The online part of this game is still active?

Hello I would like to start boosting this game with a friend, I just wanted to know if the servers are still active to start doing it in the next few days. I have read that they have closed their online part on some website but I am not sure since I don't have the game.

Edited by Ruben-Ocampo

13 hours ago, Ruben-Ocampo said:

Hello, I would like to start boosting this game with a friend, I just wanted to know if the servers are still active to start doing it in the next few days. Hello I would like to start boosting this game with a friend, I just wanted to know if the servers are still active to start doing it in the next few days. I have read that they have closed their online part on some website but I am not sure since I don't have the game.

I can confirm on my end that the Ranked servers on both Xbox and PlayStation have closed BUT you can still get trophies and achievements using the Verses multiplayer.

Extra controllers can be used here for split screen or shared mech fights & trophies so I’m guessing maybe all the online matches could be a split screen experience. I’ll try it on a spare account later.

I would like to say the Elevated Look trophy (unlock all skins for one character) - is locked behind there being dlc characters. For my JP copy I needed the disc since I didn’t download the dlc on JP store in time. If you don’t have the dlc digitally, ya likely will need the disc.

also some of these trophies for unlocking skins may not pop until closing the game and loading it back up.

Edited by MATTKBAN

25 minutes ago, Ruben-Ocampo said:

Perfect good to know that platinum is still achievable. I have 2 copies of the disc,.I don´t have the DLCs, but you say with the disc Elevated Look is achievable right? @MATTKBAN

There is a physical Complete Edition (I forget what it's called) with all the DLC included on the Disc so if you get that, you don't have to play offline without the patch installed :).

30 minutes ago, Ruben-Ocampo said:

Perfect good to know that platinum is still achievable. I have 2 copies of the disc,.I don´t have the DLCs, but you say with the disc Elevated Look is achievable right? @MATTKBAN

Correct! And apparently the JP disc has the dlc included. I can’t read the cover art but it looks very plain and different than the other regions physical boxart that mentions the DLC is included.

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There is a physical Complete Edition (I forget what it's called) with all the DLC included on the Disc so if you get that, you don't have to play offline without the patch installed :).

Super Charged Mega Edition.

adding onto the ‘Elevated Look’ part of the conversation - the dlc pack gave each of the 12 base characters one extra skin as well as 4 new mechs. This is unlocked for no in-game credit cost with the disc version. A digital copy of the game shows these skins locked in the selection menu under each mech. That lock symbol is why the trophy won’t pop - sounds like it was an oversight to have dlc affect base game trophies.

Forget if it’s here or TrueAchievements but a good boost for in-game creds to purchase skins is do 1v3 hard AI in verses, low health options and let them win. Takes under a minute a match. A small grind but you can multitask and just press X to rematch after each round end.

Edited by MATTKBAN
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

Super Charged Mega Edition.

adding onto the ‘Elevated Look’ part of the conversation - the dlc pack gave each of the 12 base characters one extra skin as well as 4 new mechs. This is unlocked for no in-game credit cost with the disc version. A digital copy of the game shows these skins locked in the selection menu under each mech. That lock symbol is why the trophy won’t pop - sounds like it was an oversight to have dlc affect base game trophies.

Forget if it’s here or TrueAchievements but a good boost for in-game creds to purchase skins is do 1v3 hard AI in verses, low health options and let them win. Takes under a minute a match. A small grind but you can multitask and just press X to rematch after each round end.

This forum has a way faster method to get in game credits if you have 2 controllers.

Edited by lordzeze

3 hours ago, lordzeze said:

This forum has a way faster method to get in game credits if you have 2 controllers.

I see that now, thanks! Will do that for my NA version.

did some testing now - at least one online friend needs to be invited to a verses lobby for trophies to pop. Makes sense as it then “creates session” shown in the top right making it different than local splitscreen. If one splitscreen player is there, didn’t matter what team they were on, it wouldn’t award the trophy for winning a match with an ultimate ability. This might be the case with other “winning” match trophies except the shared mech ‘Synchronized’ trophy. Character specific trophies within a match shouldn’t be affect - ‘You just activated my trap card’ popped when settings bear traps against my splitscreen user while teamed up online with my other console. Just be safe and do 1v1 online matches with a friend or spare console.

You can also get the platinum with digital version of the game and without DLC ^^ (dont go buy a disk version for nothing ! :D)

I have made a tutorial on the server shutdown forum, but if needed i can make a new thread here to help ;)

Just made a new topic on how to get all skins trophy with digital game and without DLC :

Platinum on digital version without DLC - Override: Mech City Brawl - PSNProfiles

:) 

Edited by seblegamer