PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

6 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Please link me to a post I didn't reply to and will gladly do so.

There's no data manipulation here, simply creating a different pool of players, or any other feature to differentiate them (title, divisions, badges on profiles etc.), like in most sports.

There’s a couple.

Just now, djb5f said:

No, I don’t like the current situation but to me, it is more of shrug. I wish they had kept these as low point, no platinum titles, which would’ve probably helped quite a bit.

I just see people wasting hundreds/thousands of hours on some inane multiplayer boosting or single player grind or requirement and think, is that really any better use of time?

Basically trophy hunters looking down at people playing shovelware feels similar to non-trophy hunters (I.e. regular gamers) looking down at trophy-hunters for the silliness they pursue.  There is a certain irony to it.

Ultimately, each type of player can do what he/she desires.

Investing over 30 hours for the Rank 50 trophy in Max Payne 3 was to you, a massive waste of time. You said so yourself when I was boosting that game.

Fact of the matter is the system is here to stay, but it's undeniable that since Ratalaika made the scene, there was been a divide in the trophy community here regarding what constitutes as an actual game with trophies and what doesn't.

Just now, Ashande said:

There’s a couple.

#1 : I've basically replied in later posts : line is drawn when a game doesn't meet the definition of a game, but more of an app.

#2 : This post has personal experience and opinion to it with one rhetorical question, I don't see how I should reply to it.

#3 :  Like another member said, I didn't understand the comparison, I think there was a misunderstanding there.

6 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Investing over 30 hours for the Rank 50 trophy in Max Payne 3 was to you, a massive waste of time. You said so yourself when I was boosting that game.

Fact of the matter is the system is here to stay, but it's undeniable that since Ratalaika made the scene, there was been a divide in the trophy community here regarding what constitutes as an actual game with trophies and what doesn't.

sorry, didn’t mean to offend you seeing as you held onto the comment.

My thinking was that that grind was even longer but maybe you had already made good progress.  But yes, doing that same level over and over for even 30 hours is not for the faint of heart!

Edited by djb5f

2 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Never understood why people care so much about the leaderboards. Like no one here is ever going to reach even the top 2000 without going out of their way to spend thousands of dollars and hours on games you don't care about just to earn trophies. Never understood why people don't just play what they enjoy and instead play random shit to get a higher ranking... And I can't imagine it being possible at this time to get anywhere near the top 10 unless you've already been aiming for it for years.

Thank you. Glad to hear a rational comment. Any time you make a critique like this, you just get "canceled" by those who do engage in these games. So basically trying to convince them otherwise is a massive waste of time. Believe me I've tried.

• Like 1

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

Thank you. Glad to hear a rational comment. Any time you make a critique like this, you just get "canceled" by those who do engage in these games. So basically trying to convince them otherwise is a massive waste of time. Believe me I've tried.

Just now, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Never understood why people care so much about the leaderboards. Like no one here is ever going to reach even the top 2000 without going out of their way to spend thousands of dollars and hours on games you don't care about just to earn trophies. Never understood why people don't just play what they enjoy and instead play random shit to get a higher ranking... And I can't imagine it being possible at this time to get anywhere near the top 10 unless you've already been aiming for it for years.

Glad to see there are still rational and passionate people like you guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I thought we were just shaming people who played these games? Or was that passe 2 days ago? Doesn't this site have a leaderboard thread for folks with only 50% average rarity or below? Or isn't that good enough?

I like the ban idea though. Just needs some refinements.

The Perfect Leaderboard;

Only those with 0 stacks (even if you stacked The Witcher 3, you're a filthy stacker and you're out), 0 autopops, 0 out of region games, 0 VNs (no you didn't fucking read the text to Steins Gate), 0 kiddie games, 0 erotica games (no boobz allowed), no games without plats, no games with plat rarity above 50% (no, you didn't enjoy Spider-Man, you're a trophy whore), and you must have at least 100 UR trophies earned every year. Ideally only games that take more than 100 hours to complete would be eligible, but we'll call that a stretch goal. Gotta start small.

Here you go:

https://psnprofiles.com/VlETNAM-?order=a-z

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Is that the whole leaderboard? It's a bit bigger than I was expecting.

I haven't gone through the whole list, but I already found some non-plat games (No Plat, No Play), and he stacked Demon Souls, so I'm afraid the ban hammer is coming down on him.

Edit

Oh - Shadow Warriors 3.That's gonna be a problem too, sitting at 47% platinum completion. That's a real shame.

Edited by diskdocx

Just now, diskdocx said:

Is that the whole leaderboard? It's a bit bigger than I was expecting.

I haven't gone through the whole list, but I already found some non-plat games (No Plat, No Play), and he stacked Demon Souls, so I'm afraid the ban hammer is coming down on him.

He has one of the best accounts I've seen on this website. But to clarify, the original PS3 version of Demon's Souls and the PS5 remake are not the same game, there's a lot of differences between the two.

Only Super Street Fighter IV is stacked from what I can see, but otherwise I see nothing else. No Plat, No Play isn't a good rule for the "perfect" leaderboard. I've done plenty of 100% only titles that were far more difficult than a lot of platinum trophies I earned.

Awesome profile nonetheless, and some of those completion timestamps are absolutely insane.

banning people is a bit extreme.  On the other hand not awarding gamer  score for common trophies would eliminate all the cheating.  It would be interesting to see though how many people played these really fun shovelware games if they didn't count for any gamer score.  I'm betting 0.

shovelware is just an exploit like you use when you can't beat hard mode in a game or something.  they can't compete legitimately so they come up with an exploit so they can win.  In this case, the exploit is called shovelware.  We just need to patch it so they can't cheat anymore.   

