PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

Just now, Thrillhelm said:

Judging by the posts of other users OP is ignoring/brushing off any good argument against his idea.

If you force people to hide games for petty reasons then your leaderboard is worth nothing when its made up of people who bend their knee to said reasons.

The easy/fast platinums, autopop trophies and stacks removed (there would be no difference between a Jumping game and lets say Skyrim stacks), thats a lot of meat you'd have to cut off before you can call it a good steak.

Retroactively removing players from leaderboards so some elitist is pleased is not the way to "save the site".

I have replied to every comment that could be replied to.

At no point did I talk about leaderboards by the way. I think you've barely read the OP and the replies.

Normally these threads follow the same script, with the same people saying the same things on endless loop. An uroboros of trophy envy so powerful it makes the board shake from all the butthurt.

But this time we got some of the usual doomposters agreeing and playing nice for once. Clearly we need to keep making these threads, we're approaching butthurt ragnarok.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Just some healthy gatekeeping. Same as sports ban people who use drugs, or forbid access to some competition depending on the gender, weight, and so on. It's all a matter of fairness and balance.

people also use exploits in games, like Minecraft online trophy worlds. So they should be banned too? I don't think so

I see your point. 

There is a cross-platform tracking site that gives EXP considering the rarity of the trophies/achievements, so I believe it is exactly what you want.

I use both sites, so I see which games are at 0 EXP or very low EXP count but to be honest I don't care much about leaderboards anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

I have replied to every comment that could be replied to.

At no point did I talk about leaderboards by the way. I think you've barely read the OP and the replies.

You literally mentioned leaderboards in the start of this thread lol.

But yeah this has to be one of the most toxic things I've read, you've barely even attempted to engage with those who disagreed you and just insulted you whether it be direct or veiled, different people have different amounts of free time as well as choices in game, many people like to try keep themselves high up and still have to work a large amount of time, some even work multiple jobs and keep this hobby.

While I'm not particularly a fan of these types of game all be it playing a select few I'm certainly not going to begrudge someone because they choose to play them, they are simple games and there are some who may find that enjoyable, and before you respond with I highly doubt it, who are you to say what someone else enjoys you? And most importantly who are you to say someone doesn't belong on a section you are a part of just because they play different games to you?

P.S. comparing this to performance enhancing drugs in sports is laughable and that's coming from someone studying a degree in sports ?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

My hobby is alive and well, thanks…

…but even if it wasn’t, I find it to be an incredible leap of illogic to believe that the best way to “save” it would be by mass-banning people from the #1 site dedicated to it.

They think that liking something makes them special and more people trying to enjoy a thing is actually polluting it.

Edited by boorish_brute
  • Like 1

While i agree the amount of pay to plat/shovel ware games being released recently is excessive and clogs up the store page you need to remember that these types of games are on all platforms and people can buy and play what they want.

I like shmups and recently bought a game called rocketio because it was marketed as a space shooter and the screenshots kinda backed that up ,turns out it's "shovelware". and unlocked 50 trophies in 2 mins. 

Edited by Ultraxian

[sarcasm="ON"]

Let's make psnp available only to people who have at least 1000 UR trophies !!! Yayyyy

[sarcasm="OFF"]

The idea to have a "rarity leaderboard" giving more value to some trophies depending on the rarity (like the other website), why not. 

BUT as an addition / option to current leaderboard, so we get multiple leaderboards :) 

But ban / exclude people ? Ouch X_x

I did many of this easy / stupid games myself

But i still did many UR games too ... don't think i should be ban .. at least i hope :giggle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

[sarcasm="ON"]

Let's make psnp available only to people who have at least 1000 UR trophies !!! Yayyyy

[sarcasm="OFF"]

The idea to have a "rarity leaderboard" giving more value to some trophies depending on the rarity (like the other website), why not. 

BUT as an addition / option to current leaderboard, so we get multiple leaderboards :) 

But ban / exclude people ? Ouch X_x

I did many of this easy / stupid games myself

But i still did many UR games too ... don't think i should be ban .. at least i hope :giggle:

But then most of the high scoring people on the leaderboards will be at the bottom. Seriously have you seen some of those accounts 500 platinums and the rarest completion they have is 92% ?

2 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

But then most of the high scoring people on the leaderboards will be at the bottom. Seriously have you seen some of those accounts 500 platinums and the rarest completion they have is 92% ?

