"The Friend Zone" Trophy bugged

YesImAPwnda

I played for about 4 hours last night with a friend and the trophy didn't pop for me. He was on PC and I was on Ps5 though so maybe that has something to do with it? Hopefully when I can get into a game with my Ps5 friends it'll pop, or at least I hope so.

22 hours ago, Zingoman06 said:

I played for about 4 hours last night with a friend and the trophy didn't pop for me. He was on PC and I was on Ps5 though so maybe that has something to do with it? Hopefully when I can get into a game with my Ps5 friends it'll pop, or at least I hope so.

Played with 3 other PS5 player 1 of them in my friendlist but still no trophy. Also didn't matter if I’m the leader or not.

Edited by YesImAPwnda
  • Like 1

It's possible it isn't popping if you already earned it on another platform! My two friends got the trophy when the match began, but I didn't on PS5. On BattleNet, the achievement auto-popped for me when I signed on. I was able to meet the conditions for Moira and didn't get her trophies. Hopefully they fix and enable auto pop.

2 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

It’s not possible to get the Trophy for me. Anyone else with this Bug or does anyone has a workaround? 

guess no friendzone for me 1f440.png

I got it after a dozen games or so with a friend. Very buggy/delayed. I also posted "huge Rez" trophy is bugged in a bad way too.

Edited by FallenKingdom

I'm pretty sure it's because it's tied to the "Man and Omnic" spray in game. I use to play on Xbox and I got the Achievement there, but when I started playing on PS4 and linked my Blizzard account that spray carried over and locked me out of getting the trophy.

I've been fighting with getting this trophy for years in OW1.

Edited by Nin10doMatt
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nin10doMatt said:

I'm pretty sure it's because it's tied to the "Man and Omnic" spray in game. I use to play on Xbox and I got the Achievement there, but when I started playing on PS4 and linked my Blizzard account that spray carried over and locked me out of getting the trophy.

I've been fighting with getting this trophy for years in OW1.

I had trouble unlocking it aswell. try quik play role que played 1 game and it unlocked for me 

22 hours ago, AMKrishnan said:

I've played with 3 friends for over an hour (one of them for over 3). Reassuring to hear it's not just me who can't get this popped.

I had trouble unlocking it aswell. try quik play role que played 1 game and it unlocked for me 

Bugged for me too. I came from OW2 as many of you, with 100% on that one.

New list for ps5, ok. Got my OW profile transfered, no problem at all. Trophies popping up normally, except Friend Zone. if they dont work on that, I tottally not bothering on getting the plat (as it will be impossible lol)

3 minutes ago, linkingSun said:

We’re they ps friends or battle net friends? Still trying to pop this one

PS friend he was on PS4 I was on PS5. We played about 5 matches together in quick play any role, nothing. We then jumped into role queue and it popped when the match started.

Edited by KettleDown

How I fix this bug.

You need go to

https://account.battle.net/connections

And unlink your psn account

Then you need to create blank battle net account, and link your psn to this account. Extra mobile number needed.

After this manipulation, your friend must invite you in game and select Role queue Quick match - it's important

When match start, trophy popped

After this, you can link again your psn to main battle net account!

2 hours ago, darksoul21121 said:

How I fix this bug.

You need go to

Then you need to create blank battle net account, and link your psn to this account. Extra mobile number needed.

After this manipulation, your friend must invite you in game and select Role queue Quick match - it's important

Seems like way too much steps for a trophy that theyll hopefully fix soon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darksoul21121 said:

How I fix this bug.

You need go to

There’s a years warning that pops up before unlinking your account though. I’m not gonna unlink my account and have to wait a year to use it again just for a trophy.

2 minutes ago, linkingSun said:

There’s a years warning that pops up before unlinking your account though. I’m not gonna unlink my account and have to wait a year to use it again just for a trophy.

Years warning for another psn, you can link same psn again

Edited by darksoul21121
  • Like 1

On 13/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, darksoul21121 said:

How I fix this bug.

You need go to

Ok I’ve tested out your method and I can confirm that this works! I just got my trophy and linked back to my original battle net account no problem.

So I thank you for that my friend!

On 15.10.2022 at 11:12 AM, linkingSun said:

Ok I’ve tested out your method and I can confirm that this works! I just got my trophy and linked back to my original battle net account no problem.

So I thank you for that my friend!

but when u unlink your psn account u must wait a 365 days for link new or no ?

Edited by Pikczuu

On 16/10/2022 at 2:26 PM, Pikczuu said:

but when u unlink your psn account u must wait a 365 days for link new or no ?

No you can just unlink the new account and then link back your original account.

I did it no problem and my stats etc were all the same so no issues there

• Like 1