DeadDexterous

Rage Quit ?

49 posts in this topic

FIFA games at the time I was playing that evil FUT mode were the most raging games for me.

At that time I only played FIFA and did not play for trophies but just for fun and pleasure until I realized it was actually not pleasure but an endless race made of frustration just to have the best team possible.

I used to earn millions of ingame credits during months and got a really good team (mostly TOTS players, that made other players call me a cheater) to enjoy it just two or three months before the next Fifa releases and everything resets.

I finally stopped playing FIFA and started other games for real pleasure. Only came back on FIFA games to get the missing trophies and did not really enjoyed it except for the story mode.

I also remember some DBZ Xenoverse 2 trophies were a source of anger and frustration too. Those combo tutorials and a DLC related fight against an overpowered Goku almost drove me insane. But the rest of the game was pleasant.

In my younger days I would have some adorable hissy-fit-quits for sure - usually stealth games (Tenchu / Early Hitman etc.) or fighting games against the CPU.

I don't tend to get too stroppy with games now though - I'm pretty patient, and fairly comfortable accepting my limitations....

...but it did take a couple decades of gaming failures to get to that point 😂

Not exactly rage or anything, but I just completed The Last of Us story once because I knew for sure I'm not even trying to get those multiplayer trophies. No matter how easy they are, I didn't like that game mode so I'm not grinding anything in there.

I often rage, but I rarely quit.

If a game is good and fun, challenge only makes me want to play and beat it more.

My rages mostly come from online competitive though. But I friggin' love it! It fuels my will to win.

Fbi44lGXoAYWUr6?format=jpg

If a game is bad... well, I simply don't play it.

23 minutes ago, FebuKev said:

FIFA games at the time I was playing that evil FUT mode were the most raging games for me.

At that time I only played FIFA and did not play for trophies but just for fun and pleasure until I realized it was actually not pleasure but an endless race made of frustration just to have the best team possible.

I used to earn millions of ingame credits during months and got a really good team (mostly TOTS players, that made other players call me a cheater) to enjoy it just two or three months before the next Fifa releases and everything resets.

I finally stopped playing FIFA and started other games for real pleasure. Only came back on FIFA games to get the missing trophies and did not really enjoyed it except for the story mode.

When FIFA/EA won the court case a while ago around scripting/influencing online match results.

"We own the technology but we do not implement it".

Yeah sure, we believe you 😉

(I'm aware they proved it, the case was withdrawn, but FUT still feels like it is influenced)

Can't say I've rage quit out of a game entirely as I really only play games I'm sure I'll like nowadays.

Back when I played MP in games way more often then I do now I would get quite annoyed and I've rage quit out of my fair share of match's. I would always go back but still it always feel weird that I'd get like that thinking about it. 

I'm pretty sure I'd rage out of any sort of sports simulator as I'm just awful at them. Only ever really played with friends but I get bored of FIFA after one or two match's. 

2 hours ago, DeadDexterous said:

Game you are most angry/annoyed at giving up on and why?

Too difficult? Unobtainable trophy? Hated a game you expected to love?

For me. Streets Of Rage 4. Hence calling this rage quit. I'm so bad it's tragic. Which is frustrating due to how much I played the original as a kid.

I deleted it and accepted the chance of me finishing the Platinum was about the same as someone finding a Nun in a brothel.

Is your id name a nod to the fact that your Dexterity is dead?

Which stages on SOR4 are you stuck on trying to get an S rank?

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Is your id name a nod to the fact that your Dexterity is dead?

Which stages on SOR4 are you stuck on trying to get an S rank?

Haha Might as well be! I just thought it up  when I was watching the TV series Dexter (Killer not cartoon) and thought it sounded good. But in reality I have to try hard on anything a 4/10 difficulty or above.

Oh honestly I'm rubbish at it, I only managed seven S Ranks on hard mode & Couldn't get a perfect to save my life.

Recently, Tales of Zestiria. The gameplay mechanics are getting on my nerves. Leveling up means nothing, you actually get stronger by equipment upgrades/fusion which on its own gets confusing. Your party setup always locks in two specific characters and your party gets rearranged after almost every little cutscene. No resurrection artes if you die, you have to rely on items for that. Some abilities are binded to the same button, so good luck doing that ONE move you actually want to do. Defenses are pathetic, I would still die in one or two hits from most bosses, which is more cheap than difficult. There are some other small nitpicks, but I don't want to turn this into a bigger rant.

Never any raging, just alcoholism, depression and a regret of all life choices.

Nah it's just a game, nothing to get upset about. 

17 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Haha Might as well be! I just thought it up  when I was watching the TV series Dexter (Killer not cartoon) and thought it sounded good. But in reality I have to try hard on anything a 4/10 difficulty or above.

Oh honestly I'm rubbish at it, I only managed seven S Ranks on hard mode & Couldn't get a perfect to save my life.

Seven S ranks is great, only five more to go! You're almost there mate!

And getting a perfect on a stage, if I recall there are a ton of ways with certain characters to do it quite easily.

PS I only rage quite on "Trash Panic". It's a very hard game on easy, great game, great music, still love the game.

