Estimated Platinum Time With New Update?

Lil-Gameboy123

I’m hearing news that the latest patch has adjusted the coin payouts by a huge margin. In the forums that I’ve read, one user reported about 525 in single player races and 725 for online races. With these findings as an example, I read in another forum that this would drastically reduce the platinum from 150+ hours to about 25-30 hours. But because I already got the platinum in both versions, I’m not so sure what the correct estimate should be. What are everyone’s thoughts on the estimated platinum time with this new update? This is to help me update the Hot Wheels guide accordingly for the PS Plus availability starting this week.

• Like 4

30 hours seems fair. If a player grinds out coins via singleplayer:

Coins: 525 per won race, 100.000 required for trophies: 100.000 / 525 = approx. 190 races. Let's say each race takes 3 minutes, you'll be looking at 190x3 minutes is approx. 9,5 hours. 

Gears: minimum of 50 gears for each 500 coins (blind box), 25.000 gears required for trophies: 25.000 / 50 = 500 blind boxes. 500 blind boxes costs 500 x 500 = 250.000 coins. 250.000 / 525 per won race x 3 minutes per race = approx. 23,5 hours at max. 

As coins and gears are also won trough the rumble city mode and blind boxes also drop rare/legendaries/super treasure hunt the estimation of 30 hours can be considered as max. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I have decided to change the estimated platinum hours from 150+ hours to 30 hours. Please forgive me if the new estimated hours sounds inaccurate since I’m not so sure.

That's ok dude, 150+ to 30 hrs that's a lot of time saving method already ?..... just dropping my comment to stay in touch with latest follow up on this thread.

6 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

30 hours seems fair. If a player grinds out coins via singleplayer:

Coins: 525 per won race, 100.000 required for trophies: 100.000 / 525 = approx. 190 races. Let's say each race takes 3 minutes, you'll be looking at 190x3 minutes is approx. 9,5 hours. 

Gears: minimum of 50 gears for each 500 coins (blind box), 25.000 gears required for trophies: 25.000 / 50 = 500 blind boxes. 500 blind boxes costs 500 x 500 = 250.000 coins. 250.000 / 525 per won race x 3 minutes per race = approx. 23,5 hours at max. 

As coins and gears are also won trough the rumble city mode and blind boxes also drop rare/legendaries/super treasure hunt the estimation of 30 hours can be considered as max. 

Wow, that’s quite a number crunch you did! Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, psycho_clank314 said:

I was gonna play this game and not worry about the plat, but now I'm pumped to be able to go for it. Glad they adjusted the payouts!

Im guessing the developers have listened to the players who complained about the very low reward payouts. I just wish they would’ve done this either when the game first launched or during the Racing Seasons. It is what it is I guess.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, NZBigC said:

Is there a way to replay races quickly or do you have to go back to the lobby each time?

You can replay races but it won't award you any coins, you've got to actively go back to the menu and then replay that race to get the rewards again. 

• Like 1

21 Hours.

That's how long it took me to get the Platinum according to my PS5 stats.

Probably would have saved around 2 hours if I had done the races in the easiest difficulty and had used shortcuts in all the hardest time-trials.

Took me around 80 races after finishing the campaign to get enough credits to buy blind boxes and get the necessary 25.000 gears.

I did upgrade most of my cars to tier 2 before trading them in for gears though.

Never sold a car for credits, ended up getting the 100.000 coins trophy shortly before the 25.000 gears trophy.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

I platinumed it just now and it says I played it for 21 hours on PS5, same as LastMinuteSavior above me. My experience is pretty much the same as theirs. I boosted the five online wins with one other person, but did everything else solo, including the gears grind. However I would say I needed about 150 races to grind for gears, not 80. I did not count exactly, but that sounds more accurate to me. About 6-9 hours of grinding, depending on how lucky you are with the blind boxes.

Edited by Asimb0mb

So I started this on ps5 on launch but gave up due to the grind. Ps plus came along so I started to play again for fun on ps4 version. Turns out the update made it easier to grind.

so I got the platinum yesterday for ps4 and ps5 platinum today. Needed to do all time trails on both which took about 1/2 hours each. And maybe 3 hours boosting for gears. 
It’s really easy and quite quick now. Find a boosting partner and take it turns one hour each to host the game and force players ready.. you can’t rubber band anymore but find a good track with the speed boosts and you can almost afk. I was watching/listening to podcasts while I boosted gears.