At 1000 I can finally rest

SE-Kage

2 minutes ago, platinumplayer12 said:

I'll keep checking the progression every now and then. Good luck and enjoy the many games that you are about to experience. :)

You're more than welcome and also suggest some games you think need to be a part of it!!

I think the only way to truly enjoy that 1000 goal is if:

#1- You don't have any other highly time-consuming activity to worry about for real (meaning you can do gaming as your job, if you wish). If you have to worry about anything else, such as jobs, kids, relationships, college classes, etc., this will get in the way big time, unless you don't mind doing it without any hurry and in years (rather than in months). However, judging by how this sounds, it's as if you want the 1000 for next month, lol. Trust me, you will have to slow down if you have anything else asking for time in your life.

#2- You choose to complete all the easier, shorter, and more enjoyable games first. Don't do stuff like Final Fantasy X if you want to reach the 1000 in a reasonable amount of time. FFX is great, but it can take 100 hours to platinum, and that's if you already played it before. Focus on fun games that are also short and easy. If you want to prove your "hardcore-ness," lol, do yourself a big favor and wait until you have 990 done. 

My recommendations are the following:

***#1***- If you are already 100% sure that you are dedicating all that time to it, try to see if you can make something out of it or get something out of it. Like, if you know you are doing it no matter what, document it with a Youtube channel, or with a Twitch, where people can see your reactions about all the 1000 games that you will become an expert on (as you play them). You can even plan to do it live, if you don't want to take any extra time on video editing. I recommended this to ikemenzi (he's Japanese but understands English) and to other friends who have TONS more platinums and all-things hardcore-gaming-related than me. My reasoning is that if you are going to spend all that time on it because you (obviously) enjoy it, you might as well see if you can make real cash with your hobby. You were going to do it anyways, so, you really don't lose anything if that "side venture" doesn't work out. And if it does work, congratulations. I bet that's how many of those gaming channels got started.

#2- Focus on Ps4 if you don't want to open a hole in your pocket. Ps3, Ps5, and Vita get less discounts on everything. Ps4 has a larger number of those "good but short or easy" games, and it gets tons of discounts often. I would also recommend adding a psvr to the Ps4 to open up many more short games that can be chosen.

#3- Be open to looking up stuff online if you get stuck. There are MANY easy games and short games that have 1 or 2 little hidden collectables that would take forever to find if you have to lift every rock yourself, but they take just 1 minute if you see a youtube video that shows you where that is located. Be open to looking that up. Otherwise, it will take forever to get a thousand 100% completions.

#4- List of easy, short, and good games I played:

[note: I'm just sending good advice here, I'm not really that serious of a hunter, unless you think that being in the top 100 of the VR category in this site makes me "serious," but I wouldn't say that, lol]:

(non-vr) Abzu, Aer memories of old, Flower, Minefield, Duck Souls+, The Knight of Queen, Journey (this is good, easy, and fast BUT it can take much longer to 100% if you don't find other online players for the trophies that require it)

(with psvr1 on ps4) Bonfire, Fujii, ArtPulse, Form, Brain beats, Mind labyrinth vr dreams, Twilight path, Sea of memories, No heroes allowed vr, Deracine (great story-driven game and very fast if you are open to seeing a video walkthrough if you get stuck, otherwise, it will take much longer), Electronauts, Synth riders, Lethal vr, Pirate flight, Unearthing mars 1, Vrog, Harmonix music vr, Psychonauts in the rhombus of ruin (awesome and short, but forget about the piano trophy here if you don't look up how to get it), You are being followed, Moss, Job simulator, virtual virtual reality (note: I haven't completed this one, but it seemed easy and interesting from what I saw)

For the record, I think this "goal" would be quite reasonable and pretty cool for any gamer if it was 100 fun games that don't take +40 hours each, but at 1000 you are going to need tremendous patience and dedication to finish it for real. This is surely the kind of patience that I will need to complete my series of sci-fi books!! Way to go haha

Good luck with your quest ;) 

• Like 1

I don't have an end-goal for my Platinum hunting journey, as I take on various games with varying difficulties. Thanks to this I can recommend a lot of games as I inch closer to 175.

