Big leagues Work Around

Axolpox

I know this topic has been talked to death, and nobody likes bringing it up. But I have a question.

Can't we work around it? Ik there's a theater mode bug that allows you to earn the trophy, does that count as cheating? Cause you're not using software hacks, it's in the game. 

Trayarch ain't gonna help, so maybe this is an alternative way to get the trophy? Idk just throwing this idea out...

• Like 1

Although a interesting idea and viable solution unless you are wanting it for your own personal list (hidden games) I still wouldn't recommend it.

It technically is still a Non-legit trophy pop and could/would be flagged

As it was not earned on the intended basis of actually getting placed in a league.

Now granted your not like those people who jump in a lobby years later with it being the only trophy they had left and claiming innocence 

"Oh I had no idea" 

I get it some people revisit old games 

I myself do, but on a spare account from my main as trophy popping has been a risk since WAW. But they knew very well what they were doing. So with that I leave it up to you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

Although a interesting idea and viable solution unless you are wanting it for your own personal list (hidden games) I still wouldn't recommend it.

As it was not earned on the intended basis of actually getting placed in a league.

Now granted your not like those people who jump in a lobby years later with it being the only trophy they had left and claiming innocence 

"Oh I had no idea" 

I get it some people revisit old games 

I myself do, but on a spare account from my main as trophy popping has been a risk since WAW. But they knew very well what they were doing. So with that I leave it up to you

Oh I'm not doing it, I wish I could but just like you said I'll be flagged. Just throwing this idea out, might stick who knows 

12 hours ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

I don't think that's the reason. There are many acceptable ways to earn trophies that heavily circumvent the intended basis. From the little I know from this theater mode bug, they are probably bugged replays generated by hackers, that's why they will never be accepted. I imagine if someone finds a real debug menu, left by the devs, it would be accepted as it is for many other games like Conan, Subnautica, Jak and Daxter, etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I'm sure this has been talked about before but isn't this the case too with the dead body XP glitch in Red Dead Redemption? It's there because of modders/hackers and yet that is allowed and not flagged. If this theater trophy is a similar situation where anybody can just boot up the game and exploit it, seems like it meets the same criteria.

The only argument I could see against this specifically is that it's circumventing doing leagues entirely so it might be considered unfair in terms of leaderboards/speed running, but so is manipulating dead bodies to get to level 50 way faster than normal in RDR lol.

Yeah I never understood this too. There is even a thread for this and nobody cares lol. But yeah big league trophy is sooo bad. I mean the skate 3 trophy is also a grey zone imo. Because you only get One trophy for copying an other skaters profile because the ea server for this trophy went down.

"Originally, to add a logo to your skater you would have gone on the EA skate graphics creator, but since EA has shut it down the only way to earn the trophy is through importing a friends skater who already has a logo attached. After importing your friends skater go to edit skater and the trophy should unlock."

but this is also okay. In the end idc but they should whitelist this trophy with the new theatre exploit. 

• Like 2

I can't see why this should be flagged (nor do I care about leaderboards on a website) but i will say this. Someone i played with did the theater glitch and its popped roughly 32 trophies across the duration of that video. The other issue is you have to reach level 55 so even if you were to do every other trophy legit first, you risk getting into hacked lobbies and popping trophies out of order (such as platinum before story trophies), that way because this game is riddled with hacked lobbies in public match. 

26 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

I can't see why this should be flagged (nor do I care about leaderboards on a website) but i will say this. Someone i played with did the theater glitch and its popped roughly 32 trophies across the duration of that video. The other issue is you have to reach level 55 so even if you were to do every other trophy legit first, you risk getting into hacked lobbies and popping trophies out of order (such as platinum before story trophies), that way because this game is riddled with hacked lobbies in public match. 

I did my level 55 with 3 PS3s with 2 profiles each (in total 6 players), joined an SnD lobby and grinded a full day. The rest of the gamemodes are dead, nothing but TDM that has players. That's how I avoided the hackers.

12 minutes ago, Axolpox said:

I did my level 55 with 3 PS3s with 2 profiles each (in total 6 players), joined an SnD lobby and grinded a full day. The rest of the gamemodes are dead, nothing but TDM that has players. That's how I avoided the hackers.

