Here's the name for this genre...

Pneumatic

Garbageware.

I'm not for a nanny state at all but there needs to be a fucking barrier of entry. 

These (games?) Are just embarrassing and clearly exploit people for whay they enjoy doing. I get that you could argue 'trophies are meaningless anyway' but this just devalues them even further.

Way to go Sony - you hold the key here.

36 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

There are people in this thread who come in to turn it into a shit show and I can assure you it's obvious who it is. If you could moderate people for baiting conflict instead of either letting the threads devolve into madness or shutting them down preemptively that would likely be the win for you and us

In an ideal world, the posts that do the baiting would be reported and the mods would then be alerted to them and can deal with them quickly, instead of being replied to which results in the thread turning into madness giving the mods the choice of either cleaning it up (a lengthy process) or locking it (a quick fix). The ones who take the bait and carry on the argument are just as guilty as the ones who start it.

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Hmm in this case, I kinda disagree, you didn't lock this thread, well done to you. And look what happened?

All the people who were being overtly antagonistic / irate have mostly stopped posting and now the thread has calmed down, back to how it was the first 24 hours. That seems like a win to me.

Whether this thread stays open or not, either way of course it is kinda pointless and a waste of time in all honesty.

However, that's not to say we're having a chat, a banter, a debate with random people on this site, even if nothing comes out of it at least we're having fun engaging with each other. This is of course a website about trophies, and trophies it is we are indeed talking about.

From herein, stopping this kind of banter is likely as impossible as stopping all the "games" flooding is. They're like the yin and yang, opposites ends of the shit.

I think we all probably need to accept both aren't going away. Well, it's all on Sony really.

Banter is completely fine. I love banter. A debate is also fine. Who doesn't love a great debate. It's when it's none of those and is instead abuse and profile shaming that it gets as tiring to see as much as the games are.

I remember when Nintendo realesed the Gamecube. A hardware difficult to program game on it like the old Nintendo 64 and Nintendo said that do games for Gamecube/64 was a privilege and almost something exclusive and with the most high royalties at that time btw. Miyamoto, Iwata and Hiroshi Yamauchi they were not afraid of the number of games that came out for PS2 cuz they said Nintendo has quality games.

Just a curious fact.

34 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

These threads are not going to die until the root issue is solved: abolishment of poopy spam games.

They would die or not even be created if people would actually think about the topic they're complaining about: video games. Just to put things into perspective:

Five things that are happening right now in this moment. Why don't you people complain about that? Are the people who complain about rubbish games even aware of these things? How empty must your life be to complain about something that doesn't hurt anyone and can safely be ignored? Something completely and 100% irrelevant. Were you people complaining about the truckloads of shovelware during the tail end of the PS2 era? How did you react to Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot Muath al-Kasasbeh was burnt alive after been captured by ISIS? Were you protesting against the execution of a Saudi man for "witchcraft and sorcery"?

But yeah, complaining about easy trophies is definitely more important than real issues. It's embarrassing to watch you get all worked up about something totally irrelevant.

Grow the fuck up, kids!

Edited by El Duderino

1 minute ago, El Duderino said:

They would die or not even be created if people would actually think about the topic they're complaining about: video games. Just to put things into perspective:

Five things that are happening right now in this moment. Why don't people complain about that? Are the people who complain about rubbish game even aware of these things? How empty must your life be to complain about something that doesn't hurt anyone? Something completely and 100% irrelevant. Were you people complaining about the truckloads of shovelware during the tail end of the PS2 era? How did you react to Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot Muath al-Kasasbeh was burnt alive after been captured by ISIS? Were you protesting against the execution of a Saudi man for "witchcraft and sorcery"?

But yeah, complaining about easy trophies is definitely more important than real issues. It's embarrassing to watch you get all worked up about something totally irrelevant.

Grow the fuck up, kids!

Nice whataboutism ;) 

If you are so concerned with those topics, why are you even in here? Go spend time fixing that stuff, instead of being on a forum online.

But i guess it's easier to call people kids on the internet, than doing something :D Easy to play the holy one, it's free on the internet.

Edited by TomataEighty9
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

I guarantee you that there isn't one person in the entire gaming universe who is prepared to pull his dollars out of the industry over this issue.

Out of the industry? Likely not. Out of this part of the industry? Definitely possible. If a shop makes it unreasonably hard to find good stuff beneath all the garbage, then people are likely to go elsewhere to spend their money. Most people I know no longer dare to buy anything new on Steam, since the greenlight days allowed pretty much anything to flood the store, even games with broken executable files. This is not a monopoly, there is competition, and this problem has the potential to scare some purchases away, as well as new people who may not be too keen to join a platform that has a reputation of being filled to the brim with low quality garbage.

43 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Five things that are happening right now in this moment. Why don't you people complain about that?

Well, firstly because none of these things are any of my business really, at least that is what I have been told repeatedly over the years whenever I complained about certain cultures/religions habbits to mutilate childrens genitals, be it male or female, or whenever I complained about our allies interfering in other countries wars, and secondly, because this is not a politics forum, this is a trophy hunting forum, so you are currently asking why we are not engaging in off topic discussions outside of the offtopic area more. Btw, why are YOU not complaining about that more? How dare you spend any time gaming at all, don't you know that other people have issues, you insensitive ghoul?:shakefist:

40 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

It's not because shovelware on PlayStation Store is not a problem.

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion

36 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

What a stupid example. We are on a Trophy website and these trash plats are definitely an issue, why not discussing about it?

Did you just suggest that we focus on problems regarding our hobbies instead of trying to solve the grand issues going on in the world? Without asking the honorary inquisitors on this site for their approval to do so? Pah, what is next, playing what you want and having your own opinion on it instead of agreeing with the narrative? Or god forbid HAVING FUN? Crazy talk I say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

In an ideal world, the posts that do the baiting would be reported and the mods would then be alerted to them and can deal with them quickly, instead of being replied to which results in the thread turning into madness giving the mods the choice of either cleaning it up (a lengthy process) or locking it (a quick fix). The ones who take the bait and carry on the argument are just as guilty as the ones who start it.

Banter is completely fine. I love banter. A debate is also fine. Who doesn't love a great debate. It's when it's none of those and is instead abuse and profile shaming that it gets as tiring to see as much as the games are.

I remember actually trying to clean up TLOU2 threads by closing them and reopening them and can tell you that it took me an hour and 45 minutes to clean up one thread and it devolved into madness 24 hours later and decided to lock it. I gave out warnings, sent DMs to others, etc. and nothing came of it. People still trolled, spammed sexual meme, and baited.

The truth is that if you want to prevent these from being locked. Use the report function and ignore the bait. It says more about the trolls baiting than it does you. You don't NEED to respond. 

• Like 3