Trophies to Fight Cancer 2022

I was wondering if this event was going to come back this year.

Sign me up please.

I would like to donate again a fixed amount.

For orange I got Hot Wheels Unleashed picked out (without DLC, I'd rather donate that money xD), it's currently in progress, but I will have to find something for pink in my backlog. :hmm:

I'm only planning on doing one of each color.

For reference:

Lca1fd6.png

• Like 2

@Starrk_01 that thumbnail has enough orange and pink in it to pass for either color. Tbh I'm still not exactly sure how much stricter I plan to be. Last year, I vaguely remember seeing someone get away with Far Cry 3 for orange and I don't think I'll be passing either version of the game this year. I want to be lenient and let people score, but some things that passed last year were a bit of a stretch. I'm sorry I can't give more of a concrete answer but at the same time, feel free to wait for a bit before committing. Maybe you'll get a better idea from just watching me judge.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

@Starrk_01 that thumbnail has enough orange and pink in it to pass for either color. Tbh I'm still not exactly sure how much stricter I plan to be. Last year, I vaguely remember seeing someone get away with Far Cry 3 for orange and I don't think I'll be passing either version of the game this year. I want to be lenient and let people score, but some things that passed last year were a bit of a stretch. I'm sorry I can't give more of a concrete answer but at the same time, feel free to wait for a bit before committing. Maybe you'll get a better idea from just watching me judge.

It's cool. You answered my question. One other question, you are just counting base game plats and 100% right? No just DLC?

40 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

Your probably thinking of me with this: 

L42b971.png

I’ll be sure to pick games that are more definitive this time around. I’m signing up early this time. Not waiting until the last week. I’ll probably end up making another donation to Saint Jude’s too. 

Lol I think there were some much worse ones, as in I said no and Grave overruled me.

1 hour ago, postofficebuddy said:

Your probably thinking of me with this: 

L42b971.png

I’ll be sure to pick games that are more definitive this time around. I’m signing up early this time. Not waiting until the last week. I’ll probably end up making another donation to Saint Jude’s too. 

Lol I can see where you were going with this one, but I don't want to count it this year. This one is definitely close though. Good example (of what won't count), so thank you for that.

1 hour ago, Starrk_01 said:

One other question, you are just counting base game plats and 100% right? No just DLC?

That is correct. No just DLC.

Edited by kindajustin

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Hello!

Will you count this?  It has a red-orange-yellow scheme with flames in the background.  A bit difficult to see due to the colors blending together so wasn't sure if it's passable. If so, I know what I'll be focusing on...

Yes it counts for either color. Definitely some pink in the word "Orochi" as well as orange in the thumbnail too.

I Am Intrested In This But I Am Slightly Confused To The Colors. I Do Have In Mind Some Games Ima 100% but Am Doing For Another Forum And They Are Below 80% Completion. Would That Be Ok To Double Dip On It Or No? I Wont Be Able To Donate But Ill Play For The Awareness. Also EDIT: Does PS3 and Vita Games Count?

Edited by El_Tigre_Eterno
Thought Of More To Ask

4 hours ago, El_Tigre_Eterno said:

I Am Intrested In This But I Am Slightly Confused To The Colors. I Do Have In Mind Some Games Ima 100% but Am Doing For Another Forum And They Are Below 80% Completion. Would That Be Ok To Double Dip On It Or No? I Wont Be Able To Donate But Ill Play For The Awareness. Also EDIT: Does PS3 and Vita Games Count?

Going from past experience if you have games that you can do for multiple events then great, do them. They would still count for this event assuming the other criteria is followed. And yeah PS3/Vita still counts.

On 2022-10-06 at 10:32 PM, kindajustin said:

You can play games you've stacked before, but you cannot stack the same trophy list (same thumbnail) twice for the event. (example: only pop one sound shapes plat, doing all 6 will only count as 1).

What if the trophy thumbnail on PS5 looks different than that on PS4?

Hey - I’m in (of course!)

Most likely won’t have quite as many as last time, (I probably used up quite a few of my Pink/ Orange games last year!), but will hopefully find a few that qualify.

I’m currently doing Tunic, which seems okay for orange?

Laed7bb.png

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Hey there! I was wondering if I could run a couple of thumbnails past you all to get your opinion before I go for the platinums/100% on them :)

L521beb.pngLe0676b.png

Dead or School I can see is VERY CLOSE to Cerise in Pink. Cult of the Lamb however I'm not sure about, the area in queston is the redish/pinkish colour above the title of the game.

Here is a bigger image of the thumbnail for a closer look.

Cult-of-the-Lamb-Key-Art-43fe.jpg?qualit

Edited by Sylvanticore

8 hours ago, El_Tigre_Eterno said:

Yes that is okay as long as they have below 80% completion rarity. And also yes any trophy-earning platforms count, so the PS3 and Vita are okay.

8 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

I have a couple I’d like to check to make sure they qualify. 
L2b805f.png

L0cf841.png

The Wolf Among Us is good for orange. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is no good.

2 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Hi, I like to join, but I have one question.

Do "100% only"  lists count towards the event or must the list have a platinum trophy?

100% only lists are fine as long as they meet the other criteria.

2 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

What if the trophy thumbnail on PS5 looks different than that on PS4?

Rule still applies as stated. Only 1 stack will count regardless of different thumbnails.

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hey - I’m in (of course!)

Most likely won’t have quite as many as last time, (I probably used up quite a few of my Pink/ Orange games last year!), but will hopefully find a few that qualify.

I’m currently doing Tunic, which seems okay for orange?

Laed7bb.png

Yes, this works for orange. I also see enough pink tbh, it passes for either color.

1 hour ago, Sylvanticore said:

Hey there! I was wondering if I could run a couple of thumbnails past you all to get your opinion before I go for the platinums/100% on them :)

L521beb.pngLe0676b.png

Dead or School I can see is VERY CLOSE to Cerise in Pink. Cult of the Lamb however I'm not sure about, the area in queston is the redish/pinkish colour above the title of the game.

Dead or School is good for pink. Cult of the Lamb is another close call but I'm gonna have to say no. It just looks red in my honest opinion.

• Like 4

Hello Friends, I believe I have a game that will count for pink, starting of with an easy one Life is Strange: True Colors (67.7%) on the PS4

L07e54b.png

I acknowledge that this pink is a product of colours mixing, but if we imagine that it's lights mixing, Blue + Red = Magenta... so emotion that is being represented is... Sad + Angry = Sangry

SANGRY!

(if anyone's interested, I picked Ryan again because he's adorable)

Also, I'd like to check XIII, because I look at this man and worry he's had too many carrots

Ldd3c3c.png

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, s68sc said:

Count me in, I hope I can donate something at end of this, I still don't know if this game works. 

L286cd2.png

Last year this was accepted for orange for me as far as I remember, if that's anything to go by. 

Speaking of orange, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time done. 

L067bc0.png

Hopefully I'll get another one done soon in between the Halo games. 

• Like 2

Hey guys.

Great cause - would love to join in, if I have time to do one or two in the deadline. 

I'm part of the Attack on Completion event this year so reluctant to start anything new so late in the year. However do we think this would count?

Le64bcd.png

If not, then that's fair but it's what I'm working on at the moment. Thoughts?