DeadBird101

PlayStation Stars “Hit Play/1994” Trophy

42 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Downloaded and launched the PS5 Director’s Cut of Death Stranding; credit towards the quest was given before the logos were even done popping up. Seems to imply the PS4 version does not count, but at least the Director’s Cut version is available on PS+, same as all the other games (just takes some more work to find, since by default searching “Death Stranding” will spit out the PS4 version; have to scroll over a bit to find the PS5 edition.)

 

I think we can thus confirm the list as being ReturnalDeath Stranding: Director’s Cut (PS5), Uncharted 4 (PS4 version), Detroit: Become HumanUntil Dawn and Heavy Rain.

 

Now we just need someone to check and see if it counts to launch the PS3 version of Heavy Rain. 🤣 Kidding. I’m sure it doesn’t track that far back. Unless…

I just launched the physical PS4 version of Death Stranding and it counted immediately, didn't even have to play.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only game left to confirm is Uncharted: The Legacy of Thieves collection (PS5) which includes Uncharted 4. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that for Death Stranding, it unlocked within 5 seconds on the PS5 version of the game. 

 

By the time I got to the Playstation Studios logo, I had it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all of them, Death Stranding gave me a little trouble. Tried booting up on PSNow twice and nothing clicked, downloaded the PS5  version and it popped when I booted it. The program definitely still needs some kinks rubbed out.

Edited by hailurez
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2022 at 5:02 PM, Jermster_91 said:

I can confirm that for Death Stranding, it unlocked within 5 seconds on the PS5 version of the game. 

 

By the time I got to the Playstation Studios logo, I had it.

Thank you!! For confirmation. i tried launching the PS4 digital version of Death Stranding, and I did not unlock for me. In case anyone is curious. I have everything unlocked. Here was my setup.


Console: PS5-physical version

Returnal: PS5 digital

Death Stranding Director’s Cut: PS5 Digital

Uncharted 4: PS4 Digital

Detroit: PS4 Digital

Until Dawn: PS4 Digital 

Heavy Rain: PS4 Digital 

 

For each game I went to the title screen and closed/ quit out of the game. I didn’t have to start a new game or load an existing save. Thank you to all who helped and provided feedback!

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DeadBird101 said:

Thank you!! For confirmation. i tried launching the PS4 digital version of Death Stranding, and I did not unlock for me. In case anyone is curious. I have everything unlocked. Here was my setup.


Console: PS5-physical version

Returnal: PS5 digital

Death Stranding Director’s Cut: PS5 Digital

Uncharted 4: PS4 Digital

Detroit: PS4 Digital

Until Dawn: PS4 Digital 

Heavy Rain: PS4 Digital 

 

For each game I went to the title screen and closed/ quit out of the game. I didn’t have to start a new game or load an existing save. Thank you to all who helped and provided feedback!

 

 

 

That’s exactly my setup as well. If it matters any or provides any additional info to anyone, I did Returnal via download on PS+, Death Stranding: Director’s Cut as a digital purchase (after trying both PS+ streaming and digital purchase downloading the standard PS4 edition), and the other four as PS+ streaming (though I do own all of them, Heavy Rain and Detroit via normal purchase, Uncharted and Until Dawn via PS+ monthly offerings.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console: PS5-physical version

Returnal: PS5 digital (from plus)

Death Stranding Director’s Cut: PS5 Digital (from plus)

Uncharted 4: PS4 Digital (from plus)

Detroit: PS4 Digital (from plus)

Until Dawn: PS4 Digital (from plus)

Heavy Rain: PS4 Digital (from plus)

 

(Im sure i own some of these from plus on previous years but I went into the plus catalogue to download them)

 

was my setup and all worked within a few seconds of being on the title screen, I let it set on death stranding ps4 (from plus) for several hours yesterday and it didnt count for what thats worth

Edited by SpaceIsDandy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed was that if you start the games on a PS5 compared, to a PS4, it unlocked pretty fast. Might not matter for some but it could save you some time.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just finished loading up all the games and my tracker shows 100% now, but it did not unlock the collectible for me.