1. The Sly Cooper Quadrilogy. The Sly 1-3 the HD Collection and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Not the hardest series of games to beat, but they do make a nice change of pace from other stealth-based games.
  2. The Batman Arkham Series (Excluding Origins, though only because the MP trophies.) - I am intimately familiar with this Franchise, having beaten the first two games on both PS3 and PS4. Still haven't 100% completed City on either console though. I think there's an okay Vita game too, but haven't tried it myself.
  3. The Bioshock Trilogy. Technically I've only beaten the first two, I just didn't enjoy Infinite as much. Have to revisit that one sometime.
  4. The Crash Bandicoot Quadrilogy. The remakes and the new fourth game are great, though I understand 4's a lot harder to complete compared to the other three. I've only beaten the trilogy so can't say if the fourth is as good. The CTR Remake was enjoyable, just the time trials for N-Tropy and Nitrous Oxide are harsh.
  5. Dead Space 1,2 and Extraction. These three games are great. Although I wouldn't blame you for skipping 2 due to the annoying Hard to the Core trophy.
  6. Dragon's Crown. This is a fantastic sidescroller, definitely worth playing. It'll require a few runs but they won't be too hard and I enjoyed my experience with the game overall.
  7. inFAMOUS Series. These games are fantastic superhero sandbox-type games. I had a good time overall completing inFAMOUS 1, 2 and second son. Nothing should be overly challenging in those 3 and First Light is a breeze.
  8. The Trine Series. These games are pretty straightforward games, with a storybook narrator describing the world and the events of the tale as you go along. These games are pretty good, I highly recommend skipping the original Trine on PS3 and playing the PS4 Re-release, Trine: Enchanted Edition.
  9. The Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy. Good solid games, nothing too hard, definitely games to play inbetween tackling harder games.
  10. Doom 2016 and Eternal. Two fantastic games definitely worth earning the platinums for. I prefer Eternal a bit more, since it's not quite as dark and dreary as 2016. Plus I think it has the better enemy and boss variety.
  11. Soulsborne Games. I recommend Bloodborne and the remake of Demon's Souls, since you have a PS5. I'd suggest skipping the PS3 versions of Dark Souls, may as well play them on the latest systems they were released on. Bloodborne I remember having some framerate issues at times, though it was rare for me.

1 hour ago, ValkerianCreator said:

I think the only way to truly enjoy that 1000 goal is if:

#1- You don't have any other highly time-consuming activity to worry about for real (meaning you can do gaming as your job, if you wish). If you have to worry about anything else, such as jobs, kids, relationships, college classes, etc., this will get in the way big time, unless you don't mind doing it without any hurry and in years (rather than in months). However, judging by how this sounds, it's as if you want the 1000 for next month, lol. Trust me, you will have to slow down if you have anything else asking for time in your life.

#2- You choose to complete all the easier, shorter, and more enjoyable games first. Don't do stuff like Final Fantasy X if you want to reach the 1000 in a reasonable amount of time. FFX is great, but it can take 100 hours to platinum, and that's if you already played it before. Focus on fun games that are also short and easy. If you want to prove your "hardcore-ness," lol, do yourself a big favor and wait until you have 990 done. 

My recommendations are the following:

***#1***- If you are already 100% sure that you are dedicating all that time to it, try to see if you can make something out of it or get something out of it. Like, if you know you are doing it no matter what, document it with a Youtube channel, or with a Twitch, where people can see your reactions about all the 1000 games that you will become an expert on (as you play them). You can even plan to do it live, if you don't want to take any extra time on video editing. I recommended this to ikemenzi (he's Japanese but understands English) and to other friends who have TONS more platinums and all-things hardcore-gaming-related than me. My reasoning is that if you are going to spend all that time on it because you (obviously) enjoy it, you might as well see if you can make real cash with your hobby. You were going to do it anyways, so, you really don't lose anything if that "side venture" doesn't work out. And if it does work, congratulations. I bet that's how many of those gaming channels got started.

#2- Focus on Ps4 if you don't want to open a hole in your pocket. Ps3, Ps5, and Vita get less discounts on everything. Ps4 has a larger number of those "good but short or easy" games, and it gets tons of discounts often. I would also recommend adding a psvr to the Ps4 to open up many more short games that can be chosen.

