Playing after server shutdown.

Hi all, as we know the servers were shut down for TCGRFS yesterday. This title (Just like Need for Speed, The Run) instigates an online check in to start the game. If you just try to play normally you will get stuck in and endless loop of the game trying to connect to the server. Just like NFS The Run, the solution is to disconnect from the internet, so the login attempt fails and you are allowed to proceed. You can reconnect as soon as you are in the menu. Now there is some good news and bad news.

I tested this on Xbox 360, and everything appears to be 100% functional. Co op, SP, even MP. PS3 isn't so lucky. On Xbox, having the uplay passport installed is enough for the game to say OK, full access. On PS3 you need to actually be connected to Uplay, which is what was completely shut down. So this is what it looks like to me. 

Almost all DLC available (My Gamestop map from the deluxe edition is gone, all paid DLC is there). 

Campaign. Solo, fine. local co-op only

Guerilla- Local/offline only. 

Online- Public matchmaking works (I was able to match up on Xbox with a dummy, but couldn't test on PS3 since I can't do the new verification process with my dummy...thats a whole other rant) but it seems like it should work just fine (Well, as fine as the shitty matchmaking is)

However, without uplay connected, you can't progress past level 5, or do challenges. It's funny because I have a level 5 cap, but all my characters are still their pre-shutdown levels (20+) I did redownload the uplay passport, and it made no difference. All DLC maps are available if you own them.

Now I only tested this for a few min on PSN, and I didn't have a dummy to test with, so maybe someone here will have different results. But from what it looks like to me the following trophies are toast.

High Speed, Low Drag (Level 50)

Anything you can do

I can do better

Cross Trained

Possible if you have the appropriate levels already, otherwise toast. 

Armorer

Mod Pro (even with removals you I believe you need to get to level 7 w/ each class)

Unknown- (Not sure what level you need to be to have enough, but I think they may be toast unless you are a bit higher level)

Tuned Up

Kitted Out 

I believe the rest are attainable, but it's been like a decade since I've played. There may be unlock req's I've missed.

Please feel free to add anything else you may find, or if you've had different results than me. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Are the servers confirmed closed for this game? I ask, because Rayman 3 and ACB are still up and running.

Yes (and no). This was what I just confirmed. It all has to do with the type of connection req'd. I haven't tested Blacklist on PS3 since I had to run off to work, but it's 100% down on PC. A couple of the other AC games are down according to others here. 

You can still play online (limited), but you need to do what I mentioned above. If you don't you won't get past the loading screen. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Has there been any confirmation as to exactly which trophies are still possible post-server closure?

No, because you need 8 people/accounts to test it out. I'd be willing (I actually still need one of the map trophies which *should* still be obtainable), as well as a couple others, but I'm only 1 person/account. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, bresttest said:

Yesterday I also observed problems on the server of this game. But this coincided with the fact that my PS4 was disconnected from the Internet. By the time I solved this problem, it was already night, and in the morning all the games were working normally on my console.

Your PS4?

• 8 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 11:08 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

No, because you need 8 people/accounts to test it out. I'd be willing (I actually still need one of the map trophies which *should* still be obtainable), as well as a couple others, but I'm only 1 person/account. 

im joining a session soon for this game, if we get the 8 players in and start the match i can share the results if its still platinable

14 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

im joining a session soon for this game, if we get the 8 players in and start the match i can share the results if its still platinable

Well, it should work in it's current state. I posted this the day after the shutdown so it was in reference to the state of the servers at that time. Now maybe I can play my gamestop map again, lol.

Edit: If I have time I may check out sessions if they pop up. I have a few I would still like to get. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1