So we need a phone number and our voices put into a database to 100% overwatch now?

ChowderlyDude

This phone number crap smells like a load of sh... leading into a dystopia that i don't want to be a part of. I know that we have our data routinely snuffed from us from tech companies but this is a bit much imo. I honestly think I will just leave overwatch incomplete since they added this phone number garbage. I have a legit phone number but it's the principle... i dont want them to take voice samples from my phone number and put it into a database. Who else agrees that blizzard can stick it where the sun dont shine?

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Why would they need to record your voice?

If that was me, first thing I would be doing is playing tracks of Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince down the phone at them.

Damn, you watched that show with Alfonso Ribeiro and James Avery? Don't know if you were a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air fan like I was.

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Damn, you watched that show with Alfonso Ribeiro and James Avery? Don't know if you were a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air fan like I was.

Haha, well the songs are very cheesy and of course, well Will Smith is funny. I thought everyone liked Will Smith. In the 2000s everyone love Keanu Reeves but in the 90s it was Will Smith.

At the time, very few American shows were on the BBC but for whatever reason the Fresh Prince was on BBC2 at 6pm, a pretty prime time slot. We used to call it the Fresh Prince Of Bel-End though. Cos we're like 13, and stuff.

I can't say I watched too many episodes but the intro music is amazing. Was definitely worth tuning in just for the first 5 minutes, especially since it annoyed my dad.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

oh cool if they're removing it for existing overwatch players. Is that only for existing players on the ps4 version or existing players going to overwatch 2 on the ps5 as well?

Well my reason for this topic is I watched a SomeOrdinaryGamers video where he said they take recordings of your voice to match up to ingame to make sure that it's you if you troll,etc or something to that effect. I'm not sure entirely what he was saying but it got me thinking. Anytime a company wants more information it's to their benefit, not yours. But requiring a phone number isn't something to be taken lightly as email spam is bad enough, can't trust blizzard to not give your phone number out either.

Edited by ChowderlyDude

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Haha, well the songs are very cheesy and of course, well Will Smith is funny. I thought everyone liked Will Smith. In the 2000s everyone love Keanu Reeves but in the 90s it was Will Smith.

At the time, very few American shoes were on the BBC but for whatever reason the Fresh Prince was on BBC2 at 6pm, a pretty prime time slot. We used to call it the Fresh Prince Of Bel-End though. Cos we're like 13, and stuff.

I can't say I watched too many episodes but the intro music is amazing. Was definitely worth tuning in just for the first 5 minutes, especially since it annoyed my dad.

When he was rapping with DJ Jazzy Jeff that was his claim to fame. Will Smith never swore profanities in his songs like Dr Dre or Snoop Doggy Dogg, yes I'm using his original name. If there was a song that Will swore in, I'd like to hear it.

Like him or hate him, Will Smith has forged a legendary show business career. But nowadays all anybody can say when they think of Will Smith is how he made an embarrassment at this year's Oscars. Not that I or many other people give a damn about the Oscars at this point because. why?

The intro music and intro itself in the television show harkens back to a better time.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Fresh Prince
  • Like 1

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, there was similar uproar when Blizzard announced Real-ID for battle.net. Wasn't that big of a deal. Granted as someone posted above, they've changed the requirements based on account creation. Either way every company under the sun will sell your phone number, wouldn't be surprised if your own service provider did it. Most phones now a days have built in spam detection/blockers, which makes the whole ordeal a moot point (imo).

Edited by Skurkitty