How Solo friendly is the trophies in this game?

ThePaladinXIV

Hello!

I'm new to FFXIV and played it a bit on my ps5 on another account and liked it a lot. But I'm thinking of starting it on my completion account (this one). I have no problem that it's gonna be a very long journey. I just don't play a lot of multiplayer games cause I don't like that I can't complete a certain mission/trophy cause it depends on other people. So my question is: Can I do all the the things that is required to earn 100% in this game solo/making use of the normal matchmaking system without having to join dedicated discords/communities?

Thanks in advance!

No. You have to complete many trials (boss fights) in savage difficulty. Which is near impossible with random players found through the duty finder. You'll have to join a static, a group of players dedicated on clearing high level content, train with them and learn each fights before clearing them. It will require you to meet them in-game at agreed upon dates to play and try to progress through whatever content you're trying to clear at that moment.

The platinum can be obtained by playing solo and doing dungeons/raids/trials content through the duty finder. It's just very time consuming. But the 100% will require dedication and commitment from you, and the willingness to play hand-in-hand with other players.

Edited by Tetho_mig

What version of Final Fantasy XIV are you planning on doing? The PS4 version or the PS5 version? If you plan on doing the PS4 version, then you can do most, if not all of the game Solo at the appropriate level such as the Binding Coils, for example. Bare in mind that in the beginning, you will not be able to solo everything at first, but as you get up there in level(s) and wear the right gear, some Trials and Guildhests become trivial, even as a DPS. FATES can be done solo, but  take longer to complete due to being synced down to the ilvl requirement, but again, easy as people tend to help out. The PS5 version requires a bit more as you will need to actually complete the Savage and Alliance raids from either past or current expansions, and the list is on-going with trophy support, which means you'll have to be dedicated to the bone, if you are looking at getting the full 100%. 

Thank you for the responses. I'm planning on doing the PS5 version with all DLC expansions. I'm really dedicated to get everything done that is achievable on my own. and even play the game after the trophies, and grind all the nice looking gear that is not a requirement for a trophy. I just want the Platinum in the end and preferably the 100%.

@Rebourne07 Thank you for the reply and giving me some insight of the trophies. I think I will just go for it and see where my limits are. If the platinum is doable like you mentioned that's already the most rewarding and important part to me. Maybe I will come out of my confort zone and at least try to get the 100%.

Thank you again!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PMA-Daniel said:

if I hypothetically wanted to get involved with this game for the purpose of doing the platinum what class is the easiest to play on a controller?

As a main class you can go Tank (less queues for Duty Finder, Paladin or Warrior I guess)

You will need to also level Blue Mage later for the Fate Trophies. And you need a crafter and a gatherer class for the collectables

• Like 1