Here's the name for this genre...

Pneumatic

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Wait until you find out that lots of these games are purchased just once on a share account and they're passed around to dozens of people for free.

While that was true at one point, there's no way you can be competitive at the top of the leaderboard doing that anymore with how much garbage is released every day. Even with the removal of how often you can change primary PS4, missing out on a single day will never be able to compete with someone who buys everything themselves to plat immediately. It's more reasonable with expensive EZPZ's though.

Edit: besides the original point remains. These "games" are clearly making enough money to sustain a torrent of shit. Cut that off and they're not going to keep releasing stuff that doesn't make back the cost to publish it.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

cuz they're public?

this wasn't a private message between 2 or more whiny ppl

Yeah but there are hundreds of active topics and hundreds of new posts everyday, sometimes every hour. Then there's status updates, and off topic etc.

Post pics of your pets, your tattoos, and then there's all the topics for each individual game. There's so much to read here.

All of that is public too.

It takes a quite a concerted effort to read a topic, then reply back to it, and then do the same for every single topic that is like this.

If I can manage to ignore 99% of the site that doesn't interest me, I am pretty sure others can do the same.

Doing nothing should be the easiest thing in the world, even easier than 2 minute platinum games in fact.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah but there are hundreds of active topics and hundreds of new posts everyday, sometimes every hour. Then there's status updates, and off topic etc.

Post pics of your pets, your tattoos, and then there's all the topics for each individual game. There's so much to read here.

All of that is public too.

It takes a quite a concerted effort to read a topic, then reply back to it, and then do the same for every single topic that is like this.

If I can manage to ignore 99% of the site that doesn't interest me, I am pretty sure others can do the same.

Doing nothing should be the easiest thing in the world, even easier than 2 minute platinum games in fact.

gotta love the irony

it literally takes MORE effort to crawl through random peoples (plural) profiles to see what they play and if they meet your imaginary standards of what a respectable profile looks like, AND post about it than it does to read/comment about said post

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

This has sooooooo been done to death. These 'games' suck. They've ruined the leaderboards.

So did Hannah Montana. And kids games in general. Then there were auto popped plats. Then Mayo.

Then we had Rat games and Sometimes You - and shockingly, those now look positively noble in comparison.

But you know what's worse? These threads. Its the same pointless arguments over and over. The games clog the new release list, and these threads clog the forums. And add nothing to improve the situation. Just more toxicity and negativity.

These threads are the real shame. Let's call them ShameThreads. If you've started and/or endorsed one, there's a definite stain on your profile.

Well-stated.

I’ve found those who win at trophy leaderboards lose at life.  And that was long BEFORE EZPZ’s.  It was always an exercise in futility fueled by wasted time and money.

There is a silver lining to the EZPZ craze.  It made some open their eyes and stop the leaderboard silliness.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

gotta love the irony

it literally takes MORE effort to crawl through random peoples (plural) profiles to see what they play and if they meet your imaginary standards of what a respectable profile looks like, AND post about it than it does to read/comment about said post

It doesn't look like you understand what irony is.

Anyway, I'm here of my own free will, as it's a subject that interests me. Which probably can't be said for yourself trying to cause conflict, not just in this thread.

Of course I never rise to it, but no doubt somebody else at some point will eventually get irate and then you'll get your wish of having a topic locked..

Also, I can assure you that opening up a new tab, copy and pasting a person's name into

https://psnprofiles.com/SOMEBODYNAMEHERE

and then pressing Page Down a couple of times, these games stuck out like a sore thumb and thanks for things like stacking 6-8 times in a row.

Takes 10-15 seconds of my time at best, barely any effort at all, unlike reading this topic and making this post.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Anyway, I'm here of my own free will, as it's a subject that interests me. Which probably can't be said for yourself trying to cause conflict, not just in this thread.

Of course I never rise to it, but no doubt somebody else at some point will eventually get irate and then you'll get your wish of having a topic locked..

not sure why u think that having a different opinion means I'm "looking for conflict"

last time I checked.. forums were a place for discussion. its not an echo chamber

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

If your hobby was football and your favorite team was deflating footballs it would be reasonable to discuss the legitimacy of that and what should be done or what direction the sport should go from there.

And after you point it out, someone else comes along and informs you that actually there are many ways you can play football. Deflating footballs isn't affecting your own game of football so why do you even care? Stop imposing your views on others.

Later on, you reconfirm your views and insist that it's all nonsense, but now you've been labelled and actually you're the problem.

Deflated footballs isn't going to go away anytime soon, stop making topics about the same thing over and over, we've heard it a million times by now, and nothing is gonna change despite your whining.

• Like 3

I think if the site just added some filter options to the leaderboard it would make a big difference for a lot of people. Leave the overall leaderboard as it is but allow people to filter it and compare to like-minded gamers. I think we can only filter by country at the moment but there could be an option to filter out autopops for example, or filter out these "shameware" titles or filter out stacks. Then people can see where they rank against others with similar interests and attitudes towards trophy hunting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeadDexterous said:

Regardless you'll never please everyone.

But these forums are the equivalent of someone giving all of their best political arguments to someone who is already voting for the same party as them.

Won't solve anything.

As long as people support (around 2000 people I guess) this trash here, its still worth bashing those games. Majority is against them, yes, but its still not everyone. This small part of members are sadly enough to make those games profitable. So you have to try convincing people to stop it. The less those publishers earn the better. 

I like the fact that you admit that those shovelware games ruin trophy hunting but them again your profile is full of them (ruined).

9 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Yeah, go ahead, bash the profile, get a few rep points for doing so bla bla 

Still better than collecting shovelware games, but Idc if I get upvotes or even being Reported.

Mate I honestly don't care, the people that care if I play these games didn't care about me before I played them.

now less people care about your normal games than before.

Ultimately the people you want to reach aren't sat reading this forum and probably never will. They are sat watching their favourite Youtuber earn numerous platinums per week and want to emulate that.

Well, it reached you. Maybe it reached more.... 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

8 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Ultimately the people you want to reach aren't sat reading this forum and probably never will. They are sat watching their favourite Youtuber earn numerous platinums per week and want to emulate that.

The forum has become a place for Snowflakes and most of the real Trophy Hunters have left for better places.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

not sure why u think that having a different opinion means I'm "looking for conflict"

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

It doesn't look like you understand what irony is.

Now now, there's no reason to start fighting over something like this.

It's entertaining though, so by all means keep it up!

Going to share a very unpopular opinion here but here goes my two cents

i have a few and had a few of the ratalika games also a few years ago. the reason i get them is when i need some fodder to make up the numbers so that my milestones can be game i want to see on my profile. i do agree that these jumping games are not really games, i feel like ratalaika had one or two that were actually alot of fun like full blast that comes to mind. 

i do feel like the more ridculous the games are the more i questions what the point but i do like that i look at my milestones and most are games i like having on my profile. the rest to me is just fodder i had some time and money to set up my profile the way i wanted it to look and thats ok. i wanted to do it that way and that should be up to me. 

as far as easy trophies go some games would be hard to judge coz everyone isnt the same. for other games it depends on the type of person and what they looking for, some people want plats and other people want wolfenstein 2 or ninja gaiden hell that takes work and a mad amount of commitment to get. it depends on the person. at a minimum i do feel like there needs to be some game to it but i still feel likes those games have served a purpose on my profile and to me thats ok

7 hours ago, djb5f said:

There is a silver lining to the EZPZ craze.  It made some open their eyes and stop the leaderboard silliness.

This I can personally relate to. All that EZPZ nonsense just made my mental health go downhill eventually. I decided to not care about that in the end, which is evident in how my profile has changed in the past 2 years.