PlayStation Users May Soon Be Able to Have Other Players Complete Difficult Sections for Them

MonaSaxPayne

15 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Isn't it about having someone else complete difficult sections for them? Now of course idk what the person requesting assistance role in this is, do they do nada or do they participate in some way.

it’s appears to be inviting someone to your game to play WITH you. Not FOR you. You’ll both be playing together 

Just now, MonaSaxPayne said:

it’s appears to be inviting someone to your game to play WITH you. Not FOR you. You’ll both be playing together 

People are gonna be pissed off about that, having to put in some work themselves I bet ? 

2 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

how is this any different from summoning another player/friend to help u with a boss fight in demons souls? U don’t even need SharePlay for that. And I never saw anyone complain about that? Or demon souls plat somehow becoming devalued because of it 

I’m not really sure why you’re quoting me or what your response has to do with what I said above.

The article you posted was sort of using Souls games/Elden Ring’s co-op system as an example of how a system like this might theoretically work across PlayStation to help people get help from other players. And I’m saying it’s hard to imagine it would be any more popular than SharePlay currently is. Seems to me like building something like that would be kinda pointless and a complete waste of Sony’s resources.

The principles of whether or not having someone play games for you is right or wrong and devalues trophies is an entirely different shitstorm of a debate, and I definitely ain’t stickin my foot in that one today lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

The article you posted was sort of using Souls games/Elden Ring’s co-op system as an example of how a system like this might theoretically work across PlayStation to help people get help from other players. And I’m saying it’s hard to imagine it would be any more popular than SharePlay currently is. 

Ah my bad I understand lol. I agree with ur last statement tho 

Eh don't care for this really, but I am generally curious how they will choose the helpers? Because I mean it's you either get a helper that legitimately knows what to do or you get one that's utter crap.

Then how you set up getting help too. Because I mean share play works for someone I guess if you have then on your friendslist. But this one I imagine is just a complete rando and that might mean you have to hope your both online when you put the request in for help.

Devils advocate 

Someone has played 99% of Rayman Legends, a beast of a game. But can’t tolerate the 8bit levels due to epilepsy. Do they not deserve the plat then if someone does that section for them? They’ve spent half a year on the game, doing challenges every day.. but because they can’t do those certain levels they don’t deserve the platinum due to a medical condition?

Or an old arthritic gamer gets through 99% of a game but can’t beat the last boss because of the button bashing and their fingers can’t take it. Do they not deserve the platinum? 

I think this feature being implemented could enhance certain gamers experiences. I’m sure it will be abused by lazy gamers also, but who cares! 

Personally it makes me feel weird someone earning trophies for me. But I can see how it would be beneficial to some people. I might consider it when I’m older and my hands don’t work like they used to before ??

• Like 2

if they could just make it so that playing coop with someone unlocks the trophies for both people i'd be happy but for this don't really care i like to complete a game myself, if i'm stuck it could take a while but i'll eventually do it myself. 
Also with the garbage that's pumped out daily this doesn't make much difference tbh.

Edited by Leenewbe

12 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

You are awarded a trophy for DOING something. It's your proof of achievement. 

What is the point of flashing something you DIDN'T do? 

People don't get it and they never will.  I always uses the analogy with Golf.  I can go out and play a round of Golf by myself and go in the clubhouse after it's over and tell everyone I shot even par when in actually I kicked a ball out of the sand trap and took 5 mulligans and didn't count the two shots out of bounds.   At the end of the day I know what the score was, telling everyone a bunch of bullshit changes nothing.  If people want to do that with their achievements let them, they know what the score is and in the end what they know is all that matters.

Keep in mind also some people are collecting trophy tiles.  they could care less about challenge or achievement to them it's like a baseball card collection.  To have someone do something for them means nothing they just want it for their collection, not to flash around.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

As to whether it is right or wrong, I'm not going to go there. But there's no way I will use it.

To me, successfully doing whatever it takes to get the trophy is worth more than the trophy itself. Letting someone earn the trophy for me would totally strip it of any value. If I don't earn it myself, I don't want it. Similarly, it wouldn't feel right for me to earn a trophy for someone else.

• Like 1

Either i can do the trophy or just let it be. No point for letting someone else do the work. Also that's why i hate boosting since it doesn't feel like "achieving" the trophy. 

Still hate the fact that i got hacked or something and somehow a trophy got unlocked even tough i wasn't online at all. So there always will be that one trophy that i haven't earned myself (even though it was something pretty simple). So really can't understand people letting somebody else earn the trophys for them. 

