To The Hills - Capture The Zone 0/9

ingueferroque

It’s not been long since I’ve played this game but I’ve already forgotten whether this challenge you’ve mentioned is a weekender challenge, or is it a tournament event challenge?

If it’s a weekender, then simply replay the race multiple times, the challenge stacks with each replay. Even if you lose.

If it’s a tournament challenge then those are a bit trickier. You’ll be required to go for all zone captures within the three to four races the event gives you. In order to progress from one race to the next within the tournament, you’ll be required to win each time. This will then give you more opportunities to capture zones - you’ll notice the challenge stacks across all races within the tournament.

If you don’t think you’ve made enough captures or you think you’ll lose, restart the race.

To the Hills is Countdown, Lockdown, Countdown, then Lockdown again. Two tries each for the 110 gates and 9 zones challenges this event requires.

There’s a couple of tricks for tournaments.

1. Abuse the restart option in the pause menu. You will restart that round only, potentially saving your tournament. If you’re off target by a lot, restart. If you’re about to lose, definitely restart so you don’t have to start over at the beginning of the tournament.

2. A trick I saw over at TA… Restart tournament with progress towards challenges:

Play first round and capture zones, get takedowns, etc.

Press Accept", see challenges for second round.

Press Back and see message that warns of losing progress.

Accept message, but don’t lose captures, takedowns, etc.

Play first round again with progress towards challenges and repeat process if needed.

tl;dr

Although the message warns you that you are going to lose your progress, you can repeat first round and the progress toward the challenges remain.

Only works on Tournament, not on Single Event or Weekender challenges. You always go back to first round of the tournament. So it might be a lot of replaying but this ensures you will nail the challenges. You can't lose races so restart if you are remotely close to losing.

I got lucky on To the Hills and got challenges on first try but have used the trick on other challenges needing takedowns or another weird requirement I wasn’t sure I’d be able to hit. Whether it’s using many restarts or giving yourself a head start on the challenges, it’s great that tournaments can be exploited because sometimes your bonehead AI teammates just want to take the day off.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 3:43 AM, NMErickson said:

2. A trick I saw over at TA… Restart tournament with progress towards challenges:

Play first round again with progress towards challenges and repeat process if needed.

so if it requiered 20 takedowns i got 10 restart i will retain those 10 takedowns?

37 minutes ago, darkjjda said:

so if it requiered 20 takedowns i got 10 restart i will retain those 10 takedowns?

Yes, but only in tournaments and not for challenges that require you to get it in one race. Just for challenges that span over the length of the tournament. If you wanted to play it safe, technically you could keep restarting and complete the challenge in the first event but that might be overkill.

On 10/10/2022 at 1:43 AM, NMErickson said:

A trick I saw over at TA… Restart tournament with progress towards challenges:

Although the message warns you that you are going to lose your progress, you can repeat first round and the progress toward the challenges remain.

Only works on Tournament, not on Single Event or Weekender challenges. You always go back to first round of the tournament. So it might be a lot of replaying but this ensures you will nail the challenges. You can't lose races so restart if you are remotely close to losing.

I would upvote this five times if I could. This exploit allowed me to beat the 15 zone and 9 zone captures of To The Hills and Lock In, finishing the final 2/3 challenges I needed for the platinum (I managed to solo Crimson Ride). Those two challenges are ridiculous, requiring you to secure 5 out of 6 zones every round. I don't know what Codemasters was thinking, but there is too much RNG for those two challenges. You can do everything right and still lose. Thank you for saving me hours of time. Hopefully, this exploit will help people finish the platinum when servers go offline in a couple of weeks.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 2