PSN Extra - what happens when games leave the service?

wajbsb

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

So currently I have PS Plus Essential, I've been thinking about upgrading to Extra.

I already have a game backlog, so I'm kind of in 2 minds about it. One of the things that concerns me, is what happens if/when a particular game is rotated out of the service - especially with longer games eg Yakuza/RDR/Star Ocean etc.

I know that I wouldn't still have access to the game, if it leaves the service, but what would happen to my save/s? Would I be able to buy the game separately if I hadn't completed it and continue from where I left off? Or would my saves be incompatible and I'd have to start from scratch? Also, do you get a discount on the game if you've played it on Extra in the same sort of way as Xbox GamePass (I believe?)

15 minutes ago, wajbsb said:

Would I be able to buy the game separately if I hadn't completed it and continue from where I left off?

Yes. Only possible problem would be with some physical versions of games. As long as you buy digital from the same PS store region, you'll have no problems.

18 minutes ago, wajbsb said:

Also, do you get a discount on the game if you've played it on Extra?

No.

But, I've noticed that a lot of games on the service get added to sales, sometimes with big discounts. It's mostly a matter of waiting for it to happen.

Furthermore, don't worry too much about this. Only a handful of games have been removed so far, no reason to think that would change anytime soon.

• Like 1