PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

24 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

It could be based on a certain score.

Or, another idea that would satisfy most people here, would be to automatically hide shovelwares/stacks etc. and adjust stats accordingly.

PSNP+ does it already with stacks in game lists on the home page, it could defo do it on profiles too.

This website (https://www.(URL not allowed)/) has leaderboards based on a certain score. Namely truetrophy score wich is based on rarity.

Every trophy is given a ratio based on the amount of people that played the game and the amount of people that got said trophy. The higher the ratio, the rarer the trophy, the higher the score.

URL link works for some reason the name isnt allowed here?:hmm::facepalm:

Edited by Achtie
  • Like 1

Wow, such vivid reactions. I'm throwing an idea here, feel free to discuss it and counter argue it, but please be respectful.

Adding this feature to PSNP would be a great addition for a - say - Classic Trophy Hunter community. It would add greatly in addition to the Leaderboard features and so on. Some people chase the leaderboards, they have the leaderboard feature, some people chase the UR count, they have the UR count feature. So adding a feature that filters shovelwares/stacks would simply be another great addition for "Classic Trophy Hunters". It could also be a toggle button that shows/hides stacks and shovelware :) Also, it could be a different feature such as a gamer score, like PSNTrophyLeaders does, a badge or a feature that takes into consideration one game and not the all the stacks and that adjust stats accordingly. Like I said, there could be many ways to achieve this.

As stated previously, I've chosen the wrong word and edited the OP.

A lot of heat for a simple idea that needs to be discussed. Please be respectful, thanks.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

I don't agree with this. Yes, I hate shovelware too, but that would cause a bigger problem to consider what games actually would "really" count, and that's just silly, a game is a game, and if I want an account with just shovelware, I should not be banned or gatekeeped from doing that. 

PSNProfiles exists to index all games with trophy support, and for better or worse, shovelware has them.

• Like 2

This stupid argument has been around for as long as trophies have existed. Back on PS3 it was easy movie tie-in games that people whined about. Then it was Vita visual novels people cried about. Same argument, they were destroying trophy hunting for "real" trophy hunters. Almost 15 years later and people are still doing this crap.

Edited by skazzzz4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

and that is to hide people who stack/shoverlware/play these Turbo Pizza whatever free-trophy apps, or put them in a different pool of players.

OR a gamer score, like PSNTrophyLeader does, that would differentiate in an instant gamers from cheaters/boosters.

Maybe it could simply be an add-on to the PSNP+ plugin? But for real, this now has to be done, there is no other way, our hobby is dying.

This is by far the worst answer to the "Shovleware games are ruining trophy hunting" statement, seriously ward off people because of a game they even played? you make no distinction between the people who buy every one of these games and the people who even have one. My name is mayo has over 100,000 owners and a vast majority of those probably dont buy heavily into spam games but in your system they would still be separated from others? Whats it even matter if people who play the games and people who dont interact theres so much elitism here its honestly gagging. Adding onto it why do you think this site will die if they dont do something of that nature? I assume its because of how the leaderboards are overinflated but even then not every person on here cares for the leaderbaords, your hobby isint dying because some guy spends 100$ a week on trashy games for a easy platinum what that person does has no affect on you or the hobby as a whole.

4 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Adding this feature to PSNP would be a great addition for a - say - Classic Trophy Hunter community. It would add greatly in addition to the Leaderboard features and so on. Some people chase the leaderboards, they have the leaderboard feature, some people chase the UR count, they have the UR count feature. So adding a feature that filters shovelwares/stacks would simply be another great addition for "Classic Trophy Hunters". It could also be a toggle button that shows/hides stacks and shovelware :) Also, it could be a different feature such as a gamer score, like PSNTrophyLeaders does, a badge or a feature that take into consideration one game and not the whole stacks and adjust stats accordingly. Like I said, there could be many ways to achieve this.

absolutely loathe the shovelware games and I genuinely think people buying into it is a massive disservice to the community. That being said I still believe altering and separating gamers based on their choices is a horrible idea. You alter one thing and then another, and another, and another, as the community asks for more and more.

I'm someone who personally doesn't care about Leaderboards, I care about keeping a high completion rate. My enjoyment comes with comparing that with what my friends are doing, maybe if we both have an incomplete game in our backlog we race to see who cleans it up first. If you start separating leaderboards, that's one domino falling, and the rest comes with it.

So let's say you had a completion % leaderboard. Who's to say people don't start demanding that DLC not be included in completion % and only the platinum should factor? (This EXACT thing happened on TrueAchievements for Xbox, and you can now choose to opt out of DLC showing on your profile).

No reason to snowball the website.

• Like 3

Just now, skazzzz4 said:

This stupid argument has been around for as long as trophies have existed. Back on PS3 it was mostly easy movie tie-in games that people whined about. Then it was Vita visual novels people cried about. Same argument, they were destroying trophy hunting for "real" trophy hunters. Almost 15 years later and people are still doing this crap.

I know, but you will most certainly agree that this has just gotten out of control. You simply need to come here like thrice a week to see free trophy apps being displayed in bulk on the home page.

While theses "easy" games were criticized, they were still games. These Stroke the Turtle / Jumping Pizza are not games, everyone will agree on this. That's where the line is drawn.

