Buyer's Remorse?

nuclearglenn

What are some games you've bought and had serious buyer's remorse over? Why do you regert buying it?

I'll start:

Brink is probably the most notable one for me, 30$ for a mediocore shooter that I beat in 4 hours with barely any form of story to it.

Dead Island Riptide is another, literally a carbon copy of the first with new bell's and whitle's, was not worth the money

Pain would be another for me too, wasn't expensive but I found very little fun in it and got bored quickly. Also, those trophies, are they even possible to get.

That's about all I can think of right now, what purchases were your biggest regrets, be it Game, DLC, etc...?

^ lol

On launch day, I bought the PC version of Two Worlds for $50, and I couldn't trade it in anywhere :( At the time, my machine was more than capable of running it, but it lagged and ran like crap. Almost everything about the game itself was terrible; graphics, voice work, animation, frame rate, action sequences, character creation and customization, upkeep, amongst plenty of other things.

Only other time I immediately felt regret after buying a game was Beyond the Beyond for PS1. It was so bad...

Only 2 I can think of right now, Gone Home and Skyrim. Gone Home was just terrible. Skyrim was fun for a little while, until I realized almost every side mission was a fetch quest and 90% of the dungeons were repetitive Draugr and Bandit caves.

There were probably way more on my PS2, but I don't feel like looking through my collection.

I bought Dragon Quest Swords for the wii at launch for $50. The trailers of the game looked awesome and I was still on a Dragon Quest VIII high so I was pretty excited. Well not only was the game completely linear but it was embrassingly short, I beat it within a few hours. Couldnt return the game because of Gamestop's policy where you couldnt return new games that were opened. Safe to say I was extremely pissed.

Only 2 I can think of right now, Gone Home and Skyrim. Gone Home was just terrible. Skyrim was fun for a little while, until I realized almost every side mission was a fetch quest and 90% of the dungeons were repetitive Draugr and Bandit caves.

There were probably way more on my PS2, but I don't feel like looking through my collection.

I do kinda agree with SKyrim. While I do enjoy the game to some extent it was wayyy to overhyped and overrated. Don't really think it was worth my full 60$ but I did get a decent amount of play time out of it so I can't really compain too much.

I haven't bought a game iv'e regretted for a long long time ......

the most recent i'd have to say was 

Resident Evil 6 

it was such a big big disappointment ! and i'm a huge RE fan 

i bought it on release full price , i haven't been let down that much for a long time 

a lot of people will say Brink and i agree to a certain point , i was hugely anticipating that 

game everything seemed so awesome and the concept was great but it just didn't come together 

maybe it they made everything separate it would've worked because it's a huge shame it had 

the potential to be so much more .

• Like 1

God of War: Ascension was a HUGE letdown...used some Christmas gift cards to get it but that could have been better spent elsewhere.  As a huge fan of the series, i feel it was the weakest (even weaker than the two PSP games)  Black Ops 2 was a regret too...though i sold that before its value got too awfully low.  Not sure why i bought Ghosts either...lol

The Collector's edition of Lightning Returns. I payed about 32 dollars in shipping and taxes, and it isn't even a limited edition, which I thought it was. I was skeptical about my purchase for awhile and decided to let the reviews be the deciding factor in whether or not I would cancel it. Sure enough, Square holds off their reviews (I think they did it deliberately, knowing the game was mediocre) until hours after release, and of course, they shipped the CE a day before launch. I could've and should've returned it, but didn't mostly because I would've lost the money I paid for shipping regardless. Definitely, the most remorse I've felt for a purchase.

I bought Dragon Quest Swords for the wii at launch for $50. The trailers of the game looked awesome and I was still on a Dragon Quest VIII high so I was pretty excited. Well not only was the game completely linear but it was embrassingly short, I beat it within a few hours. Couldnt return the game because of Gamestop's policy where you couldnt return new games that were opened. Safe to say I was extremely pissed.

i would of told them the game didnt work and the stores in my area are cool a bout it and give a store credit

but one of the biggest games i regret buying would be

1. spectrobes
  2. jet grind radio port
  3. super street fighter
  4. wreckless:yakuza missions(which i eventually enjoyed)
  5. marvel v capcom 3

i would of told them the game didnt work and the stores in my area are cool a bout it and give a store credit

but one of the biggest games i regret buying would be

1. spectrobes
  2. jet grind radio port
  3. super street fighter
  4. wreckless:yakuza missions(which i eventually enjoyed)
  5. marvel v capcom 3

I actually tried that but they arent cool in my area though. They only offered to exchange it for another copy.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Its not a bad game from what I played on Xbox 360 so I bought it the same day I bought my PS3, got home the disc was broken, drove back and swapped it for a new copy, disc was broken yet again by then I was over it and just got Saints Row: The Third Full Package edition