It's a joke. It requires very little effort to play those games. So we may as well play without being concerned about the leaderboards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's a joke. It requires very little effort to play those games. So we may as well play without being concerned about the leaderboards.

That's the point ?

If you find the leaderboard to be broken because of those Shovelware games, play without looking at the learderbords it's as simple as that ?‍♂️

To me the problem lies with Sony and the release of these games. I guess if the game isn't buggy and works as intended they can't do much. But surely they need to introduce a better quality control and review system for new releases - assign some internal playtesters to assess the playability, asset reuse and similarly to other games.

I'm more worried about how flooded the PS Store is than by the trophies. If this was reduced somewhat it would at least begin to cut off the problem at the source.

3 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

While i agree the amount of pay to plat/shovel ware games being released recently is excessive and clogs up the store page you need to remember that these types of games are on all platforms and people can buy and play what they want.

I like shmups and recently bought a game called rocketio because it was marketed as a space shooter and the screenshots kinda backed that up ,turns out it's "shovelware". and unlocked 50 trophies in 2 mins. 

I agree - there's been a couple of shovelware games I mildly enjoyed regardless of the trophies. For example I liked Planet Rix-13, it was a nice little distraction for an hour.

I just focus on my own score and not care what anyone else does

For me its just a personal record of accomplishments and personally I would only play games which I want to play and get as many trophies as I can in them. Then I like looking back at what I have done over time.   

• Like 1

The solution to stop all this fighting and constant debate is an easy one - however it requires actual work from the site owner who hasn't done anything major to the site in years now. 

The current leaderboard is based on the points system which in this day and age is obsolete due to the way Sony operates their trophy system.

This leaderboard has to go and be replaced with multiple opt-in leaderboards. 

- Total points (world and country boards) - ie: the current board

- most ultra rares (world and country) 

- average rarity (world and country) 

- completion rate (world and country) 

- leaderboard for each console (world and country) with all of the above leaderboard metrics

- any other leaderboard people think is relevant

As these boards are all 'opt-in' there should be no more complaining about these ezpz games and 'normal' gamers not being able to climb the boards because you will be competing against people who are like minded and with similar goals. 

If you are going for overall points, you wouldn't opt-in to the average rarity board as you would be no where on it. Same as if you were going for ultra rares, you wouldn't opt in to the points board as there would be little point. 

That way, there is no singular overall leaderboard, but a series of about 20 something boards. If you are hunting average rarity on Ps4 games only, there is a board for you to compete against like minded people. Who gives a shit what everyone else is doing outside your own goals. 

Anyway, this is all a pipe dream at this stage and I doubt we will ever see something like this unless @HusKy could do it on psnp+ but I imagine it would be a lot of work to set something like that up. 

• Like 1

There is no point in policing what people platinum. Even if you could reform psnp into a website that was segregated, users would just migrate to an alternate website that suits their preferences. You have to keep in mind that the rankings are superficial, nobody is forced to believe that one profile is superior or inferior to another just because of it's ranking.

It's fine that the current leaderboard is the main leaderboard but PSNP should also offer alternative leaderboards for those who want to compete without resorting to non-games. You straight up cannot be competitive on the current leaderboard with 50+ hold-a-button games releasing every week. The current leaderboard is useless for anyone who doesn't buy the 16 weekly stacks of jumping food + turbo, 16 stacks of car moving left to right + Nitro, 8 stacks of Animal + Letter, 8 stacks of "quiz" games, 2 stroke the animal games etc. There are more but that's 50 games and you cannot compete with that through playing actual games.

This site needs (a) leaderboard(s) for those interested in the competitive aspect of gaming and trophy hunting because it does not have one. The top people on the current leaderboard do not get most of their points from actual games but from hold-a-button apps

I think two new leaderboards would be good. One that straight up counts trophies with over for example 80% site completion percentage as zero and another one which highly rewards rare trophies by giving more points for increasingly rare games. Neither may be a perfect solution and both can to a degree be manipulated but there needs to be something when the current leaderboard is dominated by non-games.

This site currently does not cater to gamers who want to enjoy the competitive aspect of trophy hunting because there is no leaderboard where you won't get destroyed by people paying pay-to-plat games. There has to be one. It does not need to replace the current leaderboard but at least complement it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

This site currently does not cater to gamers who want to enjoy the competitive aspect of trophy hunting because there is no leaderboard where you won't get destroyed by people paying pay-to-plat games. There has to be one. It does not need to replace the current leaderboard but at least complement it.

This right here ^

• Like 2