How to get "Tour of Duty" in 2022?

KnutellaPSN

Can anyone give me tips on how to achieve "Tour of Duty" (Win 5 War matches in Multiplayer while playing online)?

For some reason it seems that I can't access war mode from the playlist. I can invite other player to play war in the HQ, but noone / maby not enough people accept.

Is there another way to do it? Is this trophy still possible? (I have the EU/German version from PSplus)

Description from the trophy guide here on psnprofiles:

"War" is the new playlist that's been added in to Call of Duty: World War II. This mode has you attacking or defending an objective. After that, you will swap sides. So, essentially, you will be playing two matches in one. A "win" consists of winning one of the two rounds, not both. Once you win five different rounds of War, then this trophy will pop.

Edited by KnutellaPSN
Spelling in title

20 hours ago, KnutellaPSN said:

Thanks for putting me in the right direction! Don't know how I could miss this.

Got the trophy as well.

Btw: Had the most fun with a CoD game in this mode in a long time.

No problem! Congrats. And I completely I agree! I’m generally not a big fan of online CoD trophies or multiplayer games in general, but I’ve found the WW2 experience to be quite fun. The only downside is being so horribly outmatched as most people still playing online today are pros with hundreds of hours of experience. ?

The zombies mode is very fun as well if you can gather a good group of players. One of the most fun co-op modes I’ve played in awhile!

35 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

No problem! Congrats. And I completely I agree! I’m generally not a big fan of online CoD trophies or multiplayer games in general, but I’ve found the WW2 experience to be quite fun. The only downside is being so horribly outmatched as most people still playing online today are pros with hundreds of hours of experience. 1f61b.png

The zombies mode is very fun as well if you can gather a good group of players. One of the most fun co-op modes I’ve played in awhile!

Yeah. I'm that guy ?? but to be fair, I rarely play War and most people that join the game for trophies usually just play Shipment, get their orders done, pop their trophies and move on. 

On 2022-10-15 at 11:20 AM, xItsLesterx said:

Yeah. I'm that guy 1f62d.png1f602.png but to be fair, I rarely play War and most people that join the game for trophies usually just play Shipment, get their orders done, pop their trophies and move on. 

Yeah I’ve mostly been playing Shipment because it’s such great XP, but I bounce around the different game modes when I get bored. I don’t mind being a noob and being cannon fodder for the pros to pad their k/d, but I do wish this game had some sort of team balancing mechanic. A lot of the games I’ve played have been horribly out-balanced and they stay that way for hours sometimes.

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah I’ve mostly been playing Shipment because it’s such great XP, but I bounce around the different game modes when I get bored. I don’t mind being a noob and being cannon fodder for the pros to pad their k/d, but I do wish this game had some sort of team balancing mechanic. A lot of the games I’ve played have been horribly out-balanced and they stay that way for hours sometimes.

Yeah, I completely understand you. The matchmaking is pretty terrible. I usually get off after a few games because I have to end up sweating my balls off on every game to even get close at winning. It's infuriating. Again tho, I do play the game regularly and for a trophy hunter, shipment with requisitions (although I despise it) is their best bet at getting the online trophies and then moving on to another game. 

On 15.10.2022 at 7:43 PM, dieselmanchild said:

The zombies mode is very fun as well

Tried Zombies as well, that mode unfortunately involves much more skill needed than the rest. Playing for an hour or more to get wasted by bots sure is testing my patience. As a trophy enthusiast I will tackle the challenge some day...

On 15.10.2022 at 8:20 PM, xItsLesterx said:

just play Shipment

Been there, done that. In most shooters I am unable to memorize the map's layout. So sticking with shipment helps a lot.

4 hours ago, KnutellaPSN said:

Tried Zombies as well, that mode unfortunately involves much more skill needed than the rest. Playing for an hour or more to get wasted by bots sure is testing my patience. As a trophy enthusiast I will tackle the challenge some day...

Yeah the Zombies in this game is really fun but can be pretty damn tough as well. There’s certainly a lot more skill required in this part of the game (especially if you roll solo), but luckily you don’t need to be a Zombies/Call of Duty god at all in order to complete these trophies. In fact you don’t even really need to be that skilled at all to be honest. I’m a pretty average FPS player and I did it. The key for me was finding a good team. 

Being a skilled player is not nearly as important as you think. The most important thing by far is teamwork, good communication, patience, and having each other’s backs. The Easter Egg can seem incredibly overwhelming at first because of the sheer number of steps and things you have to learn, and this is why having a patient group to play with is key. It will take practice and probably lots of failure and repetition in order to learn the steps and develop knowledge of the map, and the art of maximizing points while minimizing the number of waves you fight through.

Of course it’s also entirely possible to be carried through the whole thing by experienced players who know what to do, and there’s no shame in this either. My group did the regular EE entirely on our own but had a lot of help and direction with the hardcore EE steps. But again, even if you’re being carried you will still be expected to listen, communicate clearly, and follow all the instructions of your leader. Everyone will have jobs assigned to them in order to pitch in, and working together like this is what is really important - not being skilled at the game! ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

6 hours ago, KnutellaPSN said:

Been there, done that. In most shooters I am unable to memorize the map's layout. So sticking with shipment helps a lot.

I hear you. It's fair if you're not interested in the game. People that play the game well, they got it way before the game was given on PS+. Shipment is a great map for trophy hunters in knocking out most online trophies tho.