Do you care about obtaining all trophies in a game that doesn't have a platinum trophy?

Drako-play

I don't care if it doesn't have a plat or has unobtainable trophies. I'm not gonna not play a game because i can't get all the trophies, it's just daft imo. Picking a game to play is hard enough as it is, and you will miss out on some great games if you care about having to get all trophies. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 3

The number of plats you have or your trophy level never meant anything, something that is especially true today when a hundred braindead clickers are released every week. I get practically the same satisfaction from 100%-ing a game. The only difference is that you don't get something to put in your trophy cabinet for a 100% completion really.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

The number of plats you have or your trophy level never meant anything

Its on a person to person basis really. You could argue that none of this really matters, its just which way you want to go in this great hobby. 

I personally like to ping the platin. I dont have many 100 percents without a plat and tend to stay away from them which i know i have missed out on some great games but i can live with that

Kinda why ive never took this hobby to xbox because i love the playstations system

Edited by dannyswfc9

Lots of good game without a plat, dont miss them if you are interested to play.  PSN levels are quite meaningless now with ton of shovelware trash plat. If the game is fun or challenging,  I dont mind they dont have a plat. 

For example: Far lone sails, Winkeltje the little shop, Rocky and Pocky, Entwined, Iconoclasts, The Pedestrain, Limbo, Inside, Journey, Overcooked, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light.

Edited by ShadowSkill

Absolutely. As others have said there are plenty of great games without a platinum. Although the platinum doe's have a certain allure so I kind of get it if people wouldn't.  

Now, I haven't played many games that don't have a plat but I'll still go for 100% as at the end of the day the plat is more of a bonus then anything. This also applies to DLC as I care more about the 100% tbh. Although I'm more then happy to wait for DLC to be a price I'm willing to pay then immediately purchase it.  

• Like 2

Yep absolutely, platinum is a just checker to show you got every other trophy, it's nice but not what define the quality of a game or my interest in them, heck even when a game has trophies that are impossible to get if I want to play the game I just play it and collect the trophies that I can get and leave at that.

• Like 1