Do you care about obtaining all trophies in a game that doesn't have a platinum trophy?

Drako-play

I think of a platinum trophy as a bonus that I’ll inevitably receive after completing all trophies anyway. It’s like a small cherry on top of a cake, I don’t really care if it’s there or not as it doesn’t ruin the other layers if I’m without it.

• Like 1

Getting all trophies in a game with platinum and without is the same for me - it's both about getting 100% ?
The platinum trophy doesn't make a difference, it's just a bonus trophy at this point with all the purchasable platinums. I've played a bunch of great games without platinum and it's sad to think people turn a blind eye to some fantastic gems only because one 'special' trophy is missing in comparison to most other games ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlueDragonZero said:

Absolutely. As others have said there are plenty of great games without a platinum. Although the platinum doe's have a certain allure so I kind of get it if people wouldn't.  

Now, I haven't played many games that don't have a plat but I'll still go for 100% as at the end of the day the plat is more of a bonus then anything. This also applies to DLC as I care more about the 100% tbh. Although I'm more then happy to wait for DLC to be a price I'm willing to pay then immediately purchase it.  

I love getting 100 percent in games but either ive lost interest in the game by the time all dlcs have come out/cheap enough or the dlc is too long/hard for it to be worth it. 

Like @DrBloodmoneysaid i do love a S rank but i try to get all my games these days to at least a A rank

• Like 1

I got no problem 100%'ing a game that doesn't have a platinum, but it also depends on if I like the game or not, got 100% on Hitman and Sonic Mania, didn't bother me they didn't have platinums.Completed quite a few that didn't either. Working on Hitman 2 on and off as well.

Edited by Sylvanticore

Yes, I do care and I wish I didn’t! I’ve spent hours and hours trying to 100% games that I don’t enjoy playing because I want to have a higher completion percentage. Whether a game has a plat or not makes no difference. It all contributes to your completion ratio. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

I don't know why people care so much about platinums.

Dunno just do. With or without the shovel shit these days the plat is still worth something for me. I got as giddy with my 200th plat as i did with my 1st. 

Edited by dannyswfc9

Well, I've completed Jet Set Radio 100% and it doesn't got any platinum trophy but one thing is sure that the game is one of my favorites games I played in my childhood and even nowadays it's still enjoyable to play.

So in my opinion, what matters the most is how good the game is and after that I focus on trophies no matter if there's platinum trophy or not. 

Two of my favorite gaming experiences this year involved plat-less games: Inside and Lego Builder's Journey, and it's always rewarding getting all the trophies for a game you enjoyed, regardless of there being a platinum waiting for you at the end or not.

I'm now eyeing two other plat-less games: Broforce (trusting reports that it runs well on PS5) and Little Nightmares (got the season pass for the 100%), and I'll probably even enjoy going for those trophies more, since they'll definitely be a lot more challenging to achieve.

I care more about the plat than 100%, but I'll go for DLC trophies if they seem fun. For example in Horizon Zero Dawn I got all the Frozen Wilds DLC trophies because I was enjoying the game enough to play a whole new area with new quests/weapons/enemies etc. However I did not bother with the 2 NG+ trophies because I can't be bothered to replay the whole entire game for 2 trophies. I'd only replay a game on NG+ for a platinum.

Like others have said, the Platinum trophy itself is just a rubber stamp that says you did everything else (in the base game, at least.) I try to 100% everything, whether it has a Platinum, doesn’t have one and just has 100%, or has a Platinum but then adds DLC/Title Update trophies. Completion is what’s important to me, not the rank of the star at the end of the road (or middle of the road, in case of DLC.)

• Like 2