• Like 1

Just now, pjcooper2012 said:

This is by far the worst answer to the "Shovleware games are ruining trophy hunting" statement, seriously ward off people because of a game they even played? you make no distinction between the people who buy every one of these games and the people who even have one. My name is mayo has over 100,000 owners and a vast majority of those probably dont buy heavily into spam games but in your system they would still be separated from others? Whats it even matter if people who play the games and people who dont interact theres so much elitism here its honestly gagging. Adding onto it why do you think this site will die if they dont do something of that nature? I assume its because of how the leaderboards are overinflated but even then not every person on here cares for the leaderbaords, your hobby isint dying because some guy spends 100$ a week on trashy games for a easy platinum what that person does has no affect on you or the hobby as a whole.

I think you misunderstood my point.

seriously ward off people because of a game they even played? you make no distinction between the people who buy every one of these games and the people who even have one.

I have never stated anything of that nature. My guess would be to categorize players who played X amount of these games, with a tolerance of Y games.

Adding onto it why do you think this site will die if they dont do something of that nature?

Once again, never said anything of that nature. I said our hobby is dying, not the site per se.

your hobby isint dying because some guy spends 100$ a week on trashy games for a easy platinum what that person does has no affect on you or the hobby as a whole.

Well, it does in a way. A hobby that is shared between several people has to have rules attached to it, or they don't have a hobby in common. Especially when communities/websites are dedicated to them. Not sure cyclist who do drugs to enhance their physical abilities are considered the same as those who don't, and not sure these latter appreciate being compared to the former.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Well, it does in a way. A hobby that is shared between several people has to have rules attached to it, or they don't have a hobby in common. Especially when communities/websites are dedicated to them. Not sure cyclist who do drugs to enhance their physical abilities are considered the same as those who don't, and not sure these latter appreciate being compared to the former.

I'm going to further add to my wall of text above. I also loathe people who do trophy stacks (that doesn't include full remasters years later)

*Looks at your 3 stack of Sound Shapes all completed on 8/22/14*

I wouldn't consider that very "classic trophy hunter" like of you, but that's my opinion. You wouldn't be on my leaderboard.

3x

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

Just now, Skurkitty said:

I'm going to further add to my wall of text above. I also loathe people who do trophy stacks (that doesn't include full remasters years later)

*Looks at your 3 stack of Sound Shapes all completed on 8/22/14*

I wouldn't consider that very "classic trophy hunter" like of you, but that's my opinion.

3x

Wow, how much did you have to scroll to make a point? And yes for the record, I do regret having done that at the time, and swore myself to never do it again. I wish I could delete the 2 other versions from my profile.

Sad this is the only point you can make against mine.

Edited by bosstristan

2 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Wow, how much did you have to scroll to make a point? And yes for the record, I do regret having done that at the time, and swore myself to never do it again.

I went to your profile, looked at your fastest platinum and that was it, so I only had to look at the side bar. Also if you see my edit you actually did it multiple times, so must not have sworn off it that quick.

Your one point is against shovelware, I countered with one point against stacking. Soooooo

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

Just now, ddrakner said:

Don't blame PSNP for including all kind of games (thousands, updated daily with a great work by the modders and the community) in a pretty decent leaderboard, blame Sony for letting those kind of games be a reality. 

Don't ask PSNP to remove or ban certain games/players, ask Sony to put a limit to those.

Of course it's just my opinion, I'm fine with every kind of game. Also, i really appreciate the neutral approach of PSNP in mirroring the reality of Sony instead of having thousands of different leaderboards trying to ear every desire of every player out there.

True, the ones to blame are defo Sony. But the Pandora's box has been open, it's too late now, only third party communities can (try) to remedy this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

*Looks at your 3 stack of Sound Shapes all completed on 8/22/14, Tales of Monkey Island all on 6/15/15* etc etc

I wouldn't consider that very "classic trophy hunter" like of you, but that's my opinion. You wouldn't be on my leaderboard.

"You stacked a game 8 years ago" really isn't the burn you think it is.

1 hour ago, janpham said:

"Ban people" LOL. Are you from Northkorea?

Ah yes, because as we all know, trophy sites banning people is equivalent to a totalitarian government.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 3

I went to your profile, looked at your fastest platinum and that was it, so I only had to look at the side bar. Also if you see my edit you actually did it multiple times, so must not have sworn off it that quick.

Sound Shapes is the only "stack" that I have, look again, Monkey Islands are two different games (1 & 2)

5 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Wow, how much did you have to scroll to make a point? And yes for the record, I do regret having done that at the time, and swore myself to never do it again. I wish I could delete the 2 other versions from my profile.

If it troubles you so, there’s always the option to hide them. And so far as it being sad being the only points made against you, you seem to willfully ignore or not engage with comments that may have stronger arguments against your idea, so… you’re picking the opposition you want to deal with, then deciding it’s sad.

Edited by Ashande

2 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Sound Shapes is the only "stack" that I have, look again, Monkey Islands are two different games (1 & 2)

Fair, I only quick glanced, I'll re-edit.

6 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

You should read my full wall of text higher on this very page which gives my actual constructive point of view. Instead of just the one that makes you feel defensive.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

Just now, Ashande said:

If it troubles you so, there’s always the option to hide them. And so far as it being sad being the only points made against you, you seem to willfully ignore or not engage with comments that may have stronger arguments for your idea, so… you’re picking the opposition you want to deal with, then deciding it’s sad.

Not hiding any trophies, that's another thing I strongly wish didn't exist, but I do appreciate that PSNP implemented a nice H on profiles that hide trophies.

What posts are you talking about? I read all of them, and some do have a point, I may not agree but I take it into consideration. :)

Edited by bosstristan

Fair, I only quick glanced, I'll re-edit.

You should read my full wall of text higher on this very page which gives my actual constructive point of view. Instead of just the one that makes you feel defensive.

I did read it, and I heard you. I didn't feel like it needed me to reply to it in any way.