How did you run 6 profiles off 3 consoles. 1 profile for each controller?

What happens when you get flagged? Do you just come off leaderboards and everything else stays the same? I might just get all the trophies legit and leave the last one anyway cause who cares although the leaderboard is just full of garbage players so it doesn't mean anything although I wouldn't want people to think that I'd cheated on other stuff so I'd just leave it

I think @AJ_-_808 had one of the best responses/philosophy I've seen to this topic before:

I was pissed when I was going for Welcome To The Penthouse on multiplayer and had that, Big Leagues and the platinum pop from a hacker, but after putting in all the effort with the Campaign challenges and Zombies, there was no way I was going to hide the game. Those hours spent were far more valuable to me than a place on the leaderboard.

45 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

I'm gonna go for this plat using the theater method, do you know how hard it was to get this achievement legit with the masses of hacked lobbies even from release day, and then Activision give people less than 3 years before shutdown? It was Brutal. I did it on 360, and thus I WILL be going for the ps3 run. Leaderboards on this site mean absolutely nothing. I don't think I've once ever used them

Good luck man, should be no problem for you if you've done it once before.

1 hour ago, megamac1296 said:

I think @AJ_-_808 had one of the best responses/philosophy I've seen to this topic before:

I was pissed when I was going for Welcome To The Penthouse on multiplayer and had that, Big Leagues and the platinum pop from a hacker, but after putting in all the effort with the Campaign challenges and Zombies, there was no way I was going to hide the game. Those hours spent were far more valuable to me than a place on the leaderboard.

Good luck man, should be no problem for you if you've done it once before.

I did the 360 run legit in 2012 and it was brutally difficult thats why I'm saying 3 years was not enough time because it was easy for hackers to remove you from the leagues just like that. Right from the day the game came out. 

17 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I'm sure this has been talked about before but isn't this the case too with the dead body XP glitch in Red Dead Redemption? It's there because of modders/hackers and yet that is allowed and not flagged. If this theater trophy is a similar situation where anybody can just boot up the game and exploit it, seems like it meets the same criteria (unless there's more to it than this).

The only argument I could see against this specifically is that it's circumventing doing leagues entirely so it might be considered unfair in terms of leaderboards/speed running, but so is manipulating dead bodies to get to level 50 way faster than normal in RDR lol.

This has been talked about so much already, and they will never change their views or opinions on the matter it really does not matter even if 99% of members voted and said we all want this whitelisted if we got all trophies except for this one and used the theatre glitch for the remaining one it will never happen. This has been suggested so many times, and it will never pass. The fact that the trophy is not even hard and the fact you can play the mode but just cannot be placed in the leagues is even more annoying, so technically you met the requirement just not been placed in the leagues.

In the end though they see it as this there would not be a glitch in the theatre mode without the use of a mod and that is why they say it's not legit and will never be up for discussion. That being said when GTA V was still online run with the wind was allowed I believe which would also fall into the same category as it would have been a modder that got you the bounty, but you would still need to survive it, but this is dead in the water most people have given up on having all COD games at 100%.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:05 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

If you make your playing style bound by other peoples opinion you are doing it all wrong. I'm gonna go for this plat using the theater method, do you know how hard it was to get this achievement legit with the masses of hacked lobbies even from release day, and then Activision give people less than 3 years before shutdown? It was Brutal. I did it on 360, and thus I WILL be going for the ps3 run. Leaderboards on this site mean absolutely nothing. I don't think I've once ever used them 

That time was less than 3 years and the lobbies were hacked from the day of release. If people choose to gain this trophy other ways so be it. They didn't exactly get enough time to do it in the first place. 

I mean yeah you are right in that first sentence but I do enjoy using the psnprofiles website. I agree that using the theater method shouldn't be classed as cheating as there is no way to get it "legit" so what can you do and why be punished when there is no legit way but as you say the leaderboards on this site mean nothing. I just really like how they've made trophy lists look on this website (much much better than anything official) and don't wanna mess it

• Like 1