Patch makes it less grindy

HansPatat050

It was originally a 30-40 hour plat, then the racing seasons finished for good which pushed it to around 100+ hours, but with this newest patch it's more like a 25 hour plat. You'll have enough coins to purchase 1 blind box with just a single win now. You'll be able to get the 100,000 coins in fewer than 200 races and because you can now buy blind boxes much more frequently than before that will also in turn massively reduce the grind for gears. Much faster platinum now even without the help of the racing seasons. 

If the grind was putting you off before then I definitely recommend giving the game a go now. It's a very fun game.

• Like 2

I just opened a new forum topic on the estimated platinum time. Because I got the platinum with heavy grinding when the game first came out, I’m not so sure what the correct estimated time should now be following this new update I’m hearing about. 25-30 hours seems more forgiving, but I would like to have more confirmations from other players before I update the guide accordingly. Thanks.

This is fantastic news! I don’t usually get all that excited about racers, but when I saw the gameplay footage of Hotwheels Unleashed I knew immediately I wanted to check it out. But when the guide got updated to 150 hours I checked out man, ain’t nobody have that kinda time to drive in circles. 30-40 hours is a far more reasonable grind and means I’ll definitely be giving this game a shot. Thanks for the news! ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Short question guys can I grind the coins and do all stuff in general solo? I don’t want to play against other players.

thx in advance :)

yes, 525 coins per won race, time of around 1:40 per solo race. 

You do need the MP trophies though and with full lobbies it can be challenging. Add me, I can help you get the wins. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HansPatat050 said:

yes, 525 coins per won race, time of around 1:40 per solo race. 

You do need the MP trophies though and with full lobbies it can be challenging. Add me, I can help you get the wins. 

Awesome thx for the offer will add you and thx 4 the quick reply

Once you've beaten all of the races and time trials, you'll have about another 6-10 hours of grinding left. Depends how lucky you are with the blind boxes. If you get many rare or legendary cars, you'll get the required 25000 gears a lot faster of course. Definitely the last thing you need is 25000 gears.

As mastman429 said a few comments earlier, make sure you upgrade rare vehicles to legendary before dismantling them for gears. It's an extra 100 gears per car if you upgrade them.

• Like 1