I’d avoid the 4.0 update for the time being.

cobaltTangerine

Just a heads up, I played the 4.0 update for an hour or so. Upgrading your suit only upgrades the cargo space and doesn’t allow the ability to upgrade technology space. I’ve also seen videos of the ship and suit not upgrading when people purchase upgrades. Seems like a really janky update that personally I’m going to wait on a few patches for before jumping back in. Good news is there will potentially be a TON of extra storage space. The storage containers have doubled in size and your cargo stacks are on par with the previous storage container stacks.

EDIT: It seems like the first few patches have updated the inventory upgrades, allowing you to place your upgrade in the Tech spot, which is the most important on both your ship and exosuit. Also, with all the options to change difficulty options etc. in settings, a very easy Plat just got very easier.

Edited by cobaltTangerine

10 hours ago, cobaltTangerine said:

Just a heads up, I played the 4.0 update for an hour or so. Upgrading your suit only upgrades the cargo space and doesn’t allow the ability to upgrade technology space. I’ve also seen videos of the ship and suit not upgrading when people purchase upgrades. Seems like a really janky update that personally I’m going to wait on a few patches for before jumping back in. Good news is there will potentially be a TON of extra storage space. The storage containers have doubled in size and your cargo stacks are on par with the previous storage container stacks.

They reduced the price of ship storage augmentation and suit upgrades significantly, which is a nice touch. I can agree they may need to fix some bugs with this update.

26 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Regarding the new difficulty settings: Do they really hand out items you need for upgrading technology for free now in the marketplace?

If you pick the right settings before starting a new non-Permadeath game, you can unlock everything from the get-go, except for the Quicksilver items :). Other than some weirdness with the inventory controls and technology damage levels, I'm loving this update but haven't had much time to play around with it, because I'm nose deep in writing a new trophy guide for Attack on Titan 2. Also, yesterday's 4.03 patch fixes the inability to upgrade your tech slots but there is still apparently an issue with getting certain upgrades to play nice with each other.

I've updated my Guide on .org to be compatible with the 4.03 patch and included some recommended settings for those players who are starting from scratch. 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If you pick the right settings before starting a new non-Permadeath game, you can unlock everything from the get-go, except for the Quicksilver items :). Other than some weirdness with the inventory controls and technology damage levels, I'm loving this update but haven't had much time to play around with it, because I'm nose deep in writing a new trophy guide for Attack on Titan 2. Also, yesterday's 4.03 patch fixes the inability to upgrade your tech slots but there is still apparently an issue with getting certain upgrades to play nice with each other.

I've updated my Guide on .org to be compatible with the 4.03 patch and included some recommended settings for those players who are starting from scratch. 

I've seen it and it is a very good guide my friend! Love the work that went into it. I've seen the options to bypass the need to buy certain items but somehow, it feels like cheating ?. Warping everywhere without caring about fuel? That feels weird. The same applies to having all the blueprints and making items cheaper. I guess it is a good update for some players, it just feels kinda odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

I've seen it and it is a very good guide my friend! Love the work that went into it. I've seen the options to bypass the need to buy certain items but somehow, it feels like cheating 1f605.png. Warping everywhere without caring about fuel? That feels weird. The same applies to having all the blueprints and making items cheaper. I guess it is a good update for some players, it just feels kinda odd.

Thank you, I've worked hard on it :).

• Like 1

On 9.10.2022 at 8:24 PM, HuntingFever said:

Does the method for "The Sentinel" from your guide still work in v4.x? I found an extreme planet (radiation) and tried to stay in my own base, but as soon as i enter my base, the counter in the menu stops. Once i step back outside, it continues to increase again. Same result with a natural cave. Maybe I have to try it again on a planet with aggressive sentinels?

Additionally, it seems like they changed the stat description in the options menu. It now counts minutes (but not real minutes) survived instead of Sols?

I just hope they didn't "fix" the counter still increasing when you're indoors...

