Overwatch 2 Trophies Revealed (Your Thoughts on the new Trophies)

ZEE11W

14 minutes ago, Odion13 said:

I'm gonna say it'll auto pop cause the trophies are tied to the sprays you get when you do the objective. So, if you earned the spray on pc and they're merging all accounts. It should auto pop

Yeah i thought about this too. It should pop but we never know these days

Edit: Some trophies from PS4 to PS5 do appear to autopop.

Went to the Leaderboard of OW2 and one player had one trophy so far—the one for 50 unlocks. That player also has the platinum for OW1.

Another player in the Leaderboard unlocked the cosmetics trophy as well as winning matches on 12 different maps.

Edited by megslushboy

1 minute ago, megslushboy said:

Trophies from PS4 to PS5 do not appear to autopop.

Went to the Leaderboard of OW2 and one player had one trophy so far—the one for 50 unlocks. That player also has the platinum for OW1.

Well, the longest grind at least pops... if true, it is such a bummer to redo the hardest trophies again...

Edited by MaxieM0us3

5 minutes ago, megslushboy said:

Why would it. They have done literally every single other thing possible wrong, ofc autopop won't work either lmao

5 minutes ago, megslushboy said:

No one can even get into the servers yet and Battle.net is down (i.e. what is handling the cross-progression)...Let's wait a bit until things settle down before concluding xD 

29 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Can someone explain how progression will effect the new trophies?  Do I have to purchase a battle pass or grind a lot to unlock specific characters?  In other words are they going to make me pay to get the 100% back?  

Yes and no to the last question.

New heroes for that season can be unlock either free by reaching level 55 in that season or right away by paying for the premium battle pass. After the season ends, they go into the item shop for an undisclosed amount of coins, which would require paying to unlock them.

I was under the impression that they'd be added free for everyone after the season ends but that's not the case now from the looks of things.

So it's either pay to unlock right away or grind the game for a bit. Still then have to do whatever actions are required for the trophies.

17 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

y reaching level 55 in that season

wow sounds like they are really screwing the trophy community especially.  To keep the 100% we gotta pay or grind  alot of rank not just once but every season.  In the end this could add up to a lot more than the price of a game.  I'm curious to see what the price will be after the season to unlock the character more or less?  this season they are giving access to two of the new characters for free but that may not always be the case,  Some seasons they may all cost money to unlock.  either which way whether it be paying to unlock the characters every season or grinding to level 55 for the season battle pass each season, the situation is less than desirable.  Trophy hunters we want to be moving on to the next game not restarting a level 55 grind every season and the money required by the end of this games life cycle could be hundreds.

8 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

wow sounds like they are really screwing the trophy community especially.  To keep the 100% we gotta pay or grind  alot of rank not just once but every season.  In the end this could add up to a lot more than the price of a game.  I'm curious to see what the price will be after the season to unlock the character more or less?  this season they are giving access to two of the new characters for free but that may not always be the case,  Some seasons they may all cost money to unlock.  either which way whether it be paying to unlock the characters every season or grinding to level 55 for the season battle pass each season, the situation is less than desirable.  Trophy hunters we want to be moving on to the next game not restarting a level 55 grind every season and the money required by the end of this games life cycle could be hundreds.

For years developers have been trying to figure out ways to get customers to try their free to play games, and then finding hooks to keep them engaged, to keep playing and spend money.

In an ironic twist of fate achievement and trophy hunters and especially 100% OCD people are actually the best customers for this type of game, I doubt Blizzard even had a second thought about trophy hunters to be honest for this release, but if they did, I can guarantee you they did this on purpose.

Because the online certainly won't be dead if it's full of people trying to get their profiles back to 100% lol

To us it's a dick move, but to Blizzard is simply maximising user engagement targets.

Well, rather than you than me anyway.

23 minutes ago, Joepelus said:

Does this mean the Overwatch 1 (PS4) trophies are still obtainable?

yes I believe so. Because we didn’t get a new game launcher nor a new list for PS4 just an  update for the OG Overwatch that changed it to Overwatch 2 and the new 6 trophies for the new heroes. So I think it still possible. Even though now it’s 5v5 it’s no longer 6v6. There are few trophies that required you to either hit 6 enemies same time or revive 5 teammates without dying (since it was 6 players you had to revive your team) not sure if the trophies requirements will change to implement the new 5v5 or the players count in the game. 

Edited by ZEE11W

14 hours ago, enaysoft said:

For years developers have been trying to figure out ways to get customers to try their free to play games, and then finding hooks to keep them engaged, to keep playing and spend money.

In an ironic twist of fate achievement and trophy hunters and especially 100% OCD people are actually the best customers for this type of game, I doubt Blizzard even had a second thought about trophy hunters to be honest for this release, but if they did, I can guarantee you they did this on purpose.

Because the online certainly won't be dead if it's full of people trying to get their profiles back to 100% lol

To us it's a dick move, but to Blizzard is simply maximising user engagement targets.

Well, rather than you than me anyway.

oh there is no doubt they got us.  Things like this can sometimes be hard to see coming.  Unfortunately for blizzard only a small percentage of people care about 100% trophies so i guess they might have to go back to the drawing board and see how they're going to screw the other 99%.  oh wait they already did that too........... 

Blizzard here released this game in beta and people said is stunk and was basically just the 1st game re-skinned and blizzard decided maybe it wasn't the best idea to try and sell the same people the same game they already own a 2nd time.  So instead they shut down the game people paid for the 1st time and put OW2 for free.  Ready for the fun part because this is where they screwed us?  since they couldn't get away with just selling us the same game twice they figured they would give it to us but lock all the characters we already paid for the 1st time so you can't use them unless you grind for days or pay to unlock them.  Either way we got robbed.

23 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

So it’s better to be 60-70$ for a game

time will tell won't it?  How many characters are going to be releases and how many hours will it take to unlock them?  Is it going to be 20 characters at $10.00 each because if so it's gonna be $200.00.  In which case i would answer you question as yes it would be better to pay $60 or $70.  If it takes 40 hours to unlock one of them than the answer is again, yes i'd rather pay $60 or $70 because in 40 hours I can make a lot more money than that.   Really there aren't too many scenarios I see where i wouldn't rather just buy the game for $60 or $70 unless you just love playing overwatch all the time for the next several years.

1 hour ago, ZEE11W said:

So I tried to play Overwatch 2 on PS4 and it says “In Queue: 599 Players Ahead of You” how players are able to play? Or game’s servers still messy. 

Game is still broken, everyone is struggling.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, ZEE11W said:

yes I believe so. Because we didn’t get a new game launcher nor a new list for PS4 just an  update for the OG Overwatch that changed it to Overwatch 2 and the new 6 trophies for the new heroes. So I think it still possible. Even though now it’s 5v5 it’s no longer 6v6. There are few trophies that required you to either hit 6 enemies same time or revive 5 teammates without dying (since it was 6 players you had to revive your team) not sure if the trophies requirements will change to implement the new 5v5 or the players count in the game. 

All the trophies are still obtainable as they altered a bunch to reflect the new changes. Others they didn't need to as it was still possible in 5 vs 5.

Some got easier as a result and others got harder. For example, Hanzo still has one for getting 4 kills with his ult as that was easier when it was 4/6. Now 4/5 takes more luck, skill or planning.