Tournament Fighers (GEN) - Triceraton fight keeps repeating?

So, I was using the trophy guide, got al lthe way to the fight with Triceraton. Did the trick by hitting start right before the match starts, beat 2p, but then it replayed the cutscene and went right back to Triceraton fight. Figured ok, let me try again, same thing. Finally said screw it, I'll just beat him legit, but it did the same thing again!

I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of fighting Triceraton. Any idea how to get out of it?

On 10/9/2022 at 3:30 PM, BritTwit said:

So, I was using the trophy guide, got al lthe way to the fight with Triceraton. Did the trick by hitting start right before the match starts, beat 2p, but then it replayed the cutscene and went right back to Triceraton fight. Figured ok, let me try again, same thing. Finally said screw it, I'll just beat him legit, but it did the same thing again!

I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of fighting Triceraton. Any idea how to get out of it?

18 hours ago, BacklogGamer964 said:

I'm stuck in the same loop too. Really fustrating.

This might be a dumb question (and feel free to tell me so) but did you both make sure to turn on the 'Playable Bosses' option in the Enhancements menu before starting the playthrough? 

Also, did you both make sure to put it on the highest difficulty setting? Maybe that affects it?

Is the 2nd controller using another PSN account or a guest account? Maybe if it's a guest account, that's the issue?

Otherwise, I'm honestly not sure. Never experienced this myself or even heard of this potential issue before.

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information

Yeah, did everything just as the guide said. I think what did it is that I may have hit start before the Triceraton stage loaded up. I ended up just restarting from the beginning and got it to to work the second time. I think if you bork it once, you're just screwed and have to start over.