Autopop discussion

This is the president of Blizzard. Guess the games fucked for a while. 

Edit: As I was posting this, my game actually connected. 4th attempt and I'm in. 

Edit 2: I bought the watchpoint pack weeks ago, but don't have the battle pass.. Hmm. 

Edited by Riiszk

I got in, but nothing popped. I even played an unranked match and won, but again, nothing popped.

This person at least managed to autopop 3 of the grindy trophies, so some autopop is clearly possible: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/18529-overwatch-2/FRANVILLA_JAVI?order=date

My career stats are completely reset, and it shows I don't have any skins/unlocks. I don't think this is the intended outcome, so I guess I'm waiting for a fix

4 minutes ago, hore said:

I got in, but nothing popped. I even played an unranked match and won, but again, nothing popped.

This person at least managed to autopop 3 of the grindy trophies, so some autopop is clearly possible: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/18529-overwatch-2/FRANVILLA_JAVI?order=date

My career stats are completely reset, and it shows I don't have any skins/unlocks. I don't think this is the intended outcome, so I guess I'm waiting for a fix

Ill wait for a fix and if auto pop happens later ill auto pop when I get my copy again

26 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

This is the president of Blizzard. Guess the games fucked for a while. 

Edit: As I was posting this, my game actually connected. 4th attempt and I'm in. 

Edit 2: I bought the watchpoint pack weeks ago, but don't have the battle pass.. Hmm. 

Yeah the watchpoint pack didn't pop for me either!

• Like 1

Battle.net is really unstable right now (i,e, what the cross-progression is based on) and they have confirmed those who have linked PC/Console cannot login...

Best to wait until things settle down, yeah. 

List of known issues:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-known-issues-october-4-2022/694774

• Like 2

What a mess... All this merge account is broken and for nothing, I have 0 credits transferred and no trophy pop from stats (PS4, I have more than 100 wins from PC).

Well, if you have the same profile in PS4/PS5 then trophies should transfer too in my opinion, like in Destiny 2 or Fortnite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zingoman06 said:

Really hoping these trophies auto-pop, some of those multi-kill trophies seem like they'll be much more difficult with this game reducing the amount of enemies on the battlefield by one. Maybe I will even get lucky and unlock some trophies that I got as Xbox achievements through the account merge feature, though I have my doubts.

Not only that, but many abilities were nerfed too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

new heroes that get added will be locked behind the Battle Pass progression

wait a minute... if you have to unlock heroes through a battle pass, does that mean that trophies can become missable? I assume that this battle pass will work like in other games where all the items inside are exclusive to a season and if you don't make it to the thing you want, you lose it forever. Could that be a possibility or will there be ways to bypass this? like unlocking heroes with coins earned by playing?

I hope that there won't end up being missable shit, that'd be so dumb but Blizzard would be the people to do it. Although they have in the past made sure that there are no missable trophies by patching them as they changed hero's abilities.

7 hours ago, z_mateusz said:

What a mess... All this merge account is broken and for nothing, I have 0 credits transferred and no trophy pop from stats (PS4, I have more than 100 wins from PC).

Well, if you have the same profile in PS4/PS5 then trophies should transfer too in my opinion, like in Destiny 2 or Fortnite.

I'm sure it should work like those with auto-pop. I loaded the PC version, and it recognized my PS4 progress and auto-popped the Blizzard achievements. Tomorrow I plan to load up on Xbox and see if that auto-pops. This could be another trophy issue limited to PSN like Fall Guys, or maybe the servers are so backed up. Hopefully it won't take months/years to resolve.

6 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

wait a minute... if you have to unlock heroes through a battle pass, does that mean that trophies can become missable? I assume that this battle pass will work like in other games where all the items inside are exclusive to a season and if you don't make it to the thing you want, you lose it forever. Could that be a possibility or will there be ways to bypass this? like unlocking heroes with coins earned by playing?

I hope that there won't end up being missable shit, that'd be so dumb but Blizzard would be the people to do it. Although they have in the past made sure that there are no missable trophies by patching them as they changed hero's abilities.

Either you grind to get the newest heroes at tier 55 out of 80 in the free battle pass, or you pay upfront the battle pass to get them instantly. If you wait after the season, they plan so that you unlock them through hero challenges.

It’s basically either grind, pay directly, or wait.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

26 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Typical PSNP to be talking more about autopopping than the new game itself ?

Typical Will adding nothing to a discussion but to make a smart remark ?

Nah in all seriousness, I think it's a fair discussion given the mess Blizzard have made of the trophy lists.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Either you grind to get the newest heroes at tier 55 out of 80 in the free battle pass, or you pay upfront the battle pass to get them instantly. If you wait after the season, they plan so that you unlock them through hero challenges.

It’s basically either grind, pay directly, or wait.

At least it won't be unobtainable...

5 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Typical PSNP to be talking more about autopopping than the new game itself 1f602.png

... you're literally coming to the thread specifically about that topic and complaining that people are "only" talking about this?  You are not smart lol.  How do you know everyone here isn't discussing the game itself like, ya know, literally anywhere else?

• Like 4