WE WILL NEVER ESCAPE OVERWATCH

Emmbea

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

The last paragraph was wisdom.

I hate to admit it (and of course every trophy hunter) but, from a general point of view, trophies/achievements have diminished the fun of this hobby.

It's been years since there are some games I'd like to play, I even bought an arcade emulator etc. but trophies are always ahead of anything. there's always a game, a server, anything that needs immediate attention and priority, and then the fun fades into the background.

for us "hardcore" Trophy hunters (I consider myself one, due to the vast financial investment and my own time with this hobby, as well as countless crazy things I've done for some trophies) is much worse. regardless of the leaderboard and culture surrounding this niche is currently collapsing, the urge to get trophies and hunt and this habit is never ending.

I find myself questioning how many more things I could do, or merely play games to relax and all. Trophies are a completely arbitrary thing to the game, any game can have a potentially hard or super easy platinum, they are goals that don't even need to make much sense in the game but that someone created and put them there to supposedly increase the fun. but I think like all things that are elevated to an obsessive level, this is what happens.

it's just too much man, im at 1000 plats and going insane from trying to keep up with shutdowns and constant dlc. I must create a time machine to prevent trophies from ever existing, FOR HUMANITY. And don't worry, nothing will mess up in the space time continuum, it'll help it because we know how many babies were not born due to trophies LOL

Edited by ChowderlyDude
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChowderlyDude said:

it's just too much man, im at 1000 plats and going insane from trying to keep up with shutdowns and constant dlc. I must create a time machine to prevent trophies from ever existing, FOR HUMANITY. And don't worry, nothing will mess up in the space time continuum, it'll help it because we know how many babies were not born due to trophies LOL

If we all were all having more sex instead of daily obsessing over these trophies and shutdowns lol...

Edited by kevao97

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I want to kind of berate and mock Pheonixgaming for being entitled, why would you hate a game you played so much you got 100% on it? More trophies more fun right?

Never thought I'd see the day when it's "being entitled" to want to play a game, get 100% and never lose it. I can understand the mindset but I just can't ever agree with it.

This is also annoying for games like Minecraft but the big difference is that Minecraft Trophies are usually just time-consuming and don't suck your soul and joy from the game. Overwatch is known for being notoriously luck-based and difficult, so when we put in the time and hours to get 100%, and then 2 years later they decide to add more trophies similar to Conan exiles who released a 5-year-old game on PS Plus, and when people platinumed it, they released 3 years later a $30 DLC to force completionist to waste money to get their 100% back. Developers know that there's a big community around trophies and achievements, so they know exactly how to make people constantly come back. It's a scummy tactic. I don't like to support it, I hope to slowly move on from PlayStation and move to PC where I feel less care about achievement completion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Never thought I'd see the day when it's "being entitled" to want to play a game, get 100% and never lose it. I can understand the mindset but I just can't ever agree with it.

This is also annoying for games like Minecraft but the big difference is that Minecraft Trophies are usually just time-consuming and don't suck your soul and joy from the game. Overwatch is known for being notoriously luck-based and difficult, so when we put in the time and hours to get 100%, and then 2 years later they decide to add more trophies similar to Conan exiles who released a 5-year-old game on PS Plus, and when people platinumed it, they released 3 years later a $30 DLC to force completionist to waste money to get their 100% back. Developers know that there's a big community around trophies and achievements, so they know exactly how to make people constantly come back. It's a scummy tactic. I don't like to support it, I hope to slowly move on from PlayStation and move to PC where I feel less care about achievement completion.

Oh yes but I agree. That is honestly the weird thing. Like normally you are free to play a game when, for how long and however you like. But trophies feel you are having your strings pulled, to play in a certain way, for a set length of time etc. I resent that as much as you. But it's also weird because in theory we shouldn't be upset. But there is a peeve that "I have this game on 100% and I am free, so now I can play this game whenever I want, or never again", and then someone comes along and screws with this and it's very annoying.

Isn't it also annoying to have your trophy list now become OverWatch 2? Makes you wonder if even trophies we have earned in the past might be under threat one day.

• Like 2

That's the problem with this kind of game, being only multiplayer. A new DLC/a new game mode/ a new season and they add some more  almost impossible stuff to do. Back on xbox one, I got the original achievements 100% legit, took me weeks for Lucio's wallrun kill and then I saw 99% of the rest of the achievers just boosted the damn thing in few hours .... I thought why even bother ....