5 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Does the method for "The Sentinel" from your guide still work in v4.x? I found an extreme planet (radiation) and tried to stay in my own base, but as soon as i enter my base, the counter in the menu stops. Once i step back outside, it continues to increase again. Same result with a natural cave. Maybe I have to try it again on a planet with aggressive sentinels?

Additionally, it seems like they changed the stat description in the options menu. It now counts minutes (but not real minutes) survived instead of Sols?

I just hope they didn't "fix" the counter still increasing when you're indoors...

That's weird, I did some testing after the 4.02 patch went live and everything seemed fine but it sounds like I need to go back to the drawing board and re-check some things ?.

UPDATE 1: I've rechecked some things but it's not looking good, though I still have to check out a couple of things.

UPDATE 2: Unfortunately, all the old tricks have been fixed, which means you have to do it the hard way, unless you turn off Environmental damage, disable all damage, reduce enemy strength to Weak and make all creatures Passive.

UPDATE 3: It now takes 15hrs to get The Sentinel trophy, which is up from the 8-9hrs it used to take.

I have now updated my Guide to account for these changes. PS: Please let me know when the Stranger in a Strange Land trophy pops so I can update the Guide with the correct unlock info :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That's weird, I did some testing after the 4.02 patch went live and everything seemed fine but it sounds like I need to go back to the drawing board and re-check some things 1f914.png.

UPDATE 1: I've rechecked some things but it's not looking good, though I still have to check out a couple of things.

UPDATE 2: Unfortunately, all the old tricks have been fixed, which means you have to do it the hard way, unless you turn off Environmental damage, disable all damage, reduce enemy strength to Weak and make all creatures Passive.

UPDATE 3: It now takes 15hrs to get The Sentinel trophy, which is up from the 8-9hrs it used to take.

I have now updated my Guide to account for these changes. PS: Please let me know when the Stranger in a Strange Land trophy pops so I can update the Guide with the correct unlock info :).

Alright, so does it mean that I still can sit in a cave or building, I just have to wait longer (15 hours)?

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

7 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Alright, so does it mean that I still can sit in a cave or building, I just have to wait longer (15 hours)?

Sitting in a cave doesn't work either. I tried this. As soon as the conditions stabilize in the cave the counter stops.

@HuntingFever What is the "hard way" you described? The guide on .org still recommends the base and cave methods.

The easy way has worked for years and as soon as i start the game, they fix this method... ?

Edited by proud2bNs

1 hour ago, proud2bNs said:

Sitting in a cave doesn't work either. I tried this. As soon as the conditions stabilize in the cave the counter stops.

@HuntingFever What is the "hard way" you described? The guide on .org still recommends the base and cave methods.

The easy way has worked for years and as soon as i start the game, they fix this method... 1f602.png

The Hard way is the old fashioned way we had to do it before the now fixed exploits were found i.e. find an Extreme planet and try to stay alive long enough to get the trophies, though at least now you don't have to worry about death resetting your stats.

9 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

You have to be outside the entire time, because staying in any kind of shelter, voids the trophy :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Oh damn, looks like I have to delete all of the patches, since I own the physical release and try it like that.

Edit: This doesn't work as the game doesn't even recognize the old save. The disc version is 2.01, the latest patch was 4.04. So I guess I start a new save on the old version and try the old method.

Edited by Gommes_

After doing some additional testing, the Survival tracking indicates it will take 100's of in-game hours to get but only approx 5 or so real time hours.

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

Oh damn, looks like I have to delete all of the patches, since I own the physical release and try it like that.

Edit: This doesn't work as the game doesn't even recognize the old save. The disc version is 2.01, the latest patch was 4.04. So I guess I start a new save on the old version and try the old method.