#3- Be open to looking up stuff online if you get stuck. There are MANY easy games and short games that have 1 or 2 little hidden collectables that would take forever to find if you have to lift every rock yourself, but they take just 1 minute if you see a youtube video that shows you where that is located. Be open to looking that up. Otherwise, it will take forever to get a thousand 100% completions.

#4- List of easy, short, and good games I played:

[note: I'm just sending good advice here, I'm not really that serious of a hunter, unless you think that being in the top 100 of the VR category in this site makes me "serious," but I wouldn't say that, lol]:

(non-vr) Abzu, Aer memories of old, Flower, Minefield, Duck Souls+, The Knight of Queen, Journey (this is good, easy, and fast BUT it can take much longer to 100% if you don't find other online players for the trophies that require it)

(with psvr1 on ps4) Bonfire, Fujii, ArtPulse, Form, Brain beats, Mind labyrinth vr dreams, Twilight path, Sea of memories, No heroes allowed vr, Deracine (great story-driven game and very fast if you are open to seeing a video walkthrough if you get stuck, otherwise, it will take much longer), Electronauts, Synth riders, Lethal vr, Pirate flight, Unearthing mars 1, Vrog, Harmonix music vr, Psychonauts in the rhombus of ruin (awesome and short, but forget about the piano trophy here if you don't look up how to get it), You are being followed, Moss, Job simulator, virtual virtual reality (note: I haven't completed this one, but it seemed easy and interesting from what I saw)

For the record, I think this "goal" would be quite reasonable and pretty cool for any gamer if it was 100 fun games that don't take +40 hours each, but at 1000 you are going to need tremendous patience and dedication to finish it for real. This is surely the kind of patience that I will need to complete my series of sci-fi books!! Way to go haha

Good luck with your quest ;) 

I love the idea of maybe just streaming it since I'll be there for all those hours anyway thank you!

37 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

I don't have an end-goal for my Platinum hunting journey, as I take on various games with varying difficulties. Thanks to this I can recommend a lot of games as I inch closer to 175.

1. The Sly Cooper Quadrilogy. The Sly 1-3 the HD Collection and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Not the hardest series of games to beat, but they do make a nice change of pace from other stealth-based games.
  2. The Batman Arkham Series (Excluding Origins, though only because the MP trophies.) - I am intimately familiar with this Franchise, having beaten the first two games on both PS3 and PS4. Still haven't 100% completed City on either console though. I think there's an okay Vita game too, but haven't tried it myself.
  3. The Bioshock Trilogy. Technically I've only beaten the first two, I just didn't enjoy Infinite as much. Have to revisit that one sometime.
  4. The Crash Bandicoot Quadrilogy. The remakes and the new fourth game are great, though I understand 4's a lot harder to complete compared to the other three. I've only beaten the trilogy so can't say if the fourth is as good. The CTR Remake was enjoyable, just the time trials for N-Tropy and Nitrous Oxide are harsh.
  5. Dead Space 1,2 and Extraction. These three games are great. Although I wouldn't blame you for skipping 2 due to the annoying Hard to the Core trophy.
  6. Dragon's Crown. This is a fantastic sidescroller, definitely worth playing. It'll require a few runs but they won't be too hard and I enjoyed my experience with the game overall.
  7. inFAMOUS Series. These games are fantastic superhero sandbox-type games. I had a good time overall completing inFAMOUS 1, 2 and second son. Nothing should be overly challenging in those 3 and First Light is a breeze.
  8. The Trine Series. These games are pretty straightforward games, with a storybook narrator describing the world and the events of the tale as you go along. These games are pretty good, I highly recommend skipping the original Trine on PS3 and playing the PS4 Re-release, Trine: Enchanted Edition.
  9. The Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy. Good solid games, nothing too hard, definitely games to play inbetween tackling harder games.
  10. Doom 2016 and Eternal. Two fantastic games definitely worth earning the platinums for. I prefer Eternal a bit more, since it's not quite as dark and dreary as 2016. Plus I think it has the better enemy and boss variety.
  11. Soulsborne Games. I recommend Bloodborne and the remake of Demon's Souls, since you have a PS5. I'd suggest skipping the PS3 versions of Dark Souls, may as well play them on the latest systems they were released on. Bloodborne I remember having some framerate issues at times, though it was rare for me.

The Arkham series is a crap ton of fun and I'd love to try some of these other franchises!

• Like 2