When does non-mission/hidden DP get calculated?

I turned in the first quest which was to just talk to the police woman after activating the terminal for the first time but I only got 5 DP. Now I know I chose the proper option in the opening bit and took the kid along with me and I restarted the slime fight many times so nobody took damage, shouldn't I have 10 DP by now or does everything get piled on at the end of the chapter because I see zero notifications telling me how much DP I got from these. I even checked the quest section and the Rewards for Exploring the Geofront is a "?".

So does the game just not tell you like Cold Steel does for events like these?

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Did you get it? there is more free DP but need to talk with a NPC almost in the end of the chapter.

I got the maximum amount of 41 at the end of the prologue, my only advice is to make constant save states just incase you inadvertently miss something.

The defeat the boss under 32 moves for the bonus DP doesn't count previous attempts, so if you scan him first and then die, the counter resets but you keep the scan data. Same with saving the kids, if you die you can just make another attempt and don't need to reload.

Nightmare mode just seems to be needing a dedicated healer and keeping 200cp before a fight. The Noodles you buy at the harbor while expensive make the last boss of the prologue real easy if you eat them after each time he hits you since they buff your stats by 25% each time.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio