At 1000 I can finally rest

SE-Kage

I mean...1000 games is a LOT. I'm guessing the list can be whatever, so I'll mention a few favorites of my own:

• Nioh - Easy plat, but challenging 100% if you go solo. Smooth control, fun game all around.
  • Axiom Verge - retro metroid-like title, probably my favorite pure retro game on the PS4. 
  • Salt and Sanctuary - People call this a "2-D Dark Souls", and I suppose it is, though I would personally call it "Castlevania". I didn't hear good things about its sequel, however.
  • Hollow Knight - the plat can be a joke if you use God mode, but that can be activated at any time, so do yourself a favor and play it as intended. A true gem.
  • Ys VIII - One of the best throwback titles I've played. It has (relatively) modern graphics, but old-school gameplay. It's a ton of fun, as is its sequel, Ys IX.
  • Bloodborne - an absolute no-brainer. One of the best titles on the PS4. 
Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I mean...1000 games is a LOT. I'm guessing the list can be whatever, so I'll mention a few favorites of my own:

• Nioh - Easy plat, but challenging 100% if you go solo. Smooth control, fun game all around.
  • Axiom Verge - retro metroid-like title, probably my favorite pure retro game on the PS4. 
  • Salt and Sanctuary - People call this a "2-D Dark Souls", and I suppose it is, though I would personally call it "Castlevania". I didn't hear good things about its sequel, however.
  • Hollow Knight - the plat can be a joke if you use God mode, but that can be activated at any time, so do yourself a favor and play it as intended. A true gem.
  • Ys VIII - One of the best throwback titles I've played. It has (relatively) modern graphics, but old-school gameplay. It's a ton of fun, as is its sequel, Ys IX.

1000 is a stupid number, but it at least gives me a continuous tracker all the way, i'd definitely love to do both Nioh and Hollow knight, i dont know too much about the others but its not like its gonna be a short list so ON THEY GOO

:o Wow, that's pretty impressive... not really, consider how many evil indie companies have released a million ten-minute platinum trophies. Seriously, go watch this video on some guy who got 100 platinums in 4 hours. :P

Still, I am impressive you are tackling that many platinums. I doubt I'll ever get that high, I'm not even at 100 yet. Good luck, dude.

10 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

:o Wow, that's pretty impressive... not really, consider how many evil indie companies have released a million ten-minute platinum trophies. Seriously, go watch this video on some guy who got 100 platinums in 4 hours. :P

Still, I am impressive you are tackling that many platinums. I doubt I'll ever get that high, I'm not even at 100 yet. Good luck, dude.

Thank you! and honestly those weird jumping games that take 3 mins can go die in a hole it might be a big number but I do wanna have fun with it. Let me know any games you think I should go for!

It took me 14 years to get to 333 platinums while studying and after that a full time job. And I don't have kids...

So unless you do change your mind about those 3-minute plats, it's gonna take a good while even if you have nothing else to do ?

Maybe start with 100 instead? ? 

• Like 2

Damn - 1000 S-Ranks!?

That's a roundabout way of saying "I'll sleep when I'm Dead!" ? ?

I play way too many that I love to recommend a select few - but pretty much everything from around 250th and up on my checklist, I recommend to some degree... and those in the top 50 are all unimpeachable in my book!

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/107145-drbloodmoneys-super-scientific-ranking-of-games/

Plus - I should mention - I'm bad at videogames... so anything on that list, I have the plat, so you can too!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

22 minutes ago, SE-Kage said:

Thank you! and honestly those weird jumping games that take 3 mins can go die in a hole it might be a big number but I do wanna have fun with it. Let me know any games you think I should go for!

If you are into RPGs, I'd definitely recommend the Trials of Mana remake. Once you unlock New Game+(which requires you to clear the bonus dungeon unlocked after beating the game once), you can carry over your high-level characters and clear the rest of the required storylines really easily. ^_^

I also just did three stacks of A Winter's Daydream. While it is a visual novel with no input needed, you do have to advance the text manually so you get to enjoy the magical story. And it takes half an hour minimum so it doesn't overstay its welcome. ;)

Good luck on your endeavor! It's admirable if you avoid the shovelware, but like has been mentioned to reach 1000 without them is gonna take a long ass time. I'm at 644 plats been going for 13+ years now and I have dabbled in ezpz shit games, I've been sober for about 2 years now. But yeah good luck to you.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Damn - 1000 S-Ranks!?

That's a roundabout way of saying "I'll sleep when I'm Dead!" ? ?

I play way too many that I love to recommend a select few - but pretty much everything from around 250th and up on my checklist, I recommend to some degree... and those in the top 50 are all unimpeachable in my book!

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/107145-drbloodmoneys-super-scientific-ranking-of-games/

Plus - I should mention - I'm bad at videogames... so anything on that list, I have the plat, so you can too!

Oh I am so using your list there are some amazing looking games there thank you!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Good luck on your endeavor! It's admirable if you avoid the shovelware, but like has been mentioned to reach 1000 without them is gonna take a long ass time. I'm at 644 plats been going for 13+ years now and I have dabbled in ezpz shit games, I've been sober for about 2 years now. But yeah good luck to you.

