WE WILL NEVER ESCAPE OVERWATCH

Emmbea

2 hours ago, Emmbea said:

Its been 2 years... and now... all of a sudden... my 100% trophy list for Overwatch is at 93%. 

But they also said 2 years ago that they'll add more dlc characters when OW2 is out. That was common knowledge and there was no mention of OW1 shutting down way back then, so it was always assumed this wasn't going to stay 100%. 

It's games like Terraria getting dlc out of no where that you should be disappointed with. Ow was expected 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emmbea said:

Its been 2 years... and now... all of a sudden... my 100% trophy list for Overwatch is at 93%. NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I ESCAPED. I WAS FREE. I WAS DONE. YOU TOOK THAT FROM ME. MUST I SUFFER INTERMINABLY? WHAT'S THAT? STOP CARING ABOUT HAVING A COMPLETE 100% LIST OF TROPHIES FOR LITERALLY EVERY GAME I OWN? NO. NEVER. I REFUSE.

God gives his hardest battles to his most mentally ill gamers.

I thought I was free as well. This is basically my mindset as well. I even recently moved away from PS to PC and didn't want to go back anytime soon, but I can't help myself my Overwatch 100% was one of my pride and joys. So until they make a second list, I'm not done.

2 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Wonder how long before they need to create a part 2 trophy list like Minecraft?

I stupidly didn't realize that I could just delete it and not earn trophies for it. Oh, what a fool I was. Guess I'll have to wait for a 3rd list to come out to be free.

6 hours ago, Emmbea said:

Its been 2 years... and now... all of a sudden... my 100% trophy list for Overwatch is at 93%. NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I ESCAPED. I WAS FREE. I WAS DONE. YOU TOOK THAT FROM ME. MUST I SUFFER INTERMINABLY? WHAT'S THAT? STOP CARING ABOUT HAVING A COMPLETE 100% LIST OF TROPHIES FOR LITERALLY EVERY GAME I OWN? NO. NEVER. I REFUSE.

God gives his hardest battles to his most mentally ill gamers.

Could just, ya know... Not get them.

Do we not trophy hunt because we enjoy it? If you don't find it enjoyable, I think you've lost the purpose of hunting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Riiszk said:

But they also said 2 years ago that they'll add more dlc characters when OW2 is out. That was common knowledge and there was no mention of OW1 shutting down way back then, so it was always assumed this wasn't going to stay 100%. 

It's games like Terraria getting dlc out of no where that you should be disappointed with. Ow was expected 

I don't recall them saying anything like that at all.  I don't recall them mentioning OW2 2 years ago let alone new dlc characters yet alone mentioning that they would merge the two trophies lists.  Out of everyone on this site up until about 12 hours ago nobody had any idea the lists were even going to be merged so I'm not too sure what you're talking about.   I'd love to see this article or video or quote from the devs saying this is how it would all go down from two years ago.  the devs just informed us the two games were merging as one in the past 6 months or so.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

i know people were boosting the older version of the game up until it shut down just about but not sure how.

How does this work then, we have to fire up the new version of the game and potentially risk popping trophies on the new list in order to unlock any trophies on the old list? What a bizarre way to do this.

EDIT: Ignore this, I didn't realise that the Overwatch 2 list is just the same list but for PS5. So basically if I wanted to unlock any more trophies on the original list I'd just need to use the Overwatch 2 launcher for PS4 but it essentially acts as the same game. What this also means is that the original list will probably never stop expanding...

Edited by EddieMenuek

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I don't recall them saying anything like that at all.  I don't recall them mentioning OW2 2 years ago let alone new dlc characters yet alone mentioning that they would merge the two trophies lists.  Out of everyone on this site up until about 12 hours ago nobody had any idea the lists were even going to be merged so I'm not too sure what you're talking about.   I'd love to see this article or video or quote from the devs saying this is how it would all go down from two years ago.  the devs just informed us the two games were merging as one in the past 6 months or so.

They would release heroes every 3 or so months and then said they'd stop until ow2. They had gameplay trailers in Nov 2019 for ow2, nearly 3 years ago, and revealed Sojourn as well so ow2 was known well before even 3 years ago.

This is long ago, so I don't have links, but I recall knowing overwatch wasn't done by any means. What was commonly thought in the community was ow2 is just ow1 with pve. Which is true, but we didn't know it'd change this much, nor did we know ow1 wouldn't exist (transform into ow2). Expecting the game to be dead is a bit much when it was kinda clear that they weren't done by any stretch of the imagination. They only said they're done with heroes until ow2, everything else kept moving forward as expected. 

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 2

Can't you just go back and finished the rest of the trophies ?

I mean.. isn't this just another regular routine for every trophy hunter ?

When new DLC come out => Install back the game => Hunt all the new trophies => Uninstall. Done.

Back to 100% again. That's it.

• Like 2

As someone who tried to get the "Cratered" trophy legit for countless days before finally resorting to boosting....yeah ok I can understand where the OP is coming from ?I just hope these new trophies aren't as absurd as the OW1 ones.

Also why is McCree called Cassidy on PS5 list? What kind of not-for-kids lore did I miss here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

As someone who tried to get the "Cratered" trophy legit for countless days before finally resorting to boosting....yeah ok I can understand where the OP is coming from ?I just hope these new trophies aren't as absurd as the OW1 ones.

Also why is McCree called Cassidy on PS5 list? What kind of not-for-kids lore did I miss here?

He was named after somebody that had sexual allegations against them, so much of the community had just started referring to him as 'Cowboy' anyway and they announced earlier this year that he'd be renamed.

• Like 1