So now they know 100% people will just boost the trophies/achievements because they already have their main character and don't wanna spend months trying to make one single action that relies more on RNG/very specific situation than skills. Plus, they want people to play ranked games but you can't focus on winning the game if you try to desperately kill 6 people with you ult or shield tons of damage without dying. It's as dumb as if there was a trophy on League of Legends for making a pentakill with Yumi or blocking 4 ultimates with Yasuo's wall... People who would attempt to do this would necessarily ruin the game for the other mates.

They should have gone with 20/50 wins with each specific character.

11 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

took me weeks for Lucio's wallrun kill and then I saw 99% of the rest of the achievers just boosted the damn thing in few hours .... I thought why even bother ....

So now they know 100% people will just boost the trophies/achievements because they already have their main character and don't wanna spend months trying to make one single action that relies more on RNG/very specific situation than skills.

Oh yes, the big FOUR paths you have in online games, and why online trophies are usually shit.

(1) Play for fun and casually, probably never get 100% on the game or get barely any trophies.

(2) Use your expertise skills to get the platinum legit with the requirements in mind, takes a long while but probably is impossible on a few trophies due to RNG (Cos you might need to kill a boss and all 4 turtles do their victory pose or some bullshit like that which you can't ever do on your own or with randoms)

(3) Play exactly how a guide tells you too, decent but grindy experience, takes a while but you'll get the platinum, of course you are not playing the game naturally and to cut down on time used where possible, you are being controlled to play the game a certain way.

(4) Boost completely with random people, shit experience but the fastest way to platinum.

I'm still reminded of the first game I ever boosted online. Back then I had no idea what boosting even was, these two trophies in particular.

The Good, The Bad and The Bombed
With the full cowboy outfit, Frag another cowboy in an Online Multiplayer match.

Girl Power!
With a full female outfit, win an Online Multiplayer 4+ player girl only match.

So like, I love Bomberman! I love how the characters look as they are, so I just wanna play. So I do, but of course i'm just bog standard white bomberman. Locked out of trophies. Even though I am very good at the game. (This is the (2) I detailed earlier, you wanna use your skills to win legit, but you can't)

Now I need to get a Cowboy outfit.

But this game is like Little Big Planet, you can't get choose the Cowboy character, you have to unlock various parts at random, and equip the full set, so then I look up online what a full Coyboy outfit is because actually I don't even know, and the trophy icon is just the head, then I play online with this custume set, for hours, days. And not once do I see another bomberman with this outfit on. It also sucks playing with this outfit on, I think it's dumb, I mean it's Bomberman, not a Cowboy with a pistol. I wanna see BomberMan in his natural habitat. One could say it's like playing Dead Or Alive but the girls are some in some stupid Potato Sack suit.

Anyway, there's also Girl Power! Where you have to WIN a match with FOUR players using the same costume. I mean the chances of that occuring naturally is impossible. Sometimes people leave the game mid way because they know they are gonna lose. This game sucks.

Oh, but then I discovered boosting, you just get a ton of mates and then take it in turns and then wow, these trophies can be done within minutes.. Easy peasy...

Which makes me face palm so hard, trophies that are IMPOSSIBLE, or SUPER EASY. I mean even if you do it legit, where is the pride or achievement? Someone else does it in 10 mins, so you don't wanna waste 10 days of your life or more, only you suffer, only you waste your time. "Cheating" is the way to go. So you boost.

Online trophies suck. No doubt about it.

Oh and also, I have not bought a Bomberman game since, like just look at the latest, blow up 1 million pieces of wall? Fuck right off with that bullshit!

Well, rightly or wrongly, I've pretty much avoided as many games as I can and just don't buy games that have online trophies, I am probably missing out on a whole ton of fun along the way, but I guess, that's just something I have to live with.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, Emmbea said:

Its been 2 years... and now... all of a sudden... my 100% trophy list for Overwatch is at 93%. NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I ESCAPED. I WAS FREE. I WAS DONE. YOU TOOK THAT FROM ME. MUST I SUFFER INTERMINABLY? WHAT'S THAT? STOP CARING ABOUT HAVING A COMPLETE 100% LIST OF TROPHIES FOR LITERALLY EVERY GAME I OWN? NO. NEVER. I REFUSE.

God gives his hardest battles to his most mentally ill gamers.

Crazy how that’s your first and only post. My condolences.