PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

28 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

and that is to ban/hide people who stack/shoverlware/play these Turbo Pizza whatever free-trophy apps.

OR a gamer score, like PSNTrophyLeader does, that would differentiate in an instant gamers from cheaters/boosters.

Maybe it could simply be an add-on to the PSNP+ plugin? But for real, this now has to be done, there is no other way, our hobby is dying.

But if you want to ban people. I would suggest start banning people who don't have one single Soulsgame Platinum. 

Just now, StygianWolf4 said:

So if someone has an easy platinum on their profile, regardless of how many impressive or rare platinums they have, they'll be banned? This ain't this chief. 

It could be based on a certain score.

Or, another idea that would satisfy most people here, would be to automatically hide shovelwares/stacks etc. and adjust stats accordingly.

PSNP+ does it already with stacks in game lists on the home page, it could defo do it on profiles too.

• Like 1

What should be done imo is not PSNP banning anyone for playing anything, but Sony putting a stop to it - games like these should be no plat, 300 points or whatever tops. They get released, people can play, doesn't do that much damage to trophy hunting/whoring communities. 

Sony will probably not do that, and even if they did, at this point it doesn't matter, since the damage is already done. 

Personally, I don't care. Play, don't play, whatever. 

Wanna compete? Individual games are better at that than leaderboards. Not team based games, just you vs someone else. 

Funny thing is that I was looking for a thread about this with all the personal drama in it and I stumbled across this. At this point we can have a separate board for bitching about spilled milk. 

• Like 3

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

My hobby is alive and well, thanks…

…but even if it wasn’t, I find it to be an incredible leap of illogic to believe that the best way to “save” it would be by mass-banning people from the #1 site dedicated to it.

Wrong choice of word maybe, but to have two distinct categories : those who play legit and those who don't. Like I said, there could be many ways to it (banning does sound excessive, wrong choice of word again), like the one I've just described, or a gamer score, or a badge etc.

I've edited the OP to avoid confusion.

Edited by bosstristan

Just now, skazzzz4 said:

I've been crushing games long before you were ever born.

If you don't like trophy hunting then don't do it. Don't expect the world to change just because you don't like something Karen.

Ouch, that was salty, sorry for hurting you.

• Like 3

Instead of whining constantly about the state of how you view trophy hunting... nothing is stopping you from creating your own trophy tracking site and tailoring it exactly how you want it. You can even tailor it specifically to somehow spit you out at the top of the leaderboards.  :)

• Like 4

I simply blocked the OP. 

No need for this much negativity and toxic behaviour in my life.

Playing certain games gets you framed as cheaters because of some elitist thinking, and someone wants to decide which games are allowed and which not.

OP made clear that I am no better than a hacker/cheater if I play something like Jumping Pizza.

Guess you want to ban people for autopopping trophies too? Man, never thought Sound Shapes is going to bite back one day.

Even if you filter games for the leaderboards you'd gain a couple of hundred ranks and then what? Top 1000 would still be out of reach for you. And don't say you don't care about ranks as you'd outright ban people for your personal gain.

• Like 2