PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

2 hours ago, janpham said:

@Dauersack Are you sure, that you can call yourself a gamer? You didn't play any big games in recent years. Elden Ring (the whole world played it), Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, The Last of us Part 2, Resident Evil Village (not even one Resident Evil game), Spider-Man Miles Morales, Cyberpunk 2077, Demon's Souls, Sekiro, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Assassins Creed Valhallah, FIFA?? 

You are the urban dictionary for AFK

Other than Elden Ring - which I already own but haven't started yet - everything else you mention is completely uninteresting in my eyes.

Come back again when you're dry behind your ears.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

As a case in point, I doubled up on many games. Should my plat for Pier Solar only count once, simply because I platted it before? It's a pretty tough plat at the end of the day.

I'm no fan of autopops. I've done it twice (Sound Shapes, and some quiz game from the PS3 era that spits out a ton of trophies if you start it in a certain way). It's icky, and even talking about it, I feel I need a shower. But that's very different from doing the legwork to plat, say, Dragon Age: Inquisition twice, or The Witcher 3 twice. Hell, even Rat games require you to play the game again to get the trophies.

(I agree with your point wholeheartedly, BTW.)

There is one big difference, actually. I have freely admitted that I silently judge people based on the games they play. I assume they silently judge me for various reasons as well (assuming they don't ignore me entirely).

However, I don't expect the site to brand publicly those people I silently judge. I feel that's a big difference in the end. You are free (and, at least from me, encouraged) to make your own opinions about other people's trophies, including mine. I have a litany of Rat games on my profile, I have games like Hannah Montana. I have all of the Mayo games. 

But I stop short of saying that the site itself should make note of these people's habits. That feels like it crosses a line. There is a difference in creating different boards to reward different trophy hunters, and publicly shaming one set of trophy hunters as "non-gamers". Maybe they are, in your view, but that's a personal assessment.

The reason I've always been against stacks is that while people with the most time and money on their hand is likely to always be on top of any leaderboard, I believe it's of importance to limit them as much as possible.

Naturally, I view the leaderboards from the early PS3 days as that's when I started out when none of this existed, and to me the leaderboard should still reflect that era.

It could still be this way - in theory - if Sly only mustered one final war cry and made a last stand effort.?

48 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

I quit reading three pages back. How about we just abolish the leaderboard altogether and people can chill their addiction to trophies and stop giving money to these companies that put out nothing but garbage 

To be fair, when the Emperor's Inquisition deem a world irredeemable, they destroy it completely and utterly from orbit.

Something to consider, for sure ?

• Like 1

Just now, Dauersack said:

Search function has not shown me any results on your profile, neither did control + f, likely due to the sheer mass, so I just assumed you didn't. I definitely did not deem it worth the effort to properly look through over 1000 trash platinums to make sure though, which btw is the sentiment the vast majority of users have when looking at a profile such as yours, they just assume that these plat hoarding games is all you have on it. Congrats on having around a dozen or so normal games on your account I guess? Still, I doubt you will be surprised when I still do not value your requirements for being a "gamer".

Must be a miserable life you live.. So much hatred and bigotry. ? Tell me, when you have my Elden Ring, Demon's Souls, Sekiro, Nioh 2...Platinums. Piss easy, right :D

I do find it fun to think about how... you know... let's say the leaderboards were removed from this site. It would have a HEAVY effect on what people buy and how much money these 'companies' make. Of course it's not going to happen because Sly is too busy on holiday sipping margaritas by the poolside from the money he still makes from premium subscriptions to even consider such a prospect. 

But just imagine? Trophy hunting would go back to being proud of what you have rather than race to the top. Journey jumping fuckshit lists would decline as noone would have a reason to buy them anymore.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ashande said:

You seem very fond of those words. Almost as fond as you are of reminding everyone of all the awesome Platinums you have tucked in between the trash, insulting anyone who doesn’t have a PS5 or raises any form of issue with the console, random off-topic vulgarity, mocking people for their nationality/not being aware of something to do with your nationality, and dismissing any questions put to you with insane, unrelated trash.

Wait wasn’t he the guy who used a German word and when I asked what it was (because I don’t speak German) he got mad and told me I was bullying him? ?

• Like 1

I honestly don't care about the leader boards and my completion percentage is just fine as long as it's over 50% as I only go for the trophies if I really like the game. I use the website to check out the trophies of the games I am interested in, so I know what I'm getting into and to chat with others about the games I love. 

