Progress not carrying over

jagangsters55

Seems to be a prevalente issue, I started Overwatch 2, linked with my associated Battle Net account, and all the progress from paid OW1 seems to have been erased. I opened a ticket to Activision Blizzard (not sure how much help that's gonna be), but found in other forums that it's a common issue for now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

Did the same happen with the 3 new characters? Otherwise I've had the same issue 

I'm not sure what you mean by the new characters, but it basically wiped the entire account. (Hopefully temporarily.) It's treating me as if I'm a new player on a brand new account.

1 minute ago, Monochrome said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the new characters, but it basically wiped the entire account. (Hopefully temporarily.) It's treating me as if I'm a new player on a brand new account.

Think I've might had encountered a bug where I can't play the 3 new characters the added to OW2, played them last night and now they are locked for me 

13 minutes ago, Game_Knot said:

No need to send a ticket as thousands of people already have they're aware of the issues just be patient.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-known-issues-october-4-2022/694774

It doesn't mention that they acknowledge that consoles' achievements/trophies don't unlock between platforms. I have everything I unlocked over the last 6 years, across PS and PC, just trophies won't pop on the PS5 version, as they should. On PC, the achievements unlocked alongside with account merging, since I got all trophies prior to OW2.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

3 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

It doesn't mention that they acknowledge that consoles' achievements/trophies don't unlock. I have everything I unlocked over the last 6 years, across PS and PC, just trophies won't pop on the PS5 version, as they should. On PC, the achievements unlocked alongside with account merging, since I got all trophies prior to OW2.

This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release.

Trophies not unlocking isn't really a priority for them right now.

Looks like you still have to do an account merge, even if you are still playing on the same console. I only played on PS4 so I assumed it would just continue to use the PS4 account but that isn't the case. The only way to initiate the account merge is through the game when it gives you the prompt. I haven't seen any way to do it through Battle.net.

Edited by BlueDragonRR