Autopop discussion

I managed to get in and play a bit yesterday so i'll share my experience trophy-wise.

After 1 win in unranked both the "100 wins" and "win on 12 different maps" trophies popped.

No character trophies popped, even when done partially like with Mercy's "resurrect 5 heroes without dying".

"complete 50 challenges" popped after a damage game where i had top damage, even though i've only completed 14 of the battlepass challenges, so it may still count as medals.

in regards to "50 unlocks for a single hero" it appears that some unlocks weren't properly showing as owned, and i had to buy my way back up to 50 with leftover credits from OW1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chettlar said:

... you're literally coming to the thread specifically about that topic and complaining that people are "only" talking about this?  You are not smart lol.  How do you know everyone here isn't discussing the game itself like, ya know, literally anywhere else?

Sarcasm, my dear friend...

57 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

it's almost like this is a website for trophy hunting 

...like this 

Edited by willmill97

Finally was able to get in on Ps5 and the only trophies that auto-popped for me were Decked Out and Decorated. Even after winning a few matches on various maps, none of the victory trophies have popped for me. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to say that these trophies may be bugged, as I completed the necessary requirements for Kiriko's Yokai trophy last match and did not receive a trophy for it. I guess it's too soon to say anything definitive about trophies relating to this massively unstable game.

Edit: I was able to play the game for a pretty stable 4-ish hours last night and I was achieving trophies as if I had not got them before, such as Can't Touch This and Shutout, so if there is any autopopping it certainly doesn't seem consistent at this point. No 100 Wins trophy, no Friend Zone trophy, and no Endorsements trophy even though I have done them in the previous game and even some last night in this game. I am also now Battle Pass level 10 and did not unlock the Level 10 achievement so maybe you need to level up that many times to get it (start at level 1, level up 10 times, trophy pops at level 11). I did get a few hero trophies as well, and it's sorta funny in that frustrating way to see all of my cute and pixel sprays in my collection that say in their description are unlocked after getting the hero achievement while simultaneously not having said trophies in my Ps5 collection. If I have to start from scratch, so be it, but it is a bit disappointing considering how much more difficult most hero achievements will be with the removal of one player from each team.

Edited by Zingoman06
further clarification

14 minutes ago, Eeda said:

So my conclusion by reading these comments, there is no autopop? 

yeah no auto pop. Only maybe 3 trophies might pop 50 items 100 wins and wins in every map. From what others have said even after meeting the requirements trophies won’t trigger. It probably because trophies already earned on PS4 and since everything is saved server side nothing unlocked. Hopefully they either fix the trophies and auto pop them since we already got them on PS4 or fix them so we can earn them again. But please not like fall guys dilemma no fix no trophies can be earned if you previously got them on PS4. Or even after meeting the requirements. We just need to wait and see what’s happening with blizzard overwatch 2 servers  

Edited by ZEE11W

Hey guys, I recently got the new dlc heroes done on ps4 version and it’s now at 100%. From loading the ps5 version for the first time Decorated and Decked Out trophies popped for me. However I’ve played a few games and won some and world traveller or centenary haven’t popped along with the friend zone. (I think friend zone is bugged but not sure about the other two) does anyone know if I have to meet the requirement for centenary and world traveller again? I’m also battle pass level 27 atm and I haven’t had the related trophies pop yet, I’m hoping when I get to 50 they will all pop but not sure. 

Thanks in advance  

18 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

I submitted a support request to Blizzard last week about the trophies auto-popping. They finally responded, and have escalated my ticket to the development team. They did say that the trophies should automatically transfer from PS4 to PS5. The status of the ticket is not marked as resolved so maybe I'll hear back.

This is actually really good news. Hopefully this gets fixed once they get the game in a stable state.

3 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

I submitted a support request to Blizzard last week about the trophies auto-popping. They finally responded, and have escalated my ticket to the development team. They did say that the trophies should automatically transfer from PS4 to PS5. The status of the ticket is not marked as resolved so maybe I'll hear back.

Sigh....

4 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

I'll be pessimistic and say that they probably thought that you meant the in-game achievements when you said "trophies". ?

On 10/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, shlomaniac said:

There is no way I'm getting the zen 4 assists trophy ever again. Last time i did that was in 2017 when i got the ow1 plat ?

I can confirm, it's no longer bugged for assists only. Discord kills count for it now as it should. Mine popped with only 4 kills.

Edited by PeaceAndCarats

While passing by, I was just wondering if "Huge Rez" is even possible nowadays. The updated trophy description says Resurrect 5 people in one ultimate but how do you do this with just 4 allies ?

What's strange is, they change the Winston trophy to 5 instead of 6 enemies hit, but they didn't seem to change Mercy's trophy (or at least its description). Well I dont really care since I play OW on pc or on a dummy account on ps5 but still I think some trophies are way harder (or might impossible in this case) with "just" 5 enemies in the game and the one about owning 50 items is impossible without spending your retirement fund with their new shitty battlepass.

For once, this might be the ONLY time I would have supported the autopop thingy since the requirements have drastically change with this new game update.

3 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

While passing by, I was just wondering if "Huge Rez" is even possible nowadays. The updated trophy description says Resurrect 5 people in one ultimate but how do you do this with just 4 allies ?

What's strange is, they change the Winston trophy to 5 instead of 6 enemies hit, but they didn't seem to change Mercy's trophy (or at least its description). Well I dont really care since I play OW on pc or on a dummy account on ps5 but still I think some trophies are way harder (or might impossible in this case) with "just" 5 enemies in the game and the one about owning 50 items is impossible without spending your retirement fund with their new shitty battlepass.

For once, this might be the ONLY time I would have supported the autopop thingy since the requirements have drastically change with this new game update.

It will pop with the 5th rez instead of doing 5 separate people. 

7 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

The trophy descriptions on here haven't been updated yet, at least not entirely. You'd have to go to PSN and see the actual descriptions for the up to date ones. Or you can look at the PS5 ones, those look to be correct