9 hours ago, Aviditas90 said:

Either i can do the trophy or just let it be. No point for letting someone else do the work. Also that's why i hate boosting since it doesn't feel like "achieving" the trophy. 

Still hate the fact that i got hacked or something and somehow a trophy got unlocked even tough i wasn't online at all. So there always will be that one trophy that i haven't earned myself (even though it was something pretty simple). So really can't understand people letting somebody else earn the trophys for them. 

Sometimes boosting is the only way :)

Older games have online modes that are so dead, that you are unable to get the trophies, unless you boost.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

No worries, I doubt you have to make use of this new option. It probably wont happen any time soon that you aren't able to press "X" 1000 times for your newest plat. 

Oh I’m sorry my profile offends you. Maybe don’t perve on it. 

Id like to see you find the time to play bigger games with 3 kids, 2 of which are disabled and the third has been in hospital FOUR times in the last 3 weeks. I’d also like to see what you can play efficiently on remote play whilst looking after everybody. Regardless of my circumstances, those games get me closer to my personal goal and they give me something to concentrate on instead of sat there constantly worrying. So go spout your venom elsewhere dude. 

I don’t go on to your profile and start bitching about your games. Does it make you feel like a big man being horrible to people online? Congratulations on being toxic and gross ??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

So the people unable to do the trophy Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight are having the day here. Cheating by allowing someone else to do the work for them. 

If you can’t get said trophy due to lack of skill, then you don’t deserve to earn it on your profile. Period. 

I don’t deserve to finish Challenge 6 in Vanquish if I didn’t have the skills and commitment to finish it, I don’t want somebody to finish Mein Leben for me in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus if I’m unable to finish it myself.

This participation award generation is pathetic. I shouldn’t be surprised considering that Millennials are now in control of the narrative of the video game industry. The generation that was handed awards just for participation at grade school back in the 90’s and the 2000’s. 

Some of you trophy hunters wouldn’t last long in the 2008 - 2012 era of trophy hunting. You know, when you had to go out of your way to earn a lot of platinums. 

The gap between the OG trophy hunters and the “whores” that only started when Ratalaika starting publishing their games on PSN is pretty telling. Then they have the gall to completely double down and insult others when someone says they play too many easy games. 

No, you’re just wanting your dopamine hits, which is what modern social media is in a nutshell.

I agree with 99% of this but I'm a millennial and that's not true in my experience. Gen Z is the generation that wants everything for nothing.

4 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I agree with 99% of this but I'm a millennial and that's not true in my experience. Gen Z is the generation that wants everything for nothing.

I grew up in the 90's and the early - mid 2000's so I know this from first hand experience. A lot of us are utter narcissists on Instagram and Twitter, to name a couple social media websites. Gen Z just picked up where Millennials left off, who are even more at a disadvantage due to insane housing prices and unable to find any decent jobs that don't require $100,000 worth of college tuition.

• Like 3

Sounds like Shareplay with extra steps. Either this ends up locked behind a paywall or there's more to it than what Shareplay does. Just remember guys, one guy got his Destiny characters deleted via Shareplay by another player. So I don't know if Sony is putting in systems to streamline it and to prevent something like that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Devils advocate 

Someone has played 99% of Rayman Legends, a beast of a game. But can’t tolerate the 8bit levels due to epilepsy. Do they not deserve the plat then if someone does that section for them? They’ve spent half a year on the game, doing challenges every day.. but because they can’t do those certain levels they don’t deserve the platinum due to a medical condition?

Or an old arthritic gamer gets through 99% of a game but can’t beat the last boss because of the button bashing and their fingers can’t take it. Do they not deserve the platinum? 

I think this feature being implemented could enhance certain gamers experiences. I’m sure it will be abused by lazy gamers also, but who cares! 

Personally it makes me feel weird someone earning trophies for me. But I can see how it would be beneficial to some people. I might consider it when I’m older and my hands don’t work like they used to before ??

100% this ^^^

I have a friend who had a stroke and is paralysed down the right side of his body. He plays games entirely one-handed, with his left hand. He loves gaming, it is what has kept him going.

More accessibility options are a good thing. Features like this means if he gets half way through a game and gets stuck on something, he would be able to get help to continue playing, and he could then go on to finish the game.

With games being so story-driven these days, gettings stuck and not being able to finish a game would be like being asked to leave the cinema and never seeing the end of a movie.

Accessibility and inclusion is more important than trophy hunting.

• Like 2