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

He has one of the best accounts I've seen on this website. But to clarify, the original PS3 version of Demon's Souls and the PS5 remake are not the same game, there's a lot of differences between the two.

Only Super Street Fighter IV is stacked from what I can see, but otherwise I see nothing else. No Plat, No Play isn't a good rule for the "perfect" leaderboard. I've done plenty of 100% only titles that were far more difficult than a lot of platinum trophies I earned.

Awesome profile nonetheless, and some of those completion timestamps are absolutely insane.

Obviously my leaderboard was intentionally absurd. But you've been around these boards long enough that every one of my 'rules' has been hotly debated here. I always thought the 'no plat, no play' mindset was ridiculous - some of my favourite games had no plat - but that was a major thing for a lot of players for quite a while.

I get the frustration behind most of these threads, but it really feels like you're pissing into a hurricane force wind. I would like to think that all these profiles full of playing nothing but 2 minute plats will eventually get bored. I mean, could you imagine doing only that all day every day?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Obviously my leaderboard was intentionally absurd. But you've been around these boards long enough that every one of my 'rules' has been hotly debated here. I always thought the 'no plat, no play' mindset was ridiculous - some of my favourite games had no plat - but that was a major thing for a lot of players for quite a while.

I get the frustration behind most of these threads, but it really feels like you're pissing into a hurricane force wind. I would like to think that all these profiles full of playing nothing but 2 minute plats will eventually get bored. I mean, could you imagine doing only that all day every day?

I understand the mindset. Resident Evil 4 should of received a platinum back then, regardless of how many people said otherwise. But unfortunately we live in an era where people complain about every little thing.

Smartphones were a mistake, because they brought the hordes in. Logging into the internet back in the day required more effort, as did most anything else. That filtered out a lot of the morons.

Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 should of both gotten a platinum, but it is what it is.

The thing is, I used to compete on the leaderboards too. I got to within world rank 5000 back in early 2017 and would of gained a few thousand more ranks if I kept on my pace. But I decided "Why waste my time on this"? All Sounds Shapes did was teach me that getting handed trophies was kind of meaningless.

I'm still guilty of dopamine hits. I did Horned Knight and Z-Warp, both throwaway indies with 15 - 30 minute platinums. But with their extremely low price tag, I can understand why it's hard for some people to resist.

You used to be in the top 200 worldwide, but your rank has dropped by over 200 places. There's a lot of great stuff on your profile, even if a good chunk of it is really easy.

26 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

would like to think that all these profiles full of playing nothing but 2 minute plats will eventually get bored. I mean, could you imagine doing only that all day every day?

that is the thing though.  they don't play them all day.  i was looking at one of the top guys several days in a row and he gets about 10 platinums a day and spends less than two hours most of the time.  I game far more than a lot of them.   Playing actual games takes up way more time but you more often than not get a quality experience.

Topics like this with zero fruition are like a staple now, exactly like the trashware, here to stay, imho people just collect whatever they want to collect and let others do the same, like @DrBloodmoneymentioned once, chastising, ridiculing and now segregating even more is not the way to go, not to mention that the leaderboards was a losing game from the start, just wish there was a way to hide games like PlatPrices that would aliviate the copy and paste fuckery every time I want to check the main page for new games.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

Judging by the posts of other users OP is ignoring/brushing off any good argument against his idea.

If you force people to hide games for petty reasons then your leaderboard is worth nothing when its made up of people who bend their knee to said reasons.

The easy/fast platinums, autopop trophies and stacks removed (there would be no difference between a Jumping game and lets say Skyrim stacks), thats a lot of meat you'd have to cut off before you can call it a good steak.

Retroactively removing players from leaderboards so some elitist is pleased is not the way to "save the site".

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Topics like this with zero fruition are like a staple now, exactly like the trashware, here to stay, imho people just collect whatever they want to collect and let others do the same, like @DrBloodmoneymentioned once, chastising, ridiculing and now segregating even more is not the way to go, not to mention that the leaderboards was a losing game from the start, just wish there was a way to hide games like PlatPrices that would aliviate the copy and paste fuckery every time I want to check the main page for new games.

It was always about how much time and money you had. I respect Hakoom and the fact that he's been around for a long time.

You can't be #1 on the leaderboards without dedicating at least 12 - 15 hours a day to trophies. I used to compete for leaderboards for MMOs like Runescape so I can attest to that. One of the top players for that game admitted to spending 12 hours a day for two years to reach the #1 spot.

If you can't be competitive or see there is no point, it's a complete waste of time.

6 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Judging by the posts of other users OP is ignoring/brushing off any good argument against his idea.

If you force people to hide games for petty reasons then your leaderboard is worth nothing when its made up of people who bend their knee to said reasons.

The easy/fast platinums, autopop trophies and stacks removed (there would be no difference between a Jumping game and lets say Skyrim stacks), thats a lot of meat you'd have to cut off before you can call it a good steak.

Retroactively removing players from leaderboards so some elitist is pleased is not the way to "save the site".

Right. A few years back we argued over a rarity leaderboard because it will never work.

PSNTrophyLeaders has different categories based on trophy rarity, completionist and overall on their leaderboards. The site is heavily skewed in favor of trophy rarity but at least it's something. Right now the best thing we have is PSNP+, because it expands on the options for filtering out certain games based on completion and such.

This website used to show the average rarity statistic on the front page of trophy profiles. That would certainly please the elitists, but at this point bringing that back will just divide this community even more.