But completing the game in Hell Mode, in one sitting without being able to save after each of the 7 stages.

Too much for me and honestly not worth the hassle in middle age life. Like who wants to leave their PS3 on indefinitely? Not me. Games that rely on luck and physics in order to succeed can go to "Hell Mode" (see what I did there?)

Edited by enaysoft

I think the only game I've fully rage quitted was Need for Speed: The Run. Haven't played a racing game since (aside from some Mario Kart). 

Fallout 76. Nothing in that game is difficult except for "I Am Become Death". I did the platinum before they allowed you to respec your character and had a terrible build for close quarters combat. I spent three full days doing the last level of the game and then immediately deleted the game once I had the platinum. I hated it by the end.

No game I've stopped playing completely yet, just have a lot of unfinished games which unfortunately is due to time, nothing is too hard, it's just me needing to get better, also, no game has made me rage quit, when a game irritates me, for instance Injustice, I normally swear a bit and say sarcastic things to the screen, I'd be mortified if it was ever caught on camera. If I feel something is making me particularly angry I'll turn it off for a while, every time when I come back it goes better.

Now as a kid, when we had things called Joysticks, well just just say I broke three or four of them, my favourite moment looking back was once when I didn't say anything or display any emotion I just slammed the joystick down on the desk, took a breath and then tried to carry on as though nothing had happened, which was extremely difficult as the joystick was now in half. That was the C64 and Amiga era when games were purposely meant to piss you off.

2 hours ago, FebuKev said:

I also remember some DBZ Xenoverse 2 trophies were a source of anger and frustration too. Those combo tutorials and a DLC related fight against an overpowered Goku almost drove me insane. But the rest of the game was pleasant.

That's funny because one of the reasons I rage quit the entire fifa series was because maybe 1 person in about 20 would have the decency to play until the end if they were in a losing position. Fifa is effectively a game where everyone quits and no-one truly gets the satisfaction of winning. The standards of sportsman ship are rock bottom, encouraged by EA's refusal to add matchmaking filters for people who dont want to play against rage quitters, or people who dont want to skip cutscenes and celebrations. Sony should also be ashamed. They are happy to charge a tax for online gaming but have done absolutely nothing to weed out people who shamelessly quit game after game.

NBA 2K21 and 2K22.

In the former, I was one trophy away from the platinum. All I had to do was beat every Domination game. But the "Best Of" Domination is just too hard, even with all Dark Matter players. I lost to the Knicks alone like 10 times. I still had like 30 of these games to do. That would've been a recipe for a lot of suffering.

As for the latter, I gave up because no matter how hard I try, I just couldn't seem to get anywhere in multiplayer. I tried boosting the Draft mode trophy and kept getting matched with pro players instead of my partner. I got to 7 wins out of the necessary 10 before my streak reset. I was furious.

Both (or all three if you count stacks) games are now hidden. I don't like hiding games but NBA 2K21 and 2K22 pissed me off enough that I don't want to look at them ever again.

I probably shouldn't have bought NBA 2K23, but that game seems to be easier from what I can tell. The multiplayer is a miserable experience but you can lose a lot of games and still progress so that's a lifesaver for me. I might have a shot at the platinum there.

3 hours ago, DeadDexterous said:

When FIFA/EA won the court case a while ago around scripting/influencing online match results.

"We own the technology but we do not implement it".

Yeah sure, we believe you 1f609.png

(I'm aware they proved it, the case was withdrawn, but FUT still feels like it is influenced)

Im trying to accept the fact that some games, im not meant to win (it feels scripted, and my opponents team feels like all ronaldos, and my team feels like a bunch of 3rd graders at nap time). 

It's just how it is. Though i still get annoyed at it. But i love football, and i love FIFA (when the gameplay is good). So i stick around. 

FIFA for me, is like CS:GO. It gives me the biggest highs in gaming, but also the biggest lows. It really is love/hate relationships :D 

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

That's funny because one of the reasons I rage quit the entire fifa series was because maybe 1 person in about 20 would have the decency to play until the end if they were in a losing position.

In my opinion, if im ahead 3-0, and you rage quit, i still get the win, so i have no problem with that. Saves us both time when grinding for rewards :)

People who quit at 0-0, are the problem. That wastes both our time and player contracts.

45 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

People who quit at 0-0, are the problem. That wastes both our time and player contracts.

Especially in FUT Champs.

If I couldn't reach the next rewards mathematically I would own goal & quit off. You never know when your up against someone on a bad losing streak who could really use the win.

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Seven S ranks is great, only five more to go! You're almost there mate!

Appreciate the video but I already re-visited the game when the DLC came out. The DLC was good fun but I still couldn't get the platinum.

No plans of going at it a 3rd time.

I never rage quit a game, mostly I just take breaks. But if there is a game that makes me want to, it's SFV and trying to get gold league.

I'll rage when it comes to competitive online games but thankfully i rarely play online so don't have to put up with those cheaters 😂

If i can boost online for a trophy that is the best thing.

I used to rage quit online MP shooters, mostly CoD series.  Then I just pain quit them all together. 😎