Looking to trade 50 EUR PSN codes for equivalent US and HKD codes

LeakySavings555

EDIT: The codes I have for trade are for the Finnish region and only work on a Finnish account (Finland, Europe). The original post below erroneously equated all EUR codes to each other. I apologize for the confusion!

Hello!

I have a couple of European 50 EUR codes (Euro currency), and I was wondering if anyone was in need of those and willing to trade 50 USD codes or whatever is the Asian equivalent of that for them. The Asian cards don't need to be HKD, but if you have something else on offer, I'll need to do a little research first and set up a new account. Basically I'm looking for codes I can use to buy games from the Asia region. This could potentially save some money for both parties if you're otherwise used to paying a little more for your foreign PSN cards than they're worth.

How I imagine this will go:
You DM me if you're interested with what you have on offer, and I'll send you my code first. You confirm that the code works for you i.e. redeem it, and only then send me your code. No risk for you--none that I can think of anyway.

Edited by LeakySavings555
Erroneous information in the original post.

Ok, seriously, DON'T SEND YOUR CODE TO SOME RANDOM PERSON.

How you imagine it will go is absolutely how it will NOT go, considering you're so willing to send your code first. Don't be foolish and just redeem those codes yourself and get yourself games/dlc. If you really want HKD, purchase it from play-asia.

• Like 3

I just joined to make this thread. LeakySavings555 was the name PSN suggested to me for my HK account. I thought it was funny. Granted, probably looks a little weird considering the topic has to do with money too.

53 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

Ok, seriously, DON'T SEND YOUR CODE TO SOME RANDOM PERSON.

How you imagine it will go is absolutely how it will NOT go, considering you're so willing to send your code first. Don't be foolish and just redeem those codes yourself and get yourself games/dlc. If you really want HKD, purchase it from play-asia.

I realize this may be a bad idea, but I got these EUR codes for cheap, so this could potentially save me a lot of money and is worth a try, I think. I'm willing to risk it and eat a loss once. If I get scammed I'll stop.

5 minutes ago, Van-Helsings said:

Or....You can just use them yourself...Why trade?

I can't use them in other regions' stores. I got my codes for cheap, and if I can successfully trade these for other regions' codes, it will save me money. Purchasing codes from Play-Asia or elsewhere would be more expensive for me in this case.

Just now, Van-Helsings said:

Just make a PSN account with the same regions of the codes, and put the codes on that account....you can save yourself and everyone else the hassle.

I know this but just wondering why he hasn't said what country.

On 1.10.2022 at 5:23 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I know this but just wondering why he hasn't said what country.

As I said in the opening post, the codes are in the euro currency. Therefore, as far as I know, they work on all accounts that use the euro. More specifically, the codes were originally bought in Finland (afaik). They would indeed not work with your Danish account, but they would work with your Spanish account.

EDIT: The bolded part is wrong. See the first post. Sorry for the false info!

False info

Just now, LeakySavings555 said:

You DM me if you're interested with what you have on offer, and I'll send you my code first. You confirm that the code works for you i.e. redeem it, and only then send me your code. No risk for you--none that I can think of anyway.

This right here says it all. No way in the world would someone send a code 1st to "confirm it works". Thread reported. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LeakySavings555 said:

As I said in the opening post, the codes are in the euro currency. Therefore, as far as I know, they work on all accounts that use the euro. More specifically, the codes were originally bought in Finland (afaik). They would indeed not work with your Danish account, but they would work with your Spanish account.

They would only work with Finnish accounts. So just make a Finnish account and use them there.

Edited by NewDust

1 minute ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

How would a Finnish code work with my Spanish account, but not with a danish account...?

That's not how it works...

Denmark doesn't have €, lol. Finland and Spain do. Even still, euro cards are still tied to the store country from which the card originally came.

Edited by NewDust
  • Like 3

Just now, NewDust said:

Denmark doesn't have €, lol. Fonland and Spain do.

Oh shit you're right haha been away from Denmark 20 years forgot they don't have the Euro. But it still wouldn't work with a Finnish code for a Spanish account lol.

39 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

But it still wouldn't work with a Finnish code for a Spanish account lol.

I tried googling this before making this topic, and I kept getting a lot of hits that spoke of regions but not of countries. I found a thread on reddit in which people said you can redeem certain US codes on a Canadian account, but not currency codes because the currencies are not the same. If this is true about the countries and the cash codes, it would make this thread pretty much meaningless. Anyway, I'm open for trying if someone wants to give it a go and wants to potentially trade codes.

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

This right here says it all. No way in the world would someone send a code 1st to "confirm it works". Thread reported. 

I'm discussing this with the other mods.

This does feel off for sure and a bit sketchy, but I fail to see how someone gets scammed out of this unless he's trading a stolen code or something like that. If the code doesn't work,  leave the conversation and be done with it.

I'll be honest though,  I think there's a minimal chance of finding someone to trade cards with on the forums because this is such an unusual situation to begin with. There's very few people who just randomly hold on to foreign codes in hopes of trading for another currency.  People who know how to get codes in other currencies are not going to go through strangers for cards.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm discussing this with the other mods.

This does feel off for sure and a bit sketchy, but I fail to see how someone gets scammed out of this unless he's trading a stolen code or something like that. If the code doesn't work,  leave the conversation and be done with it.

I'll be honest though,  I think there's a minimal chance of finding someone to trade cards with on the forums because this is such an unusual situation to begin with. There's very few people who just randomly hold on to foreign codes in hopes of trading for another currency.  People who know how to get codes in other currencies are not going to go through strangers for cards.

I thought seling or 'trading' anything wasn't allowed in here. Why just not delete this thread before PSN Profiles becomes Playstation Gumtree.

1 hour ago, WiktorM101 said:

I thought seling or 'trading' anything wasn't allowed in here. Why just not delete this thread before PSN Profiles becomes Playstation Gumtree.

It's allowed.

Trading or sharing accounts is not allowed. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Double negative
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

If he is willing to send you the code first for you to confirm/redeem it. I dont see what the issue is to be reported about. I mean that is what he is saying right? 

5 hours ago, LeakySavings555 said:

Hello!

I have a couple of European 50 EUR codes (Euro currency), and I was wondering if anyone was in need of those and willing to trade 50 USD codes or whatever is the Asian equivalent of that for them. The Asian cards don't need to be HKD, but if you have something else on offer, I'll need to do a little research first and set up a new account. Basically I'm looking for codes I can use to buy games from the Asia region. This could potentially save some money for both parties if you're otherwise used to paying a little more for your foreign PSN cards than they're worth.

Why not just set up a European account and use the codes? 

If I had to guess the codes you have are stolen and you don't want to risk using them on your own playstation, but are hoping to shift them onto someone else in exchange for legit codes