What is better/harder game: Dark Souls or Demon's Souls

BrunoBomb

Dark Souls or Demon's Souls  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What is the better/harder game?

Is a kind of perpective, cause when I first played Demon´s Souls have no idea on the mechanics thing that made played Dark Souls a lot of easier, but I think if I would have played Dark Souls first then Demon´s Souls would have been a lot of easier.

In conclusion Demon´s Souls was harder cause was my first game of this kind but Dark Souls has a better backround history and plot.

PD: I find Dark Souls PVP a lot of harder than Demon´s Souls, maybe for the hacker, cause I win often in Demon´s than Dark Souls. 

• Like 1

Demon's Souls because

1. I played it when PSN was down (on my old account), so I couldn't get any coop help for the bosses which made it very hard, specially on the flaming demon guy boss part (I don't remember the names lol)

2. Your health goes down when you're dead, yeah.

3. I beat the game with a rapier and a shield, so that I didn't have to lower my shield, ever... I had no idea how to play the game back then, it was a complete nightmare

Dark Souls was easier for me, then again I could only beat Ornstein & Smough through co-op on NG+.

But they're both definitely hard, that's for sure. Can't wait to play Demon's Souls again (thanks to PS+).. The nostalgia is going to be amazing :P

In my opinion Dark Souls is a much better game for lots of reasons. As for which is harder :hmm: They both have there ups and down, and honestly it's been ages since I properly played Demon's so I can't really give my opinion on it.

Either way they're both awesome games. The type of games that every gamer should give a go at some point ;)

In my personal opinion I believe Dark Souls is way harder. At first I thought Demon Souls was but I familiarized myself with bosses and levels and it is now a joke to beat. Also the souls glitch can help make it easier but I beat it legit before attempting that. Dark Souls is just hard to me, I had trouble on most bosses. 

I like Demon's Souls better, the atmosphere is more intense and the boss fights are way harder. Also weapon crafting/farming is much easier in Dark Souls. Chances are if you liked playing either one of the games you're going to play the other eventually so might as well start off with Demon's.

I would say that they are both great games and the challenge for both is about the same.  None of the bosses in Demon's Souls were hard so long as you had a good plan and in Dark Souls the estus flasks took away the need to make sure you kept healing items stockpiled.  Though I will say that Dark Souls had some bosses that seemed really unfair.  I'm looking at you Ornstein only fight in either game where I completely felt like giving up.

The harder game is typically whichever you played first. The difficulty is understanding how to approach the gameplay. That being said most would agree the bosses in Dark Souls were tougher as some of Demons Souls bosses weren't actually a stereotypical fight (Dragon God, Maiden Astrea). As to better, obviously its a personal opinion. I cannot choose one over the other, but, I can honestly say that Latria in Demons Souls was my favourite area in either game. Its atmosphere is unsurpassed by anything else in a Souls game, a sense of mystery and malice envelops the region. Also it has my favourite boss fight ever in a game, you guessed it, Old Monk. Just an amazing concept. A different experience and challenge everytime. I'll be sad when Demons Souls servers close and Old Monk will become mundane.

To me Demon's Soul's was not only harder, it was better and more rewarding. Demon's Soul's felt like when you died, even though it was hard, you always had a fighting chance. Dark Souls, when you died, it wasn't from lack of skill, it was more about you have to have a certain item, not to die from the fall, or falling off a invisible wall etc. You felt as if why am I playing this, bc to me it wasn't very good, even the company came out and apologized for it having so many bugs. But Demon's Soul's when you triumphed, felt like you earned it, bc you could always learned new things, different weapons worked better against different enemies etc. But Dark Souls 1 weapon was effective against anyone, no need to change to piercing weapon bc the damage wasn't that different vs Demon's Soul's where the lizard guy took significantly more damage against piercing, and flame enemies were weak to spells etc. Felt as if Demon's Soul's was very well constructed and executed vs Dark Souls big heaping pile of crap. I would rate Demon's Soul's a 9.5, but Dark Souls a 7.0. One thing I always preferred was the amount of mana spells took vs a set limit, that basically killed exploring for more things to give you mana to use your spells better. Weapons were better, seemed like a more range of weapons that were actually useful, spells were cooler looking and effective. But I am excited for Dark Souls 2 bc no one is saying its Dark Souls 2, there saying its much more like Demon's Soul's. And with Sony saying last year, they own all the rights to Demon's Soul's, that Demon's Soul's 2 might be one of the secret games they have unannounced that will come out within the 1st 2 years of the PS4, if so I'll be very happy bc they will be more likely to copy Demon's Soul's and what made it successful vs the direction Dark Souls is going. People who love Dark Souls are saying they don't like DS2, but people who say they like DS2 bc it reminds them of Demon's Soul's.

Edited by BMJ2K7

• 4 weeks later...

I've beaten Dark Souls and I'm currently playing Demon's Souls.

I would say that the difficulty is about the same.

I'm breezing through Demon's Souls but that's only because I learned how to play from Dark Souls.

As for which one is better I would go with Dark Souls.

I prefer Dark Souls' open world to Demons Souls' levels.

And there are some tiny details I don't like in Demon's Souls.

For exemple: inventory limit and the world tendency can be kind of annoying when playing online.

• 2 months later...

Oddly enough, I played Demon's Souls first, then Dark Souls, and I still found Dark Souls the much harder game. I'm still struggling with Nito's Tomb of the Giants area, but despite that, I would say I prefer Dark Souls.

I found Demon's Souls loads harder but like others it's probs cos i played that one first.

I remember my first play through i adamantly stuck with the dragon sword because it did a tiny bit of fire damage and got killed off tons of enemies who would have been easy with a longer ranged weapon haha.

On a side note i'm finding DS2 to be loads easier than the first two atm, though i'm hoping it gets tougher! :) 

I prefer Demon's Souls but Dark Souls is harder imo.

I like the HUB system in Demon's Souls and I like that each area of 'levels' has it's own lore and one of them is quite sad.

The only 2 remotely difficult bosses in Demon's Souls are Flamelurker and Maneaters and Flamelurker can be a baby once you get his pattern down.

Leechmonger can also be quite awkward if you have no fire weapon though. 

But like others have said, you might as well play both lol