 

Did anyone else run into this issue and if so how did you fix it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, it was like that:

 

Returnal (PS5 - Physical Media) - triggered as started the game
Death Stranding - * don't have it, but I'm willing to buy the PS5 Director's Cut version *

Uncharted 4 (PS4 - Physical Media) - triggered as started the game
Detroit: Become Human (PS4 - Physical Media) - triggered as started the game

Until Dawn (PS4 - Physical Media) - triggered as started the game

Heavy Rain (PS4 - Physical Media) - triggered as started the game

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropping in to confirm that vanilla Death Stranding from PS+ Extra on PS4 DOES count towards Hit Play/1994!

 

I simply downloaded the game, went to to the title screen and left it there for 2-3 minutes and quit the game. I checked to make sure it was on my trophy list and opened PS App on my phone to confirm that it appeared under "Recently played" and it did, as well as giving me 20% completion towards Hit Play/1994.

 

For what it's worth, I do NOT own a PS5 and do not have the requirement to launch Returnal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be less confusing if y'all stated that you were using PS+Extra or PS+Premium, as PS+Essential does not grant access to Returnal or Death Stranding Director's Cut.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There appears to be this bug where certain games aren't being recognised by the system or the app itself, I was able to get Until Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, and Death stranding PS5 version by simply downloading them digitally , I inserted the Returnal Physical Disc and soon as it was playable ie the playable part and not the full download it all worked flawlessly within seconds of launching all these games. I then install Uncharted 4 Physical and soon as it was playable I launched it and nothing mind you it wasn't fully downloaded so it wouldn't even let me play the story or online anyhow I gave it time to fully download and for the next say roughly 4-5 hours of me playing around deleting/re-installing, downloading old save, switching games, going through some of other games in the list again but simply just launching them nothing was working, I then downloaded the PS+ version and instantly I get a notification on my phone saying I had earned the "Press play: 1994.

 

I really hope this is a bug and that this Is an issue on their end that they need to resolve, I cant imagine them expecting us to have digital copies of these games that would just be absurd, 5/6 games that worked for me where digital with Returnal being the exception also I wish I had tried the DS physical ps4 version to see if that would have caused an issue but still going forward I hope I am not to be required to have digital copies of these games to get the digital dioramas/rewards.

 

I am curious to know if others are experiencing these issues and maybe downloading digital copy instead of physical or vice versa helped resolve these issues.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I have to have platinum or at least one trophy for this? My Death Stranding item don't go to 100%

 

*PS4 Physical copy

Edited by RafaelBCastro
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RafaelBCastro said:

Do I have to have platinum or at least one trophy for this? My Death Stranding item don't go to 100%

 

*PS4 Physical copy

 

You definitely don’t need to have the Platinum; I don’t have the Plat for Death StrandingUncharted 4 or Detroit, but they all still registered. I don’t think you need to have a trophy, since when I finally got it to register Death Stranding, it was the PS5 Director’s Cut, which I have no trophies in.

 

Death Stranding seems to have been an issue for a lot of people. Some say the PS4 version counts, some say it doesn’t. I’m in the latter camp; the PS4 version did nothing (twice), while the PS5 version unlocked the collectible progress before the studio logos had even left the screen. I am beginning to suspect the PS4 version “counts” if you have not registered a PS5 to your Profile, while if you have, you need the PS5 version (similar to how Returnal doesn’t seem to be required if you don’t have a PS5), but I have no concrete evidence of that, yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ashande said:

 

You definitely don’t need to have the Platinum; I don’t have the Plat for Death StrandingUncharted 4 or Detroit, but they all still registered. I don’t think you need to have a trophy, since when I finally got it to register Death Stranding, it was the PS5 Director’s Cut, which I have no trophies in.

 

Death Stranding seems to have been an issue for a lot of people. Some say the PS4 version counts, some say it doesn’t. I’m in the latter camp; the PS4 version did nothing (twice), while the PS5 version unlocked the collectible progress before the studio logos had even left the screen. I am beginning to suspect the PS4 version “counts” if you have not registered a PS5 to your Profile, while if you have, you need the PS5 version (similar to how Returnal doesn’t seem to be required if you don’t have a PS5), but I have no concrete evidence of that, yet.

 

All others, except Returnal, I had on PS4 (physical copy). I'll wait a little more days, and if it don't register, I'll try the PS5 Director's Cut version.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.