The rest about blocking I really dislike as well

15 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Wait wasn’t he the guy who used a German word and when I asked what it was (because I don’t speak German) he got mad and told me I was bullying him? 1f602.png

Yeah, Platin is such a hard german word, that you couldn't understand. ( PLATIN = PLATINUM) ?

Leaderboard ranking has always been pointless because it's not about who is "the better gamer" but who has the richest family behind. Let's be honest, even without the huge amount of garbage relesead for trophies addicted, you need a lot of money not only to buy all games but also to pay people to help you sharing your account and at the same not thinking to work to spend all of your time focusing to this objective, so to me leaderboard is only important to testify that your trophies are legit, nothing more. 

A sub-category in the leaderboards section that filters all the garbage free trophies games would be welcomed by the way, even if it's not a priority.

33 minutes ago, janpham said:

Must be a miserable life you live.. So much hatred and bigotry. 1f602.png Tell me, when you have my Elden Ring, Demon's Souls, Sekiro, Nioh 2...Platinums. Piss easy, right :D

I find it very funny that you try and brag about difficult platinums (that make up 1% of your profile btw), but none of them that you listed are harder than 7/10.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

If there was a contest of choking somebody by shitting down their throat, would you be proud of that?

Thanks for ruining my appetite. Is toilet humor big in your country?

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

6 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

If there was a contest of choking somebody by shitting down their throat, would you be proud of that?

these analogies just get worse and worse ?

10 minutes ago, janpham said:

Yeah, Platin is such a hard german word, that you couldn't understand. ( PLATIN = PLATINUM) ?

How does that make me a bully tho?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

The race to the top of who can spend the most of money in the quickest amount of time? Doesn't sounds like an 'epic gamer' kind of leaderboard to me.

There are people in this world who don't care about video games, but do care about a high-volume trophy collecting competition. They are investing their time in something that provides them with enjoyment, satisfaction, community, competition, and all the other things inherent in a *HOBBY*. Because of that hobby, entire businesses exist. Jobs have been created. Families are fed.

What part of that offends you so much, and why?

13 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

What's the prize for 1st place?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Thanks for ruining my appetite. Is toilet humor big in your country?

I'm sorry, but I probably had a few beers too many.?

That being said, when having a true discussion, if people's true feelings cannot be portrayed fully, it's not a true discussion at all - we could just be discussing the weather, for all that I care.

However, I do apologize if I happened to derail the thread and also to you for ruining your appetite. What I wrote still stands though; there are no words that describe what I feel the leaderboards have become.?

23 minutes ago, janpham said:

Given that you are prone to periods where grammar and spelling are “guidelines” at best, that you don’t specify your location on your profile and that, like it or not, this website is fairly English-centric, questioning your use of the term “Platin,” (when the general vernacular is either spelling it out or shortening it to “Plat”) in particular when you don’t seem to insert any other foreign words into your posts and not being aware that you were slipping in some German is a mistake that’s fairly easy to make. But I wouldn’t expect a trophy fraochún like yourself to be able to make that logical leap, especially when you can use it as an excuse to flaunt your superiority complex or insult others.

Edited by Ashande
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

I'm sorry, but I probably had a few beers too many.1f605.png

That being said, when having a true discussion, if people's true feelings cannot be portrayed fully, it's not a true discussion at all - we could just be discussing the weather, for all that I care.

However, I do apologize if I happened to derail the thread and also to you for ruining your appetite. What I wrote still stands though; there are no words that describe what I feel the leaderboards have become.1f61e.png

Before it was team accounts that dominated the top now it's who has the most cash can win the race to the bottom at the top of the leaderboard. It is sad indeed. No worries btw I might have overreacted a bit.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

I think the main problem here lies with Sony. Maybe the forum could actually organize a Twitter campaign or smth to get the attention of them and have them raise the quality requirements for released games. Maybe they'd stop approving those games.

Public outrage worked occasionally with shitty PS+ games, so maybe it could work with this too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I do find it fun to think about how... you know... let's say the leaderboards were removed from this site.

Leaderboard chasers would move to the next best site with one, whatever that is, the weekly threads complaining about them would likely follow suit and this site would lose a great piece of weekly entertainment. I do agree this last season they been putting too much emphasis on the dick measuring though, I miss the old rants against the devs rather than the factions going against each other.

• Like 1