You can't downgrade and use the same saves, because everytime there's a save system overhaul, it becomes impossible to use them with earlier versions of the game but as I posted a few minutes ago, the survival trophies are a lot easier than I previously thought so downgrading isn't needed :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

33 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

kinda disappointed in this release.... with all the levels of customization I thought it might actually be possible to start a permadeath game without having to do the storyline for the billionth time..no such luck

You can disable the tutorial though, which skips the first 2-3 hours of the game but that's it.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

After doing some additional testing, the Survival tracking indicates it will take 100's of in-game hours to get but only approx 5 or so real time hours.

You can't downgrade and use the same saves, because everytime there's a save system overhaul, it becomes impossible to use them with earlier versions of the game but as I posted a few minutes ago, the survival trophies are a lot easier than I previously thought so downgrading isn't needed :).

I think one minute in game is equal to one second IRL. You have to stay alive for 18720 in game minutes. This means i have to run around like an idiot on an extreme planet for 5.2 hours + the time needed to recharge my protection in a base?

#FML

This is much worse than keep your console running overnight...

EDIT: Or can i turn off environmental damage completely in the difficulty options?

EDIT2: Yes, you can. Oh wow, didn't know that!!! You can turn off everything that could harm you, including environmental damage and the counter still increases. This game's difficulty is a joke now. WHY THE **** DID I GRIND ALL MATERIALS, WHEN YOU CAN BUILD EVERYTHING FOR FREE??? :D

Edited by proud2bNs

On 17/10/2022 at 3:55 PM, proud2bNs said:

I think one minute in game is equal to one second IRL. You have to stay alive for 18720 in game minutes. This means i have to run around like an idiot on an extreme planet for 5.2 hours + the time needed to recharge my protection in a base?

#FML

This is much worse than keep your console running overnight...

EDIT: Or can i turn off environmental damage completely in the difficulty options?

EDIT2: Yes, you can. Oh wow, didn't know that!!! You can turn off everything that could harm you, including environmental damage and the counter still increases. This game's difficulty is a joke now. WHY THE **** DID I GRIND ALL MATERIALS, WHEN YOU CAN BUILD EVERYTHING FOR FREE??? :D

That's why I added those to the list of recommended settings in my Guide, because it makes the Plat and 100%, very easy once you know what you're doing :).

Update 1: With how things are progressing, it may well still take 8-9hrs to get both trophies.

Update 2: I now have mostly concrete numbers for the 2 Extreme Survival Trophies - You need to spend 30 Sols/27,000 in-game minutes to get the first one but 52 Sols/43,200 in-game minutes to get the second one. I still need to do more testing but I'm very close to having the final numbers :).

Update 3: The final numbers are in and I wasn't that far off: You need to spend 30 Sols/27,000 in-game minutes to get the first one but 48 Sols/43,200 in-game minutes to get the second one. I still need to do more testing but I'm very close to having the final numbers :). Unfortunately, these changes mean it now takes approx 13hrs to get both trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 17.10.2022 at 6:29 PM, HuntingFever said:

Update 3: The final numbers are in and I wasn't that far off: You need to spend 30 Sols/27,000 in-game minutes to get the first one but 48 Sols/43,200 in-game minutes to get the second one. I still need to do more testing but I'm very close to having the final numbers :). Unfortunately, these changes mean it now takes approx 13hrs to get both trophies.

Got the trophies yesterday and yeah, those numbers are correct (for me it was 1 second per minute, so if you do it from scratch it would be 12 hours in my playthrough).

On the bright side: You can disable the environmental damages in the options and just leave the PS4 on overnight (relaxed mode).

On 17.10.2022 at 6:29 PM, HuntingFever said:

1 hour ago, SwissLeviathan90 said:

Got the trophies yesterday and yeah, those numbers are correct (for me it was 1 second per minute, so if you do it from scratch it would be 12 hours in my playthrough).

On the bright side: You can disable the environmental damages in the options and just leave the PS4 on overnight (relaxed mode).

I can confirm the numbers, too. I estimate that it takes around 9-10 hours to unlock the last milestone.