Servers are currently down

ElevExplorer64

I'm hoping this is a fluke and not an early shutdown, but knowing 2K I would believe either. I'm just over halfway done with Domination so I'd be pretty mad if it turns out I wasted 50+ hours on MyTeam alone. I will mention that 2K20 apparently had server issues around this time last year, so I wouldn't write off this game completely, but if they fix the servers you should probably wrap this game up (provided you have the MyTeam Limited trophies).

• 2 months later...

I was about to continue the myCareer mode few minutes ago but the game is telling me I have to be online to play this mode.

When I try to connect (far right in the menu)  I get an error message.

I did not expect I have to be online to play the myCareer mode to get trophies like "Score 20 points in a MyCAREER NBA game" for example.

I thought I just can't play anything like the myTeam mode or at the Park and all that stuff.

So all my missing trophies of myCareer are gone for me, damn.

15 minutes ago, Ezredzam said:

I was about to continue the myCareer mode few minutes ago but the game is telling me I have to be online to play this mode.

I did not expect I have to be online to play the myCareer mode to get trophies like "Score 20 points in a MyCAREER NBA game" for example.

I thought I just can't play anything like the myTeam mode or at the Park and all that stuff.

They seem to do everything they can to make the game unplayable once servers go down. A while back I tried to re-install NBA 2K18 and the game couldn't launch without a roster update from the servers.

2 hours ago, Ezredzam said:

2 hours ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

They seem to do everything they can to make the game unplayable once servers go down. A while back I tried to re-install NBA 2K18 and the game couldn't launch without a roster update from the servers.

Which trophies are unobtainable, now the servers have closed?

On 1.1.2023 at 8:23 PM, HuntingFever said:

Which trophies are unobtainable, now the servers have closed?

All the myTeam and myCareer trophies (which are a lot), except this was a mistake of 2k at 1.1.2023 when I couldn't play the myCareer mode.

I deleted the game because I was frustrated, so I can't check it right now.

• Like 1