PlayStation Users May Soon Be Able to Have Other Players Complete Difficult Sections for Them

MonaSaxPayne

12 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

I agree, someone in that situation should have a service where another player can jump into their game online and help them out. Rather than them need someone to physically be there.

But that service doesn't have to include trophies.

I wouldn't want any player to earn one for me & I don't think anyone should be able to have a platinum showing on a trophy leaderboard that they didn't earn themselves.

I agree with that. Its possible this feature might disable trophies when used. I know when I play The Sims 4 I have the option of playing with or without mods/cheats, but using them will disable the ability to earn trophies.

I know this feature is different to a mod, and its kinda comparing apples to oranges, but my point is that Sony does have the ability to disable trophies in some circumstances. So maybe this will be one of them?

Either way, I still think it sounds like a promising accessibility option for those who genuinely need assistance. 

Nothing wrong with having another player complete a tough section for you if they are willing to help, but it's up to the developers to disable certain trophies if the player gets help. Like using a cheat code, if a disclaimer comes up saying certain trophies will be blocked on this save file, then it's fine. I'm sure many casual players will use it. It's just up to how much the developers care about implementing those features.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Yeah there's obviously a ton of variables. Helping people with information, tips, guides... But the act of physically holding the controller and earning the trophy yourself should be the satisfaction your looking for. Not the bragging rights of I have X platinum on my profile.

Amen ?

• Like 2

I've said before, but I like this idea. People buying Dark Souls, and then asking for help to get past the Capra Demon, or the Four Kings, is perfectly delightful to me, since you can get locked down pretty easily.

But then again, I'll never use it. Some people say it's like SharePlay...which I've also never used.

In the end, I share the cynicism of others that this will likely be locked to PS+ as another (not necessarily useless, but mostly unused) feature to inflate or justify price.

5 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Oh I’m sorry my profile offends you. Maybe don’t perve on it. 

Id like to see you find the time to play bigger games with 3 kids, 2 of which are disabled and the third has been in hospital FOUR times in the last 3 weeks. I’d also like to see what you can play efficiently on remote play whilst looking after everybody. Regardless of my circumstances, those games get me closer to my personal goal and they give me something to concentrate on instead of sat there constantly worrying. So go spout your venom elsewhere dude. 

I don’t go on to your profile and start bitching about your games. Does it make you feel like a big man being horrible to people online? Congratulations on being toxic and gross ??

u really shouldn't feel obligated to divulge your personal struggles to justify what u play

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Less baiting please
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I grew up in the 90's and the early - mid 2000's so I know this from first hand experience. A lot of us are utter narcissists on Instagram and Twitter, to name a couple social media websites. Gen Z just picked up where Millennials left off, who are even more at a disadvantage due to insane housing prices and unable to find any decent jobs that don't require $100,000 worth of college tuition.

You grew up in the 90’s? No way!
204601d3f54fa83b92c8dc0b5436739d.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I tend to agree in principle, but really, it's immaterial, as the leaderboards (and the site, for that matter) ranks accounts, not people. :dunno:

There's already team accounts, shared accounts etc, there's boosting / self-boosting where folks are handing themselves or each other trophies, there's been SharePlay for years... 

....and even before that, there's never been any way to distinguish if someone did a trophy themselves, or handed the controller off to someone else. 

Not to mention the fact that - for all the other stats this site calculates, and folks use as comparative metrics (completion rate/ average rarity etc.) - folks have been using Burner accounts and Alts, or restarting profiles etc for years, to maintain the "sanctity" of their public profile.

In the end, trophies are worth what you make of them...

...and - as with any broad rule-set where competitive metrics (or the mere option of competitive metrics) is involved - loopholes, work-arounds and obfuscations are like water on concrete - they find every crack and crevice. ?

All of the top trophy hunters are essentially team accounts. Hakoom, Roughdawg4, etc. 

12 - 15 hours a day must be put into EZPZs to compete on the leaderboards. Otherwise you don’t have a chance. 

The PS3 leaderboards, while it has its cheaters too, is at least more valid than the Vita/PS4/PS5 leaderboards, all of which are infested with endless stacks of shovelware. 

8 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Nothing wrong with having another player complete a tough section for you if they are willing to help, but it's up to the developers to disable certain trophies if the player gets help. Like using a cheat code, if a disclaimer comes up saying certain trophies will be blocked on this save file, then it's fine. I'm sure many casual players will use it. It's just up to how much the developers care about implementing those features.

This is essentially passing a controller to your friend like we used to do in the old days. 

I don’t want this system to trivialize trophies even more. We already got plenty that make them easy anyway. 

8 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I've said before, but I like this idea. People buying Dark Souls, and then asking for help to get past the Capra Demon, or the Four Kings, is perfectly delightful to me, since you can get locked down pretty easily.

But then again, I'll never use it. Some people say it's like SharePlay...which I've also never used.

In the end, I share the cynicism of others that this will likely be locked to PS+ as another (not necessarily useless, but mostly unused) feature to inflate or justify price.

You can summon online players to help you defeat bosses and you can skip the grind of the weapons by having someone drop them for you. 

I wouldn’t mind if this feature was locked behind PS+. Not that I’d use it because I wouldn’t, but that would filter out some people from using it themselves. 

8 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I'm going to treasure my PS3 trophies even more.

Same here.

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

You grew up in the 90’s? No way!
204601d3f54fa83b92c8dc0b5436739d.jpeg

Hilarious. 

• Like 1

I dont know how has been the experience with shareplay, but I dont think that you can do something that requires a lot of precision or timing using this kind of remote control, I remember having some difficulties keeping my combo up on batman arkham knight using my Vita to play remotely from my PS4 in the next room... So I cant imagine with more lag doing somethink like 1 frame combos for trophies on fighting games... or no death runs on SMB... maybe it could be better than my experience but I dont think this could be used for something really worth it in terms of trophies... 

I doubt someone will use it to hold a button on a 1 min plat game...

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

I swear, this entire community are hypocrites, I was there when people were losing their shit over the Fall guys Infallible trophy and the Wolfenstein The New Colossus Mein Leben trophy on how difficult it was

Edited by wackt1

52 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

I swear, this entire community are hypocrites, I was there when people were losing their shit over the Fall guys Infallible trophy and the Wolfenstein The New Colossus Mein Leben trophy on how difficult it was

Sooo, venting over a hard trophy, you're ACTIVELY WORKING FOR, is the same as crying like a baby, and letting OTHERS obtain the trophies FOR YOU?

Alright. Good to know :D 

4 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Sooo, venting over a hard trophy, you're ACTIVELY WORKING FOR, is the same as crying like a baby, and letting OTHERS obtain the trophies FOR YOU?

Alright. Good to know :D 

Your baby avatar is pretty self explanatory.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

All of the top trophy hunters are essentially team accounts. Hakoom, Roughdawg4, etc. 

12 - 15 hours a day must be put into EZPZs to compete on the leaderboards. Otherwise you don’t have a chance. 

The PS3 leaderboards, while it has its cheaters too, is at least more valid than the Vita/PS4/PS5 leaderboards, all of which are infested with endless stacks of shovelware. 

This is essentially passing a controller to your friend like we used to do in the old days. 

I don’t want this system to trivialize trophies even more. We already got plenty that make them easy anyway. 

You can summon online players to help you defeat bosses and you can skip the grind of the weapons by having someone drop them for you. 

I wouldn’t mind if this feature was locked behind PS+. Not that I’d use it because I wouldn’t, but that would filter out some people from using it themselves. 

Same here.

Hilarious. 

I’m glad you found humor in that joke because I certainly did!