Is this any good?

steel6burgh

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Clean minimalist art style. Quick, responsive - also fairly basic - combat. Some interesting gameplay quirks. But no it's not on the level of a Salt and Sanctuary. Glad I played it and plat wasn't too bad - 2 playthroughs - but it's not at the top of my Metroidvania recommendations. You can wait for a sale.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheArtfulDimond said:

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Clean minimalist art style. Quick, responsive - also fairly basic - combat. Some interesting gameplay quirks. But no it's not on the level of a Salt and Sanctuary. Glad I played it and plat wasn't too bad - 2 playthroughs - but it's not at the top of my Metroidvania recommendations. You can wait for a sale.  

ah ok sound like i'll wait for a sale then.  Thanks for your feedback!

• 11 months later...

I've just gotten started on this indie game and am really enjoying its more simplistic approach to the MV/Soulslike feel to it. The story and concept are a bit out there, but I like originality like this. After enjoying such gorgeous MV like Afterimage (still going through the million items to gather) and Aeterna Noctis (going through a 2nd time, this time on the Normal mode just to see the differences from the crippling platforming of Noctis mode), it's nice to play a simpler, yet thoroughly enjoyable MV. 

Can anyone recommend any others after I finish this one? I've also just started Ender Lilies, so that's on my docket already.

1 hour ago, liquish said:

I've just gotten started on this indie game and am really enjoying its more simplistic approach to the MV/Soulslike feel to it. The story and concept are a bit out there, but I like originality like this. After enjoying such gorgeous MV like Afterimage (still going through the million items to gather) and Aeterna Noctis (going through a 2nd time, this time on the Normal mode just to see the differences from the crippling platforming of Noctis mode), it's nice to play a simpler, yet thoroughly enjoyable MV. 

Can anyone recommend any others after I finish this one? I've also just started Ender Lilies, so that's on my docket already.

Hello fellow Metroidvania fan!  😁

Had a quick look at your profile and noticed you didn't have Hollow Knight-- that's probably what most people will recommend.

My other personal recommendations are Iconoclasts, Rain World, Timespinner, Dark Devotion (similar feel as this game but with roguelike elements) and Lost Epic.

Edit: Forgot to add Momodora and Minoria.

Edited by Way_of_Tomoe

1 hour ago, liquish said:

I'll add a few good ones - I see you've got the Guacamelee games, Arkham Asylum, Dead Cells and Salt and Sanctuary, which are very good...

...but I'd also give a strong recommendation for Dandara, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Returnal, Yoku's Island Express and MonsterBoy and the Cursed Kingdom.