2w elements, all items in the store seem to be of cosmetic nature only. Well, I can't really see anything in the in-game Store. The UI is an atrocious-mobile-piece-of-shit design. 

To address OP's points:

A) Yes, that unfortunately does happen. If a player leaves the match, it takes 2-4 minutes to get back into the match for some players. The matches are very short so basically, the whole game is ruined if it happens to you. There doesn't seem to be a punishment in place for leavers. I tried to leave a match, there was a warning "you will lose all the progress and won't be able to queue up for some time". I was able to queue up again right away and the matchmaking didn't take longer than usual. Maybe you would have to leave more than once to be correctly flagged.

B ) There's an option to disable cross-play but I'm not sure if it works. Our team is mainly people with the PS logo the enemy team is all [XXX]Name so a grouped clan wars of high level, no PS logo so I assume PC players. I've tried looking those people on PS App and they never show up but I was always able to look up players with the mentioned PS logo. The ranked games often end up with one team completely dominating the other. A score of 60 vs 5 is nothing unusual. Simply put, matchmaking is absolute garbage as often is the case in these games.

C) 4th hero being locked behind 20K Coins or 800 Gems. I don't think that's going to be an issue. You can get it for either the mentioned 20 000 Coins - a currency you get for leveling up, daily/weekly quests, and other quests. There's a Starter Pack for $5 with 800 Gems. I already made 25K+ just from doing quests and leveling up.

Since the game came out on PC a year ago and all the mentioned issues are also listed on Steam reviews posted months ago, I have no hopes devs are going to fix any of that. This is a typical cash grab f2p game infested with, luckily only cosmetics, and microtransactions. It's a vehicle to sell you a game pass. This is especially sad because the gameplay is fun. Oh, and the game already crashed 10+ times but only in the menu right after the match.

I'm giving it 4/10 due to terrible matchmaking, far from user-friendly UI, and often crashes. If the technical issues were fixed, this would be a solid 7/10.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 4:09 AM, painable5466 said:

While there are great points to the game, they are very few in comparison to the negatives.

Since I saw dragons, I thought I would jump in...because DRAGONS, and this part does not disappoint. 

Playing ranked matches is an absolute abysmal experience. From what I can see PC players and PS5 players have cross play. 

A LOT of improvements need to be made before I would consider being invested in this game. Sadly...the game is fun.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:45 AM, theSpirae said:

The core gameplay is sweet and tons of fun. So far I haven't noticed any p2w elements, all items in the store seem to be of cosmetic nature only. 

I'm giving it 4/10 due to terrible matchmaking, far from user-friendly UI, and often crashes. If the technical issues were fixed, this would be a solid 7/10.

Thanks to both of you for posting your thoughts after giving the game 8-hours of playtime. I had the same reaction as painable5466: DRAGONS. Yeah! Let's do it! A fun F2P dragon game while HBO is airing House of Dragons seems like a sure-fire winner, and yet, this title is failing to gain an audience.

No one I play with said a peep about Century, which made me wonder why. Now I know. PC vs. console in PVP games tends to be a mixed bag, and often console players get the short end of the stick. Century seems like a great jump that can't stick the landing. Hopefully over time they can resolve the issues crippling it, because this could be really cool.

So why are the trophies so rare? If you can disable crossplay, the games are relatively short, and the game is already dead, shouldn't that make it easy to boost? Yet the 200 kills and 100 wins are both under 1%. Going by the info everyone's given, it sounds quite easy.

There has to be something I'm missing..

1 hour ago, Riiszk said:

So why are the trophies so rare? If you can disable crossplay, the games are relatively short, and the game is already dead, shouldn't that make it easy to boost? Yet the 200 kills and 100 wins are both under 1%. Going by the info everyone's given, it sounds quite easy.

There has to be something I'm missing..

Talked to someone yesterday who said the 200 Kills trophy is bugged since the tracking is not really working. This makes it kinda unobtainable right now. He contacted the devs months ago about it already. No idea about the wins tho.

• Like 1

I stopped playing the game because the matchmaking is pure garbage and because most of my remaining tracking trophies (kills/wins) the tracker stopped working so the trophies are unobtainable, at least for me.

Oh, the trophies are also rare because the majority of the trophy hunters are a bit an** about "no Platinum? Wouldn't waste my time on it"

Edited by theSpirae
  • Like 1