PlayStation Users May Soon Be Able to Have Other Players Complete Difficult Sections for Them

MonaSaxPayne

7 hours ago, Vergil said:

Isn't that what share play is for?

u can only co-op in SharePlay if the game has a local co-op feature

this seems to allow someone to play co-op with u regardless. which is a bit different from having someone play a section FOR u

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Leave out the baiting, please.
  • Like 2

If this is implemented as that you join someones game in coop ( as extra player), wouldnt that require extra work from developers to implement this?

Or if its pretty much as shareplay then you would still have connection as potential issues in some twitch reactions requiring sections. 

Or would it be that you both require same game and then otherone "sends" his save info to you and after you stop your part, info gets sended back to original gamer (who needed help). 

If last option then it would be safer as you woundnt need to give your account info to other one. 

Hard to think of anything from this with current info.

17 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Objectively speaking. 

You don't understand the point of trophies? (also in real life). 

You are awarded a trophy for DOING something. It's your proof of achievement. 

What is the point of flashing something you DIDN'T do? 

I don't think you understand what im texting (or you choose not to, i don't know). 

I'm not gonna judge someone for doing this. Why would i care? 

I'm talking about the pointlessness of having trophies, if it's not YOUR work it shows off. But you do you :) 

If you find joy in flashing achievements you had no part in, go ahead. But then why don't you just hack trophies? or downright cheat? If you don't care about the work for the trophy, and you have no pride in your EARNED trophies, why even bother with this? Cheating would be much easier....

except that, as far as THIS particular patent looks to be.. it's for allowing someone to play WITH you

by that stretch of the imagination is this the same as cheating or hacking? :blink:

or is it that trophies only have "meaning" if there are only obtainable solo?

multiplayer trophy? not legit cuz the person could have boosted

coop trophy? not legit either, someone could have helped u

solo trophy? still not legit cuz maybe they gave the controller to their big brother

I'm not losing sleep trying to police or decipher how people MAY HAVE earned the trophies they have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

u can only co-op in SharePlay if the game has a local co-op feature

this seems to allow someone to play co-op with u regardless. which is a bit different from having someone play a section FOR u

won't stop the elitist crybabies from whining tho, as evidenced already lol

I don't see why devs don't just make an invincible mode if people can't just beat the game. Like a mode below easy mode. Heck Ninja gaiden 3 has a hero mode. Where you are practically untouchable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Not to get too technical, but surely the metaphor for boosting would be: if Ronaldo, Real Madrid and all 31 other teams agreed to play the the Champions League 32 different times, and each allowed one another to win once, then they would ALL get the trophies? ?

Not really? 

The point of BOOSTING, is (for me), doing something in a dead game, where i have no chance to get the trophies, because there's no one to play against, or, if there's a trophy that is not hard, but just time consuming. 

F.ex, if im playing FIFA, and there's a trophy for PLAYING 200 games. There's no competitive part, only a grind. So instead of having to play someone and being active, i save some time and AFK it against a friend. 

I would agree if you boosted difficult trophies, that i wouldn't be able to do, unless someone boosted with me. 

And that's where Co-op comes into the picture. 

No one is saying that in a team game, i have to be the best player. (much like in football). I can be the support, and someone else is the main player. 

For me to play 200 games, and "waste" my time on a grind, i maximise my time, and spend my playtime on harder trophies. No problem in that. It's a question of being effective. 

But letting someone beat Elden Ring for me, without me even participating, and then flashing the trophies off as my own, that's just stupid and has no point or value :) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

When THIS "PlayStation Users May Soon Be Able to Have Other Players Complete Difficult Sections for Them" is your headline, you can't argue that it would seem like a way for people to let others do trophies FOR them. We can agree on that, right? :) 

LOL 

U got me there. to be fair tho I just copied the headline of the article. Looking at the patent picture tho (obviously I could still be wrong) it looks like there’s 1 path (where u were playing alone), an insertion point, and then 2 paths.. suggesting that someone may be playing alongside u 

Honest question tho.. who are all these players getting trophies through SharePlay and then boasting to others they earned the trophies all by themselves? I’ve never seen this. And how can u tell anyway?

3 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

LOL 

U got me there. to be fair tho I just copied the headline of the article. Looking at the patent picture tho (obviously I could still be wrong) it looks like there’s 1 path (where u were playing alone), an insertion point, and then 2 paths.. suggesting that someone may be playing alongside u 

Honest question tho.. who are all these players getting trophies through SharePlay and then boasting to others they earned the trophies all by themselves? I’ve never seen this. And how can u tell anyway?

Cool, no problem :) 

Thank you for being honest, and admitting to that. 

I'll admit, i DID go pretty fast to the "argue mode", and i could've been better at asking exactly what you meant, or i could've read the article, and not judging by the headline. 

I should have done better :) 

I just see people in "Gaming sessions", searching for people to do trophies for them via shareplay, and i assume they get a kick out of having the trophies, and being on the leaderboards (and on this site in general), in my world, means you want people to see your trophies. We have the "what's your latest trophy"-thread, and i also like to "show off" my new trophies i worked hard for, so i just assumed people also do it :D (i guess the lesson is that there's been a lot of assuming) :D 

So basically it is like a SOS button you press when you are stuck and do not really feel like earning your trophy that day, so you fire the SOS flare, some other player who is currently bored sees it, joins in, takes over your character and does the thing for you, that is what I get from the article, so basically shareplay for people without friends who would remind them of the fact that they have not done it it by themselves.

I think that is a really dumb feature, most games that have something like this still make the player participate in the act itself during multiplayer games, this however sounds like you are just sending out shareplay requests into the ether. The vast majority of games have low difficulty modes for the purpose of easier access to all of the games content, to enable people who naturally suck at the game, people who are physically or mentally disabled in some way, or people who are perfectly capable to do it but just prefer having an easy time, to finish a game they otherwise would not be able or willing to finish. The few games that do not have these low difficulties are games that make overcoming the games challenges a crucial and mandatory part of the game experience, these are simply not for the aforementioned people and that is fine, not every game is made for everyone after all.

However, to enable people to get trophies they have not earned is obviously not something that most trophy hunters will be fans of when it means that hard trophies they have put dozens of practice hours into can now theortically be achieved with 0 practice hours, and even without the achiever having to pay ridiculous sums for it with this feature. Pathetic that it gets labeled as elitism these days to say that a trophy for completing a certain task was not earned, and therefore devalued, when someone just let someone else do it for him, but this is the generation that made participation awards a thing after all so why am I even surprised.

I would not have a problem with it if using it disabled the ability to earn trophies unless you start over completely fresh, though I doubt Sony even gave any consideration to the trophy hunting community to begin with so it will likely just be a free for all.

• Like 2