Trophies to Fight Cancer 2022

39 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

What did you think of it?  I have it waiting in the wings.  Just debating whether to give it a shot for this event.

Not good, i’m afraid.

Bit of a let down all round. Great look, (cut scenes especially) and a few good puzzles, but the combat is flat as a pancake, and while the story is fine in concept, the dialogue is pretty lousy, undercutting it.

Just saw this on the front page and would love to join! Already got a few completed games finished retroactively:

Orange 1: Pic-a-pix Pieces 2 (Vita) (8. Oct)

L90fe83.png

Orange 2: Bubble Shooter FX (12. Oct)

L6d1b3b.png

Pink 1: Puyo Puyo Tetris (18. Oct)

L3eef89.png

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 4:29 PM, postofficebuddy said:

Would this one count for pink? the part to the right and below the window. Absolutely love this game. An RPG maker classic. 
Lf47468.png

This game would not work for pink. Sorry, nothing against the game itself, I'm sure it's a great one.

16 hours ago, zid2016 said:

L5508b1.png

Does this work for pink ?

This also would not work for pink. This image, whatever game it's tied to, wouldn't pass for either color. Just a heads up.

---

Other than that, there was nothing else to deny. Everyone should be on the scoreboard accordingly. As always, please let me know if I've made a mistake. And thank you to all for participating as well.

• Like 2

The gaming crisis continues, long break and just one addition... Well, hopefully, if it counts for orange. The Medium. Collectibles aside (they should get cancer, every last one of them), not as bad as I thought it would be. Also, I used to live pretty close to the location shown in the opening, and I was passing through there quite often in the period the game is set. Weird. I could be an NPC I guess. 

Le04e37.png

• Like 1

On 08/10/2022 at 8:26 PM, breakingthegreen said:

Also, I'd like to check XIII, because I look at this man and worry he's had too many carrots

Ldd3c3c.png

Hello again friends, I've finally beaten that there XIII (22.65%) remake on PS4 for orange, and it was surprisingly alright after all the negative things I'd heard about it, but I got the steelbook for only £9 and for this game, I'd say that's pretty acceptable, I did play with all the patches that fix the artstyle and glitches, so maybe if I played the base version I'd be alot less kind.

31 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Seriously?  You're saying something like that in a thread dedicated to raising money in an attempt to help combat the very thing you're making stupid jokes about?

Idiot.

I agree, it was a stupid choice of phrase considering the purpose of this event, but we shouldn't go too hard on him, I think. It was a bad slip of the tongue/typing and he should have known his audience better, but of course he didn't mean any ill will with it. 

• Like 1

I was going to change my mind on joining this event if I could find a game I like with orange in its title and one which had pink in its title and I could finish in one month. I had an orange idea, but sadly the pink idea was not coming. The only idea I'd have for pink would be Disgaea 5 and that would take me two months to platinum unless I played nothing else. (The orange idea was Castlevania: Requiem as it has orange in the title and I was going to platinum it for #60 on Halloween anyways.)

5 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Seriously?  You're saying something like that in a thread dedicated to raising money in an attempt to help combat the very thing you're making stupid jokes about?

Idiot.

You're literally saying I'm an idiot because I said collectibles in a game should get cancer? Would clouds getting hit by a train offend you as well? We're obviously very different people, and while I consider cancer or any other sickness to be a part of life (even though my grandfather died of cancer a few years ago and there's a relatively big chance I'll end up having cancer as well), a pretty bad part of it, it's not a reason to not have some... I don't know, distance towards it? 

We are playing video games here. For a good cause, but still. The whole activity is just as trivial compared to cancer as my probably bad joke. And I don't think the collectibles would mind anyway. 

And please don't respond - I really don't wanna derail this thread just because someone said something, someone got so offended. Seriously ?

23 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/4bd888/L39eeaa.png

@kindajustin Do Hotline Miami 1 and 2 fit the criteria for both?

Hotline Miami 1 is good for pink. Hotline Miami 2 is good for either color.

On 10/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Getting pretty close to the halfway point and just say that you are doing a great job @kindajustin. Keep up the great work!

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:05 PM, Taruta13 said:

I was going to change my mind on joining this event if I could find a game I like with orange in its title and one which had pink in its title and I could finish in one month. I had an orange idea, but sadly the pink idea was not coming. The only idea I'd have for pink would be Disgaea 5 and that would take me two months to platinum unless I played nothing else. (The orange idea was Castlevania: Requiem as it has orange in the title and I was going to platinum it for #60 on Halloween anyways.)

One game is still better than none. Don't feel pressured to have one of each color or anything like that.

---

And everyone's totals should be updated up to this post.