I'll do my absolute best to avoid any shovelware, but maybe the mayo trilogy for plats 997-999 whenever i get there lol

13 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

If you are into RPGs, I'd definitely recommend the Trials of Mana remake. Once you unlock New Game+(which requires you to clear the bonus dungeon unlocked after beating the game once), you can carry over your high-level characters and clear the rest of the required storylines really easily. ^_^

I also just did three stacks of A Winter's Daydream. While it is a visual novel with no input needed, you do have to advance the text manually so you get to enjoy the magical story. And it takes half an hour minimum so it doesn't overstay its welcome. ;)

I've never heard of these id love to look into them !

Are you serious...? I've been playing since 2011 and I've played 'just' 550+ games... your proclamation reminds me of Luffy when he begins his show saying he will be the king of pirates xD I mean i'ts going to take time and dedication!

You should just have fun and choose whatever you find you can enjoy, with trophies or not. I mean, anything can happen in your life, you don't know if you are going to keep this passion in 5 or more years, or even if you are going to end playing more on Steam, Xbox, or Stadia2TheRevengeOfGoogle...

3 minutes ago, Ekir said:

Are you serious...? I've been playing since 2011 and I've played 'just' 550+ games... your proclamation reminds me of Luffy when he begins his show saying he will be the king of pirates xD I mean i'ts going to take time and dedication!

You should just have fun and choose whatever you find you can enjoy, with trophies or not. I mean, anything can happen in your life, you don't know if you are going to keep this passion in 5 or more years, or even if you are going to end playing more on Steam, Xbox, or Stadia2TheRevengeOfGoogle...

Stadia 2: Googles Boogaloo lmao

2 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Go for game series - if you already started Hitman, consider doing the other Hitman games that have platinum.

continue the run of Telltale games, they are good for easy platinums, and also the souls games, you can get most of them offline.

I do wanna do the hitman and AC franchises

Just now, DEI2EK said:

I don’t know if it’s possible to play 1000 non sholveware games and plat them all

You would basically never see the outdoors 

We'll find out if it is dw ?

After retiring trophy hunting from main account in 2020 with 1700 plats and 55k trophies in 9 years, i highly recommend to you that if you want to increase your numbers a lot and "fast" stick to easy games with a lot of stacks, like all ratalaika games and so, and ofc buy a lot of japanese vn for ps3 and psvita (they are the cheapest ones). 

Nowadays you can have 20 plats for 20$ because of that trash 1$ games that are being released ( which i hate, because they are destroying the meaning and feeling of trophy hunting, you are suposed to "work" for a plat, not press X 5 times in 1 min ).

And also buy games without plat, a lot of them are fast and really easy to do and they will increase your numbers in a crazy way, try to get the idolmaster gravure & cinderella for ps3 which are 16 games to 100% in 7 mins each or whatever you want, (there are a lot more of cheaper options if you cant afford those gravure & cinderella jp games, specially in ps4).

Good luck with your journey ! ?

Edited by CNaai
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CNaai said:

After retiring trophy hunting from main account in 2020 with 1700 plats and 55k trophies in 9 years, i highly recommend to you that if you want to increase your numbers a lot and "fast" stick to easy games with a lot of stacks, like all ratalaika games and so, and ofc buy a lot of japanese vn for ps3 and psvita (they are the cheapest ones). 

Nowadays you can have 20 plats for 20$ because of that trash 1$ games that are being released ( which i hate, because they are destroying the meaning and feeling of trophy hunting, you are suposed to "work" for a plat, not press X 5 times in 1 min ).

And also buy games without plat, a lot of them are fast and really easy to do and they will increase your numbers in a crazy way, try to get the idolmaster gravure & cinderella for ps3 which are 16 games to 100% in 7 mins each or whatever you want, (there are a lot more of cheaper options if you cant afford those gravure & cinderella jp games, specially in ps4).

Good luck with your journey ! ?

This is amazing advice thank you so much!!

1,000 is definitely an insane amount if you want to avoid the recent garbage that's been coming out. What I will say though is that even AAA platinums that release nowadays are easier than they were in 2008-2009, if you know what to look for.

My advice would be to try and stack up on games that you've already completed. I.E you know you can platinum Demon's Souls, you can play through the other stacks a lot faster than learning a new game.

If you want easy games to plat, you can also look at profiles with a lot of platinums, and look for games around the 50-60% completion mark, you might find games you've never even thought of. You can also get some easy ultra-rares by playing VR games, but maybe I'm just biased ?

Depending on how hard you sweat it, could probably do it in a few years.

I missed that you said 100% and not platinums ?

In that case it took me 14 years to get to 505 and I know I have some short/easy games in there but not the 3-minute plat type stuff we get recently.

Game series I think about first that have quite a few games and were fun the play: Ratchet & Clank, God of war, Tomb Raider, Sly cooper, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Hitman, Saints Row, Uncharted.

All of them are not too hard when it comes to 100% but some games might take awhile :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

1,000 is definitely an insane amount if you want to avoid the recent garbage that's been coming out. What I will say though is that even AAA platinums that release nowadays are easier than they were in 2008-2009, if you know what to look for.

My advice would be to try and stack up on games that you've already completed. I.E you know you can platinum Demon's Souls, you can play through the other stacks a lot faster than learning a new game.

If you want easy games to plat, you can also look at profiles with a lot of platinums, and look for games around the 50-60% completion mark, you might find games you've never even thought of. You can also get some easy ultra-rares by playing VR games, but maybe I'm just biased ?

Depending on how hard you sweat it, could probably do it in a few years.

There's defo a few that I've enjoyed that I'd like to stack cos they are fun to me